Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-22-2017, 10:21 PM

6,928 posts, read 5,908,758 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AfriqueNY View Post
Geeeeeees. I get it. Everyone who has a funny sounding foriegn name and religion is trying to kill me for my freedoms. I'm going to hide under my bed and make sure I vote Republican every election cycle. Every time there is an attack I need to be reminded of this until I tow the right wing line. Yellow scare (vietnam) red scare (cold war) and now the brown scare (Islam). Dumb it all down for the Murica Crowd. I like to take a more intellectual approach. If country A invades and steals resources (oil) from country B, there is a good chance that citizens from country B may use terrorism against A. Dehumanizing your enemy through propaganda (religion ) is old hat.
No, we know you: there could be fifty or a hundred of these attacks in each western nation, every single day. And it would not move your needle one millimeter: you are LOCKED IN.
So---no reasoning with you. No point.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2017, 10:35 PM

10,219 posts, read 15,937,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Lets not jump to conclus....

and it's Islam.
Yes if a terror attack happens and the perpetrator is not identified, his name is probably Mohammed, Abdul, Rasheed, Malik, or something like that.

If there is a deadly robbery/gang shooting etc and the perpetrator is not identified, the name is probably Laquan, Trayvon, D'Quayle, Carlos, Luis or Jose.......

Old 03-22-2017, 10:37 PM

10,219 posts, read 15,937,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Yet, sadly, that is EXACTLY what Islam does. It is first and foremost a political system, one founded by a warlord that plundered, raped and murdered with impunity. One who created a "religion" to attract those that found those acts satisfying and to justify his own actions. A political system that encourages its followers to subjugate others, to brutalize and terrorize women and to sexually abuse children. And of course to murder gays.
Yes. And Islam did NOT stem from Christianity and Judaism. Muhammad plagarized some ideas from Christians and Jews and then corrupted and twisted them and added his own philosophies. I reject the claim that Islam has common roots with Christianity because it does not. And a lot of the proud "Islamic" achievements were plagarized or copied from the Greeks, Romans, and Indians such as their medical claims. And the Arabic numerals really originated in India too.

The great civilizations in Egypt, Mesopotamia, and Persia were there before these places became Islamic. Many of the native Egyptians were slaughtered during the Arab Muslim invasions. After these places became Islamic they contributed nothing to the world.

Old 03-22-2017, 10:45 PM

78,444 posts, read 60,640,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aridon View Post
I don't care who it is or what sky genie he worships. I view the individual as a sick SOB and don't classify him into any other category besides that.
So if the Pope starts screaming about killing heretics and his followers obey him like they did 400 years ago (or even sooner in some cases) it's just random and not a church directed action?

Old 03-22-2017, 10:54 PM

2,919 posts, read 3,189,346 times
U cannot argue with radicalized liberal leftists. They are always trying to deflect from the facts. It's appalling that one cannot convince them that radical Islamic terrorism is the most prevalent form of terrorism today. They simply refuse to believe it. It's truly bewildering.

Old 03-22-2017, 11:13 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,765,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
So if the Pope starts screaming about killing heretics and his followers obey him like they did 400 years ago (or even sooner in some cases) it's just random and not a church directed action?
There is no equivelent to the Pope in Islam.

Old 03-22-2017, 11:21 PM

6,476 posts, read 4,079,302 times
Apparently this dude's name was Trevor Brooks till he changed it to an Islamic one.
So immigration wouldn't have stopped this as this dude is probably the descendant of a Jamaican father or grandfather and a white mum. Or a white man and a Jamaican or Nigerian mom.

If it was Trevor Brooks then this guy even had a wikipedia page.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abu_Izzadeen
Personally I wonder why they jail potential terrorists for only three years...

Update: Trevor Brooks is still in prison. Hope he stays there...

Old 03-23-2017, 04:39 AM

26,512 posts, read 15,088,692 times
7 arrests made overnight in regards to the terrorist attack in London.

https://www.yahoo.com/gma/firearms-i...opstories.html

Old 03-23-2017, 04:53 AM

27,194 posts, read 13,482,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NigerianNightmare View Post
Apparently this dude's name was Trevor Brooks till he changed it to an Islamic one.
So immigration wouldn't have stopped this as this dude is probably the descendant of a Jamaican father or grandfather and a white mum. Or a white man and a Jamaican or Nigerian mom.

If it was Trevor Brooks then this guy even had a wikipedia page.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abu_Izzadeen
Personally I wonder why they jail potential terrorists for only three years...

Update: Trevor Brooks is still in prison. Hope he stays there...
The police haven't officially released the attackers name, but according to some news sources it is not Abu Izzadeen (Trevor Brooks) who is apparently currently still in prison.

Abu Izzadeen's brother says he is still in prison and not London attacker | The Independent

Abu Izzadeen aka Trevor Brooks incorrectly named as London terror attacker 'still in prison' | Metro News

Trevor Brooks, Abu Izzadeen, Mistakenly Named As London Attack Suspect Despite Being In Jail | The Huffington Post

If it's not Abu Izzadeen then Channel 4 News could be the subject of a legal case, as they named the attacker as Izzadean last night.

Quote:

Channel 4 was forced to suspend its news programme on its +1 channel on Wednesday night after falsely naming Westminster terror attack suspect as someone currently held in prison.

The channel’s 7pm news show named the man responsible for the terrorist attack as Islamic preacher Abu Izzadeen at the start of their bulletin.

However, halfway through broadcast Simon Israel, Channel 4’s senior home affairs correspondent, told viewers: “It may be that we’re not as certain about identity of the attacker as we thought.”

It followed denials from both security sources and Izzadeen’s lawyer that it could be him, as he was still incarcerated in jail.

By the end of the programme, confirmation had come from Izzadeen’s brother he remains in prison.

Channel 4 News accuses Abu Izzadeen, who is in prison, of Westminster terror attack

Last edited by Brave New World; 03-23-2017 at 05:20 AM..

Old 03-23-2017, 05:56 AM

6,418 posts, read 7,253,917 times
The attacker is known but his name isn't being released yet because they are still investigating possible links to others and organisations etc. He is British and was known already for violent extremism some time ago but wasn't currently on the radar (so thought to be low risk? Not sure what it means that he was known but not currently on the radar).

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
It doesn't matter because it's not loud enough and a little too late.

Especially when the Mayor of London has told his city that they should get used to terrorist attacks.

Sadiq Khan: London mayor says terror attacks 'part and parcel' of living in a major city | The Independent

No. there's Muslim apologists like you who sit there and claim how much Islamists have done to condemn attacks yet, they still keep coming and their silence to me on this subject equals complicity.

There is nothing about the Muslims that says "assimilation" to me in any western nation. They are not there to assimilate, they are there to subjugate, and usurp the sovereignty of free nations by supplanting populations with immigration. Conquering by sheer numbers. You can't allow the population to swell larger than 2% because when they get a foothold they start dictating how they want the government run. None of them and I am not mincing words, NONE of them belong in western nations. Zero.
How quickly do they need to respond to please you? As its happening before anything is known?

Nothing wrong with what the London Mayor said last year, he was saying that the police and security services need to be well prepared and trained for attacks and people need to be aware that its possible they will happen.

Remember that terrorism isn't something new. London, and Britain in general, has been used to terrorism since the '70s when it was the IRA (who the US did not condemn but many Americans actually supported financially) and it was a hell of a lot more common than Islamic terrorism is today. I grew up hearing the news of bomb attacks several times a year every year, it was normal then, more normal than now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies