Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-01-2017, 09:56 PM

32,152 posts, read 15,143,911 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY_refugee87 View Post
It was affordable before ACA....
No deductible to be met.
Premiums weren't killer...
Many different insurance companies and policies to choose from.
Was optional to have... Not mandatory. Not a fine or taxable offense if you chose not to have it...

So why can't it go back to that?
I have never know any insurance company that didn't have a deductible to be met. Every company I have worked didn't have insurance options. My daughter had insurance options when she was a teacher. She was a union member though. But everyone needs insurance because you have no idea what is going to happen to you or your family tomorrow. My daughters friend who didn't have insurance because he is young and didn't think he needed it, had to have an emergency appendectomy. It cost over 30,000. Someone has to pay so who do you think picks up the cost for the uninsured. If everyone had insurance the cost would dramatically go down.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2017, 10:12 PM

5,222 posts, read 3,034,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
I have never know any insurance company that didn't have a deductible to be met. Every company I have worked didn't have insurance options. My daughter had insurance options when she was a teacher. She was a union member though. But everyone needs insurance because you have no idea what is going to happen to you or your family tomorrow. My daughters friend who didn't have insurance because he is young and didn't think he needed it, had to have an emergency appendectomy. It cost over 30,000. Someone has to pay so who do you think picks up the cost for the uninsured. If everyone had insurance the cost would dramatically go down.

What happens with people cant pay the monthly costs for it? My moms went from 500 a month, to 1100, to 1500. A lot of people cant afford that kind of stuff.

Old 04-01-2017, 10:16 PM

35,778 posts, read 21,152,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawk55732 View Post
What happens with people cant pay the monthly costs for it? My moms went from 500 a month, to 1100, to 1500. A lot of people cant afford that kind of stuff.
And that is the fault of greedy insurance companies who only think of high profits,,, not your health . The problem here is just greed and no regulations to control it.

Old 04-01-2017, 10:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
And that is the fault of greedy insurance companies who only think of high profits,,, not your health . The problem here is just greed and no regulations to control it.
So before Obama care, prices fine. After Obama care, prices were higher.

Yet it has nothing to do with Obama care.

Am I understanding that correctly?

Old 04-01-2017, 10:33 PM

Quote:
The ACA is not perfect by any means. Even democrats admit that. They wanted single payer. Republicans didn't. Ryan's bill to repeal and replace would hurt seniors and others. That's why many republicans wouldn't vote for it. The ACA has been in affect for years so let's just improve it. I have good health insurance so I have no idea how the health exchange works. Honestly, I would like congress to have the same insurance they want to impose on the rest of the country. It's easy to impose laws when it doesn't affect them because they have great insurance.

Old 04-01-2017, 10:33 PM

35,778 posts, read 21,152,282 times
Quote:
So before Obama care, prices fine. After Obama care, prices were higher.

Yet it has nothing to do with Obama care.

Am I understanding that correctly?
The hope was , more insured- paying premiums, ins go down. I do knot know why they did not, except --- the new million who got insured with ACA, were very sick, making them lose money. So in the end, only rich get insurance because they are healthier. The poor sick people can just die . The ins co does not want to lose a dime....

Old 04-01-2017, 10:35 PM

Quote:
The hope was , more insured- paying premiums, ins go down. I do knot know why they did not, except --- the new million who got insured with ACA, were very sick, making them lose money. So in the end, only rich get insurance because they are healthier. The poor sick people can just die . The ins co does not want to lose a dime....
So everyones insurance went up after OC, but it shouldn't have. And the reason it did go up is because of the insurance companies?

Old 04-01-2017, 10:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
The ACA is not perfect by any means. Even democrats admit that. They wanted single payer. Republicans didn't. Ryan's bill to repeal and replace would hurt seniors and others. That's why many republicans wouldn't vote for it. The ACA has been in affect for years so let's just improve it. I have good health insurance so I have no idea how the health exchange works. Honestly, I would like congress to have the same insurance they want to impose on the rest of the country. It's easy to impose laws when it doesn't affect them because they have great insurance.

Of course its not perfect. In fact for most people it sucks and costs much more per month.

Old 04-01-2017, 10:42 PM

34,132 posts, read 17,194,237 times
Quote:
. The ins co does not want to lose a dime....
Nor should they want to.

Old 04-01-2017, 10:54 PM

Quote:
Of course its not perfect. In fact for most people it sucks and costs much more per month.
2 million have healthcare they never had because of it. It sounds like your healthcare plan wasn't good to begin with. How much was your deductible. How much were your prescriptions. What would you pay going to the er. What does your current plan cover that your previous plan didn't. So many factors enter into this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies