Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-25-2017, 06:51 PM

3,515 posts, read 7,784,857 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
... Bannon and Trump have taken a “you’re either with us or against us” approach at this point, and that Bannon wants the tally of “against” versus “with us” mounted in his so-called West Wing “war room.”
When you list of "enemies" is small, making list might be a productive enterprise, but when your enemies outnumber you allies, I think you should reconsider your strategy. The republicans have the majority in both houses, there should no need for Trump to rely on the Democrats at all, but they get the blame. Typical Trump, makes promises he can't keep, blame others when he can't deliver. I do not think is wise to **** off what few allies Trump has, he might need them in the future.

Old 03-25-2017, 06:54 PM

11,122 posts, read 5,595,236 times
Quote:
Two senior Trump administration officials with direct knowledge of the process told The Daily Beast that Bannon and Trump have taken a “you’re either with us or against us” approach at this point, and that Bannon wants the tally of “against” versus “with us” mounted in his so-called West Wing “war room.”

“Burn the boats,” Bannon (in his typical, pugnacious style) advised Trump, according to one official involved. Burning one’s boats is a reference to when military commanders in hostile territories order his or her troops to destroy their own ships, so that they have to win or die trying.”

http://www.thedailybeast.com/article...posed-you.html

This is the real reason Trump wanted the vote to go forward even knowing it wouldn't pass. He wanted those who oppose him on record, so he knows exactly who to go after in the future.

This, my friends, is why the GOP will get nothing accomplished. Trump only cares about "winning." He has no interest in governing, or even attempting to unite his own party, much less the country.

This is great news, as it will further fragment and weaken the Republicans. Trump will have no one to act on his behalf, if he declares war on congress. But this is the kind of advice you'd expect from a mad dog like Bannon. Just keep them both away from that nuclear football. Since there's no way Trump can win after "burning the boats", it's obvious what's next for him. I really do wish they'd gone through with the vote, although wimping-out in the face of fire, makes them look even worse.

Trump's self-inflicted destruction is speeding along even faster than I'd have dared to imagine. Unless the Congressional Republicans burn his boat very soon, he'll take them down with him. And as despicable as they are, we need a contingent of them remaining, to keep the Democrats honest. In the next election, I wouldn't want to see the Democrats come up with more than a 10-seat majority in the Senate or more than a 25-seat one in the House. Don't assume that there won't be some recalls before then, that will change the number of senate seats that the Democrats could have. The collapse of Trump's administration could have a big impact on the politics inside many states.

But regarding a democratic administration in the future, go into a fantasy-world and imagine a president of that party, who was as corrupt and self-serving as Trump. And if they had majorities in both houses of congress, they might do even more harm to our future, than this current one does, because they'd be more likely to work together and impose their own agenda on us. There has to be a balance and control of power in this country, for us to keep our successful position, as the world leader. All this idle talk from those on both sides, about destroying the other, if one was successful, would end in the destruction of us all.

On a side note, after Nixon's resignation, being able to claim a position on his infamous "enemies-list", was a big status-symbol in this country.

Last edited by Steve McDonald; 03-25-2017 at 07:38 PM..

Old 03-25-2017, 06:58 PM

6,143 posts, read 5,259,463 times
Trump is a known grudge holder, so I doubt it was hard to talk him into this one.

I remember reading an article by a sportswriter awhile back.
He said he wrote something critical about how Trump ran the New Jersey Generals of the USFL in the 1980's.
Trump had not forgotten about it 20 years later.

OTOH, Herschel Walker likes Trump.
I'd like him too if I were Herschel. By foregoing the NFL and playing in the USFL, Trump made him a very rich man.

Old 03-25-2017, 06:58 PM

4,798 posts, read 3,510,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
Well--we the people, are keeping a list of Trump loyalists who are apparently nuts--Bannon, Omarosa, Kellyann Conjob, Steven Miller, Carter Page, Roger Stone, Sean Hannity, Judge Napolitano and the newest -- Devin Nunes.
Kinda like Shelia Jackson Lee ( named after two confederates, lo), Pelosi, Reid, Wassreman swartz, Boxer, Schumer, Franken, Sanders, etc etc..

Old 03-25-2017, 06:59 PM

3,332 posts, read 1,964,561 times
Quote:
Two senior Trump administration officials with direct knowledge of the process told The Daily Beast that Bannon and Trump have taken a “you’re either with us or against us” approach at this point, and that Bannon wants the tally of “against” versus “with us” mounted in his so-called West Wing “war room.”

“Burn the boats,” Bannon (in his typical, pugnacious style) advised Trump, according to one official involved. Burning one’s boats is a reference to when military commanders in hostile territories order his or her troops to destroy their own ships, so that they have to win or die trying.”

http://www.thedailybeast.com/article...posed-you.html

This is the real reason Trump wanted the vote to go forward even knowing it wouldn't pass. He wanted those who oppose him on record, so he knows exactly who to go after in the future.

This, my friends, is why the GOP will get nothing accomplished. Trump only cares about "winning." He has no interest in governing, or even attempting to unite his own party, much less the country.
You see this as a bad thing?

Trump wasn't elected to go along to get along.

I hope whom ever dogged him on this health care thing gets their azz handed to them.

No more Washington "deals" on anything regardless of party affiliation.

Old 03-25-2017, 07:00 PM

4,882 posts, read 5,016,642 times
What politician doesn't have such a list? From local to the President, they know who to call on, or not, when they need to rally support.

Old 03-25-2017, 07:22 PM

4,713 posts, read 3,474,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Before he ever took office, tRump invested a helluva lot of his energy into cultivating powerful enemies within his own party.

Now that he's sitting in the WH, he still hasn't figured out that allies are an advantage and enemies are an impediment. Just look at how he's worked at p*ssing off Britain, Germany, Australia, etc.

Meanwhile, his opponents in the GOP kicked him right in the nards yesterday.

And he hasn't learned a thing.

So, go ahead, tRump.

Keep up the "winning strategy."

It's so amusing.

LOL. That last picture. Hmmm, made me think of "The Pelican Brief"...

Old 03-25-2017, 09:21 PM

68,330 posts, read 54,411,082 times
WOW! I was disappointed I didn't make Nixon's enemies list, maybe I've still got a sjot!

Old 03-25-2017, 09:38 PM

5,738 posts, read 5,446,162 times
I'm sure they're all terrified

Old 03-25-2017, 09:55 PM

19,792 posts, read 13,954,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stburr91 View Post
I have my doubts about any article that uses unnamed sources, but I would expect anyone to take such a position. You need to know who is willing to work with you to get things done, and who is either dead weight, or is outright against you.
Unnamed sources? Oh, you mean Woodward and Bernstein shouldn't of written about Watergate until they got "Deep Throat's" real name?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies