Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-23-2017, 09:56 PM

7,068 posts, read 6,495,734 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Republicans absolutely own it now if they can't get anything passed. That's what Trump ran on. I just don't understand...republicans had all these years to research and perfect healthcare for everyone. What have they been doing. Instead we have a rushed plan of theirs which hurts seniors among others. Oh but it helps the rich
Again, I agree with you on how the rep's should have had a consensus by now. It's pathetic the rep's don't have anything solid to largely agree on. Yes, 100%!

But you didn't touch on the key point with the dems....they like obamacare as it is. No changes needed. Even with 100%+ premium increases like in my state with only 1 insurer providing policies. And many other states with very high premium increases. Using logic, if the dems are being honest and they feel obamacare is fine the way it is, they should cheer if the rep's don't get anything rolling and obamacare stays as it is for the think it's perfect, right? And given it's fine as it is, the dems or reps shouldn't mess with it and you know who alone passed obamacare, right? Yes, the dems......so logic dictates given the dems like the plan as it is, don't want changes, and passed it 100% on their own, they own it. 100%. You can't twist the reality of this logic unless you want to change a parameter and tell me the dems don't like obamacare now.....want it repealed, etc.

As for trump, he can't change the law. That's congresses job. He can try to build consensus but that will only get one so far. That work is largely done in congress. And trump also can't magically wave a wand to keep the donors/$ out of the equation that you know has a big influence on the decisions here. His hands are tied unless you want to make him king.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2017, 10:00 PM

32,147 posts, read 15,166,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevek64 View Post
Again, I agree with you on how the rep's should have had a consensus by now. It's pathetic the rep's don't have anything solid to largely agree on. Yes, 100%!

But you didn't touch on the key point with the dems....they like obamacare as it is. No changes needed. Even with 100% premium increases like in my state with only 1 insurer providing policies. Using logic if the dems are being honest and they feel obamacare is find the way it is, they should cheer if the rep's don't get anything rolling and obamacare stays as it is for the think it's perfect, right? And given it's find, the dems or reps shouldn't mess with it and you know who alone passed obamacare, right? Yes, the dems......so logic dictates given the dems like the plan as it is, don't want changes, and passed it 100% on their own, they own it. 100%. You can't twist the reality of this logic unless you want to change a parameter and tell me the dems don't like obamacare now.....want it repealed, etc.
The only answer is medicare for all. Trump can't deliver on his campaign promises unless he does this. Dems wanted a single payer too and they still do.

Old 03-23-2017, 10:02 PM

9,742 posts, read 4,514,658 times
Quote:

But you didn't touch on the key point with the dems....they like obamacare as it is. No changes needed. Even with 100%+ premium increases like in my state with only 1 insurer providing policies. And many other states with very high premium increases. Using logic, if the dems are being honest and they feel obamacare is fine the way it is, they should cheer if the rep's don't get anything rolling and obamacare stays as it is for the think it's perfect, right? And given it's fine as it is, the dems or reps shouldn't mess with it and you know who alone passed obamacare, right? Yes, the dems......so logic dictates given the dems like the plan as it is, don't want changes, and passed it 100% on their own, they own it. 100%. You can't twist the reality of this logic unless you want to change a parameter and tell me the dems don't like obamacare now.....want it repealed, etc.
Again. Even Obama stated today the aca needs changes. The dems area Open To changes. It is the gop who has super majority that says repeal and replace.

Old 03-23-2017, 10:03 PM

7,068 posts, read 6,495,734 times
Quote:
The only answer is medicare for all. Trump can't deliver on his campaign promises unless he does this. Dems wanted a single payer too and they still do.
Again, trump isn't king/dictator and can't pass such a thing on his own even if he wants that with the majority of rep's in the house and senate now. No way would medicare for all pass in congress. And in a perfect world with a non corrupt system with no donors, sure, I'd trust gov to run such a thing. But then reality tells me not to trust gov to do anything these days given the obvious ineptness they handle even the most basic things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vacoder View Post
Again. Even Obama stated today the aca needs changes. The dems area Open To changes. It is the gop who has super majority that says repeal and replace.
We'll see what the donors want and that's what we'll get.

Old 03-23-2017, 10:11 PM

12,716 posts, read 7,849,528 times
Good. I think we should keep Obamacare in place as I think it's the best we are going to get without moving to a single payer system. I think if it went away, people would realize that it wasn't as bad as it was made out to be and a lot of people would end up worse off.

Old 03-23-2017, 10:12 PM

32,147 posts, read 15,166,229 times
Quote:
Again, trump isn't king/dictator and can't pass such a thing on his own even if he wants that with the majority of rep's in the house and senate now. No way would medicare for all pass in congress. And in a perfect world with a non corrupt system with no donors, sure, I'd trust gov to run such a thing. But then reality tells me not to trust gov to do anything these days given the obvious ineptness they handle even the most basic things.

Of course medicare for all wouldn't pass because of republicans. Medicare takes wonderful care of seniors.
But medicare is the only way everyone will get healthcare. Anything else like Ryan's plan is just BS

Old 03-23-2017, 10:12 PM

9,742 posts, read 4,514,658 times
Quote:

Are u denying what he publicly stated today's? It is obvious. The Aca is a work in progress no doubt. But what has the other side of the aisle offered? Seven years and still waiting. They passed tons of bills to repeal it and we're vetoed. Now without the threat of veto we get crickets chirping. That is what you should question.

Old 03-23-2017, 10:16 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,820,407 times
Quote:
Where were you when obama proposed medicare for all. Republicans overwhelming opposed this. So this is why we have obamacare now. At least Obama tried against so much opposition. And Obama was able to get over 2 million insurance who didn't have it. But the answer is medicare for all. So why don't you ask your congressman why he is opposed to this.
?????? Actually, I like single-payer the best. But I think medicare-for-all is an acceptable compromise. And have always voted that way.

Old 03-23-2017, 10:17 PM

6,129 posts, read 6,831,319 times
This is why healthcare couldn't be reformed pre-Obamacare in the first place. It's a shyeetstorm. Everybody wants something different and no one is willing to compromise. Ask Hillary Clinton. Heh.

That's why it was a major miracle when Obama managed to get his legislation through. And he had to go to extremes to do it.

Add this political idealouge-driven atmosphere where compromise is a dirty word and this is what you get.

Old 03-23-2017, 10:19 PM

13,586 posts, read 13,168,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sware2cod View Post
He has to go to his side job at Mar-a-Lago and the golf clubs. He walks around and shakes hands with paying members. He's part of the draw, just like Mickey Mouse is for Disneyworld. The members shake his hand, cheer, clap, ooh and ah over seeing him, they ask for selfies and basically kiss his feet. Besides, meeting and greeting is part of his job responsibilities for his side job. What fools people are to think he's only going to FL to relax. He's going there to do the same thing that Mickey Mouse does at Disney - photo ops, meet and greet, be seen in the same dinner hall with guests. At Disney people pay extra to dine with Mickey. At Mar-a-Lago, they dine with Trump.

Give him credit, he's 70 years old and has 2 jobs and has fooled the citizens into thinking he gave up the other job.
Jeebus. I never even thought of that. He is a clever bugger isn't he? At least when it comes to his own self-interest. Unfortunately, it's costing the taxpayer and the citizens of Florida.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies