Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2017, 04:35 PM

302 posts, read 183,278 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
I can think of around 9 trillion reasons I wasn't fond of him.
You are correct, Obama nearly doubled the national debt to $20 trillion.

Old 03-28-2017, 04:37 PM

35,770 posts, read 21,143,565 times
passive aggressive behaviour

Old 03-28-2017, 04:40 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,673,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
passive aggressive behaviour
That would definitely explain why a person might be proud of her country for the first time only after her husband is elected POTUS.

Old 03-28-2017, 04:42 PM

16,062 posts, read 26,784,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by case44 View Post
The former deceiver-in-chief certainly didn't disappoint. Basically, he ended up making a fool of himself to the point where he should be embarrassed. He set an example for the new Democrat Party and converted so many by brainwashing them. Followers have become a cult, and one that is very dangerous. Without question, plenty of reason for many, including myself, to dislike him.

I couldn't care less what color he is. He has absolutely no heart, and it certainly showed throughout his alleged "presidency".

Uh, not so fast, Lee Corso. Obama is certainly an apologist for Muslims, and that's if he hasn't converted already. He ought to prove that he isn't one. If he were a Christian, then he sure as heck did not practice what he was supposedly taught.
Do you know how ridiculous that sounds? The ignorant remark that Obama is a Muslim, but even further that he did not practice what he was taught. He showed compassion and understanding beyond anything that Trump has done.

Old 03-28-2017, 04:47 PM

10,400 posts, read 15,617,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G1.. View Post
He was a Black Democrat that won the presidency of the United States of America ,.....twice!How dare he!
Rep Plus 1....

Old 03-28-2017, 04:48 PM

41,109 posts, read 25,793,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by veuvegirl View Post
Do you know how ridiculous that sounds? The ignorant remark that Obama is a Muslim, but even further that he did not practice what he was taught. He showed compassion and understanding beyond anything that Trump has done.
So is that why Democrats lost over 1000 seats during the Obama presidency and with the promise that Hillary was Obama 2.0, Democrats lost the presidency... He only showed that he was a power grabber who wanted bigger government.

The tax payer can't afford Obama's America!

Old 03-28-2017, 04:58 PM

4,299 posts, read 2,817,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
All you libs whine about Trump being a liar when your idol, Obama, said this:

Lie of the Year: 'If you like your health care plan, you can keep it' | PolitiFact

Are you seriously posting that link when it only proves you're a selective reader?

We don't care about Trump being a liar. All politicians lie. Most people lie. It's what he does with those lies and bottom line is he never takes responsibility for anything. It may not bother you because you haven't experienced someone like that in your personal life but it's a big deal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
OP:

The fact that he was black was a big part of it. There are plenty of closeted racists out there. Also, the far right hates any kind of increase in government spending (e.g. healthcare) that might benefit poor people of a different race, religion, ethnicity, etc.

It's quite likely that's what it is but only a part of it as you said. He was also a Democrat but also largely because he is aloof. The most extreme of extroverts (which are usually Trump supporters) don't like people like Obama because they don't trust him. When you're an introvert you have to work harder. Unless you're the next Eleanor Roosevelt the people are likely to not accept you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NLVgal View Post
I just don't get the frothing at the mouth hatred some people had for him.
The disdain alone doesn't bother me personally. I know it doesn't bother Obama. He laughs it up. He knows he's successful and did his best. That's all that mattered to him when he was in office.
What bothers me is that they hate him so much that they'd vote in the man we have now (most likely that is what bothers Obama as well). So because Obama failed at some things that gives you a reason to elect the worst of the snake oil salesman? You had a plethora there and you chose Mr. "I peep in young girls dressing rooms and neglect my own daughter"

Last edited by Nickchick; 03-28-2017 at 05:10 PM..

Old 03-28-2017, 05:11 PM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,660,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by case44 View Post
The former deceiver-in-chief certainly didn't disappoint. Basically, he ended up making a fool of himself to the point where he should be embarrassed. He set an example for the new Democrat Party and converted so many by brainwashing them. Followers have become a cult, and one that is very dangerous. Without question, plenty of reason for many, including myself, to dislike him.

I couldn't care less what color he is. He has absolutely no heart, and it certainly showed throughout his alleged "presidency".

Uh, not so fast, Lee Corso. Obama is certainly an apologist for Muslims, and that's if he hasn't converted already. He ought to prove that he isn't one. If he were a Christian, then he sure as heck did not practice what he was supposedly taught.
Is this the "whomever smelt it dealt it" defense? Why couldn't he be an athiest or agnostic?

Old 03-28-2017, 05:12 PM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,660,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nelliebell View Post
How do you know he is not a Muslim? He had a Muslim father and step-father and spent his early youth in a Muslim country. He definitely identifies with the Muslim Religion.
No he doesn't

Old 03-28-2017, 05:15 PM

26,026 posts, read 22,219,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
Part of the fuel behind the Trump movement has been and continues to be the fact that conservatives believe they were marginalized and oppressed for eight years under Obama and are out for revenge. They don't care about the good of the country. All they care about is spiting the left and making the left feel the way they did under Obama.

My question is, what happened under Obama that angered conservatives to such a great extent? Was it the climage change policy? The rainbow White House after the gay marriage decision? The trangender bathroom policy? What did Obama did to warrant this kind of hatred and thirst for revenge?
So funny! Trump has been in office for a couple of months and look how angry you are.

You do realize that the biggest contribution to Trump's win had nothing to do with Obama and everything to do with Hillary as the nominee, right? You need to put the blame where it belongs, the Democratic Party. Start asking questions about that.

What "feelings" are you having? Obama didn't give me "feelings", I considered him a traitor. Got tired of him insulting our citizens and making us the doormat to the world as he wanted to be the "world leader", what a joke. I didn't care to have someone that had used hard drugs as POTUS either, or someone that thought America was an imperialist nation and should pay for their sins.

Ah, the liberal buzz word "Hatred". We didn't "hate", that is much more of a liberal trait. And revenge, no idea what you are talking about. You think not voting for the morally, mentally and physically incompetent Hillary Clinton was revenge on Obama? Oh, heck no! That was wisdom gained over years of knowing the Clintons for what they are.

I can see that you really have no idea what the issues were with Obama since all of what you listed are social issues that you actually seem to harp on constantly. It really is time to get over it. Clinton is defeated and Obama will soon be irrelevant as will be your constant rants about Trump, conservatives, Republicans, Christians, etc.

And, the bathroom issue and "feelings", never going anywhere, biological never changes. Give them an "OTHER" bathroom if they can't handle being with their OWN gender, but they can't peek that way!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies