Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2017, 09:54 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,678,449 times

Advertisements

Y'all are shaking that little present under the tree hoping it's keys to the go kart you so desperately want.

Sorry, but it's a jigsaw puzzle.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2017, 09:55 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,589,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pretzelogik View Post
Fake News
Fake news what exactly?

Old 03-22-2017, 09:58 AM

32,158 posts, read 34,838,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noc View Post
Me thinking it but you writing it now makes it obvious that something on the level of treason is going on.
I mean, it's possible for Comey to say on March 20th "The Department of Justice has authorized me to confirm that there is an ongoing FBI investigation of the Trump campaign and associates and any links to Russia and coordination between the campaign and Russia, and an assessment of any crimes that may have occurred" and then next month say "We have concluded our investigation and have determined that Trump and his associates are in the clear." Anything is possible. But if you had any sense that the investigation would be unlikely to lead to anything, then why would you announce it publicly and in the process cast aspersions against a sitting President, especially in light of the fact that you already did the same thing to Clinton a few months ago?

Comey didn't have to confirm the investigation. The fact that he did, IMO, speaks volumes.

Old 03-22-2017, 10:00 AM

32,158 posts, read 34,838,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
It's so bizarre to me that Republicans and Conservatives are so desperate to defend Trump and ignore this. It's like they want Russia to get away with attacking us, and they're perfectly fine with Trump working for the Kremlin. They act like Putin won't ever turn on them too. They hacked the RNC too. No question Putin has dirt on Republicans that he can release whenever he wants.

Shouldn't all good Americans be opposed to Russia attacking us and government employees working with the Kremlin? Reagan would be rolling in his grave over the Republican love of Putin now.
One thing I wondered about is whether Putin himself would release any evidence of collusion. It would be the ultimate middle finger to America. He would be laughing the entire time while Congress is left with no choice but to put its own President in jail.

Old 03-22-2017, 10:01 AM

1,187 posts, read 1,025,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
I didn't hear Comey say there "there is no evidence so far." The only thing he confirmed there was no evidence for was the substance of Trump's tweets.

Clapper can only say what he has seen. He obviously left office on January 20th and stated that any evidence of collusion would have come after he left office. For some reason, some people are wishfully thinking that Clapper was saying THERE IS NO EVIDENCE AT ALL when those aren't the words that came out of his mouth.
He had meeting with house select committee before very recently. There is a presser from Nunes guy. After this meeting Democrats even came out accused FBI hiding information. FBI deputy guy told same thing to WH which made into news few weeks back. May be they are sending False signals. You mean if there is something it happened after Januraly 20th? Clapper says there is no proof of evidence when he was in government that includes all departments. But lot of links are still pointing to 2016 which are recycled ones? I am yet to see a link which shows something between Trump team and Russians after Janurary 20th. I think, even Flynn discussion happened before Jan 20th. They didn't even charge him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mqFyPYoVNjs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ycZj5-5KJwA

Last edited by ritholtz; 03-22-2017 at 10:12 AM..

Old 03-22-2017, 10:02 AM

15,706 posts, read 11,799,742 times
Quote:
One thing I wondered about is whether Putin himself would release any evidence of collusion. It would be the ultimate middle finger to America. He would be laughing the entire time while Congress is left with no choice but to put its own President in jail.
I've thought about that too, and I kinda hope he does. I'm guessing for now, the chaos over all this and Trump's incompetence is already doing a good enough job in undermining the US, so he has no reason to bring down the hammer yet. If Trump turns against him and starts hurting Russian interests, he might be more inclined to release what he has.

Old 03-22-2017, 10:02 AM

8,665 posts, read 5,864,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
Sen. Mark Warner wants to bring in Manafort to testify. They better get to him fast before he mysteriously dies of polonium poisoning.

You're sure right about that!

Old 03-22-2017, 10:03 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,353,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott_CA View Post
The Trump-Russia Scandal Continues to Unfold

In an exclusive AP report, former Trump campaign manager Paul Manafort worked for a close Putin associate to draw up strategic plans to disrupt pro-Western governments in Eastern Europe to benefit Russian interests. Manafort was wired millions of dollars to the work, which later became the subject of a lawsuit in the Cayman Islands.

Previously the Trump administration and Manafort denied he had any links to Russia. This new report disputes that.

Now we have a link between Trump and Putin's inner circle, with Manafort as the middle man. Manafort was campaign manager around the time Russia hacked the DNC. Roger Stone admitted he had a back door line of communication with WikiLeaks. The pieces are coming together.

https://apnews.com/122ae0b5848345faa...tin-Government
This isn't a "Trump-Russia scandal." Trump fired him for this. But you don't like that narrative.

Old 03-22-2017, 10:03 AM

16,376 posts, read 22,534,461 times
Quote:
This is why Trump only says nice things about Putin and sides with Russia. Trump is beholden to Putin.

Old 03-22-2017, 10:04 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,353,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzy24 View Post
And yet republican Comey probably knew all this before the election and he said nothing.
What makes you think Comey, who has a history of protecting the Clintons, is a Republican?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies