Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-30-2017, 08:55 AM

18,172 posts, read 16,447,084 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by StanleysOwl View Post
Nailed it.
We agree on something??? See, miracles still happen.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2017, 09:09 AM

24,413 posts, read 27,043,098 times
College degrees are like high school diplomas now, graduating an undergrad program is as difficult as graduating from high school. Now if someone graduates from the engineering program from MIT, then that's a different story, but some easy major like political science from a generic college who is now working as a paralegal is a snooze fest. Don't get me wrong, he is on the right track in life, but paralegal is entry level, political science is like getting a degree in drama. It's just funny to me someone would actually brag about it and then compare themselves to a doctor... on the right track, but still have a long way to go before you can brag or feel intellectually superior hahaha.

Old 03-30-2017, 09:11 AM

5,267 posts, read 4,198,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WizardOfRadical View Post
No it's more like you trying to argue treatment for cancer, with a doctor.

"I don't care if you studied micro biology and just finished med school. I am a self taught conservative who reads Briebart and uses google, so I am an expert on this too"

This is what those of us with actual credentials and work experience think, when the lesser people try to talk about politics, government, and law. This is why you need people like us, the intelligencia, to spoon feed you through life. Otherwise you would be lost.

Sit down, don't speak, pay your taxes, consume products, and go to sleep. That is your role in society.
Gov Brown is that you????

Old 03-30-2017, 10:43 AM

5,267 posts, read 4,198,062 times
what's the IQ of these black clothes bandana wearing anarchists? All of them combined that went to pro Trump pro cop rally in HB must be under 100. I used to live in HB and they don't mess around there. Hell Main st in the 90's was a major meeting place for white supremacists. What did they think was going to happen? They're lucky there not in the hospital. Stupid idiots this is not a video game it's real life....

Old 03-30-2017, 11:16 AM

18,172 posts, read 16,447,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finper View Post
what's the IQ of these black clothes bandana wearing anarchists? All of them combined that went to pro Trump pro cop rally in HB must be under 100. I used to live in HB and they don't mess around there. Hell Main st in the 90's was a major meeting place for white supremacists. What did they think was going to happen? They're lucky there not in the hospital. Stupid idiots this is not a video game it's real life....
Last I checked a single figure for average was 99/ Now:

IQ is a number meant to measure people cognitive abilities (intelligence) in relation to their age group. An I.Q between 90 and 110 is considered average; over 120, superior. Roughly 68% of the population has an IQ between 85 and 115. The average range between 70 and 130, and represents about 95% of the population.

http://www.quizflare.com/flare/landi...892f44b069e7c4

Old 03-30-2017, 08:36 PM

3,814 posts, read 4,021,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw335xi View Post
You studied one of the easiest majors in a "college" and work as basically a secretary... and you are comparing yourself to a doctor!? I actually laughed out loud.

That was a good laugh! I've never heard of someone brag about being a paralegal in my entire life, which is basically a paper pusher for an attorney aka a secretary.

You sound like you must be 21 or 22, fresh out of college thinking you know a lot. Am I hot or cold? LOL
Uh, no. Paralegal is not the same thing as a secretary. But you have never worked in the legal field, so again, you do not know this. The district attorney has actual office assistants who do secretary work. The work we do, requires way more than that.

And I am still in college (law school), and in my 30's.

So yea, you are pretty much totally ice cold.

Again, reading Briebart does not make you an expert on politics, government, or law. You are a member of the masses. The sheep, who must be ruled by better men. And by better men, the founding fathers mean educated men, who come from affluent families.

Unless you have an MD, PHD, JD, or are working to get those degrees, you are not what is called a better man. You are just tax revenue and a consumer.

Old 03-30-2017, 08:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw335xi View Post
College degrees are like high school diplomas now, graduating an undergrad program is as difficult as graduating from high school. Now if someone graduates from the engineering program from MIT, then that's a different story, but some easy major like political science from a generic college who is now working as a paralegal is a snooze fest. Don't get me wrong, he is on the right track in life, but paralegal is entry level, political science is like getting a degree in drama. It's just funny to me someone would actually brag about it and then compare themselves to a doctor... on the right track, but still have a long way to go before you can brag or feel intellectually superior hahaha.
Working for the DA as a paralegal is not entry level. The DA has turned down LAWYERS who apply for that job.

I also go to a well reputed law school and scored in the top 75% when I took my LSAT.

The fact that you find this to be laughable, is exactly why you are living in fly over country, obsessed with California.

Unless you have an actual quantifiable value to society, you are not relevant. Being a salary slave at someone else's company does not make you have any value. Your job is to help someone else get rich. That is what is called serfdom.

The work I do, changes peoples' lives. And I am just getting started.

That's why people like me ask you, "who are your people, and what did they do?"

Old 03-30-2017, 08:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvSouthOC View Post
You need to learn some humility and further understand that getting an education, admirable though it may be, does not render you better than others. It merely opens doors for later learning.
Being educated does make you better. That is why, like most liberals, I find the republican war on education to be disturbing.

There is no way you can sit there with a straight face and deny that a more educated population is a better population.

Old 03-30-2017, 08:52 PM

24,413 posts, read 27,043,098 times
Quote:
Working for the DA as a paralegal is not entry level. The DA has turned down LAWYERS who apply for that job.

I also go to a well reputed law school and scored in the top 75% when I took my LSAT.

The fact that you find this to be laughable, is exactly why you are living in fly over country, obsessed with California.

Unless you have an actual quantifiable value to society, you are not relevant. Being a salary slave at someone else's company does not make you have any value. Your job is to help someone else get rich. That is what is called serfdom.

The work I do, changes peoples' lives. And I am just getting started.

That's why people like me ask you, "who are your people, and what did they do?"
ROFL

A paralegal is basically a lawyer's assistant.

Old 04-06-2017, 08:32 AM

50,478 posts, read 47,229,720 times
Quote:
Uh, no. Paralegal is not the same thing as a secretary. But you have never worked in the legal field, so again, you do not know this. The district attorney has actual office assistants who do secretary work. The work we do, requires way more than that.

And I am still in college (law school), and in my 30's.

So yea, you are pretty much totally ice cold.

Again, reading Briebart does not make you an expert on politics, government, or law. You are a member of the masses. The sheep, who must be ruled by better men. And by better men, the founding fathers mean educated men, who come from affluent families.

Unless you have an MD, PHD, JD, or are working to get those degrees, you are not what is called a better man. You are just tax revenue and a consumer.
You mean like Dianne Feinstein?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies