Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-03-2017, 03:09 PM

11,904 posts, read 5,587,643 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FKD19124 View Post
so why is it considered normal then by the progressive left if "nature missed the mark?".
Sorry, I forgot to activate "sarcasm" mode.

Old 04-04-2017, 02:31 AM

16,278 posts, read 10,414,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakformonday View Post
Holy crap I had to watch that to the end, I could not believe what I was seeing. Gotta go find the Youtube so I can read the comments.

Old 04-04-2017, 08:14 AM

16,216 posts, read 11,335,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Butler15 View Post
I guess jrt1979's last sentence explains it all.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrt1979 View Post
I too work in sales and majored in marketing. Unfortunately, there are more bigots than homosexuals in this country.
Not everyone who's uncomfortable with flagrant, and sometimes non-traditional sexual expression in the media is a "bigot" -- any more than everyone who lives in a rural area is a "redneck".

It's difficult for those born after (roughly) 1975, or outside the deep South, to conceive of a time when you couldn't turn on a radio on a Sunday without encountering a religious broadcast. Or to understand that people who chose to live outside the "connubial mainstream" whether by choice or circumstance of birth, have always been with us. They simply kept a lower profile, and were often silently respected not only by their peers, but by those in the community who had enough restraint to honor the concept of "live and let live".

Out there on the street, the would-be theocrats have lost a huge amount of say over our daily lives; unfortunately, there are quite a few on the opposite side who would replace it with something every bit as dogmatic and authoritarian.

Those of you over there in your own Sexual Utopia have every right to live your personal lives as you see fit; you do not have a right to sit in judgement, stereotype everyone who sees things differently as a "bigot", and then attempt to silence those who dissent from the preconceived notions you seek to officially sanction.

Last edited by 2nd trick op; 04-04-2017 at 08:40 AM..

Old 04-04-2017, 08:39 AM

7,447 posts, read 2,833,471 times
Aw look at all the snowflakes that need a safe space so that they won't be offended by pixels on a tv screen.

Reminds me of Tom Cruise on Family Guy:

Old 04-04-2017, 08:49 AM

14,776 posts, read 8,109,336 times
With everything going on in the world - earthquakes, wars, famine, children being gassed and bombed, etc
I could care less about any commercial. Or where someone goes to pee.
And really you should spend more time conducting your own life, than worrying about what other people do with their lives- that is their business.
I hate Hardy's commercials. Hate them.All I can do is boycott Hardy's or call the station to complain. Or shrug it off.
I haven't called and complained...but I would never, never, ever buy their food - because I find their commercials offensive
(But I probably wouldn't eat their food to begin with - because it's....junk.)

Old 04-05-2017, 08:13 AM

11,904 posts, read 5,587,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2nd trick op View Post
Not everyone who's uncomfortable with flagrant, and sometimes non-traditional sexual expression in the media is a "bigot" -- any more than everyone who lives in a rural area is a "redneck".

It's difficult for those born after (roughly) 1975, or outside the deep South, to conceive of a time when you couldn't turn on a radio on a Sunday without encountering a religious broadcast. Or to understand that people who chose to live outside the "connubial mainstream" whether by choice or circumstance of birth, have always been with us. They simply kept a lower profile, and were often silently respected not only by their peers, but by those in the community who had enough restraint to honor the concept of "live and let live".

Out there on the street, the would-be theocrats have lost a huge amount of say over our daily lives; unfortunately, there are quite a few on the opposite side who would replace it with something every bit as dogmatic and authoritarian.

Those of you over there in your own Sexual Utopia have every right to live your personal lives as you see fit; you do not have a right to sit in judgement, stereotype everyone who sees things differently as a "bigot", and then attempt to silence those who dissent from the preconceived notions you seek to officially sanction.
Did you actually see the commercial? It was far from explicit.

If you find it offensive, you have the same recourse people have had since the invention of television: change the channel.

Old 04-05-2017, 08:54 AM

8,498 posts, read 4,561,677 times
Most sane rational people in Massachusetts could care less. They probably in fact did not even take notice of these bits in the commercial. I myself live in the state and was unaware of the commercial until I specifically watched it and looked for the images. It is much ado about nothing as there are far more important matters in life to be concerned with.

Old 04-05-2017, 11:36 AM

24,411 posts, read 23,070,474 times
I don't have a problem with it, although usually the commercials are pretty lame and doing that to just get attention from an otherwise weak presentation. Then you get the pretend complaints from alleged right wingers saying its awful when most of those complaining are left wingers in actuality trying to create divisiveness.
So the product gets lost in the shuffle most of the time and that's why its generally stupid to inject politics into ads. Let the product sell itself.

Old 04-05-2017, 12:58 PM

17,273 posts, read 9,560,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
I don't have a problem with it, although usually the commercials are pretty lame and doing that to just get attention from an otherwise weak presentation. Then you get the pretend complaints from alleged right wingers saying its awful when most of those complaining are left wingers in actuality trying to create divisiveness.
So the product gets lost in the shuffle most of the time and that's why its generally stupid to inject politics into ads. Let the product sell itself.
Ah, so fordtrucks is actually a liberal. Got it.

Old 04-05-2017, 01:04 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,610,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrt1979 View Post
^ emotion>logic

It's been proven that these types of commercials are bad for business from a marketing stance.
This is why only really large organization that can take the hit to do them. While I applaud their courage for the social progress, it still doesn't change the fact that it's bad business. For this reason, I tend to both smile and cringe when I see these commercials

None of this will make any sense at all to you because.................. emotion>logic
People like you see the world how they want it to be instead of how it actually is.

This post will come off as anti-something to you because that's what you'll want it to be. Keep fighting the good fight sister!

I'd really like to know the sources for the comment I've bolded above.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies