Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-03-2017, 05:10 PM

9,837 posts, read 4,661,005 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
Anti-Trumpers and their one-dimensional thinking... there is a reason they lose so easily...

I know the hard right dreams of Trump playing multidimensional chess, But that is fantasy .
In the real world Trump is playing Checkers while our trade partners play Go.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2017, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nor Cal Wahine View Post
I wonder how many idiots would rather see America fail so they could say they were right all along rather than see America begin to thrive again and admit that they were wrong.
I know what I want. I want Trump to step back from trade, bring in some skilled people and kick Peter Navarro to the curb.

Old 04-03-2017, 05:24 PM

12,275 posts, read 7,178,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaliveinGreenville View Post
Amazing! Isn't he? Trump 2020 and 2024!!!
Isn't this...a bad thing? That means less money flowing into the country, and fewer jobs in US manufacturing/agriculture due to the lower demand.

Old 04-03-2017, 05:45 PM

9,226 posts, read 13,333,528 times
Default Good !!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilcart View Post
Trumps has upended international trade.

Good !!!

The United States had a half a trillion dollar trade deficit in 2016.

That is half a trillion dollars that could have stayed in our country, creating jobs, creating wealth for our small businesses, money for kids to go to college, money for people to buy homes, and yes - money to supply tax revenue to all levels of government. Think about all that! Think about all that tax money being lost to overseas that could have been spent on schools or bridges or roads etc.

https://www.census.gov/foreign-trade...ts/annual.html

Btw, if Mexico wants to deal with China instead of the United States, then Mexico will loose.

Old 04-03-2017, 06:43 PM

16,955 posts, read 16,819,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohhwanderlust View Post
Isn't this...a bad thing? That means less money flowing into the country, and fewer jobs in US manufacturing/agriculture due to the lower demand.
Everything is going to be just fine. Everything Trump touches turns to Gold! He keeps all his promises. He is always ON TOP of things so give him a chance to bring/and keep even MORE jobs in America!

Old 04-03-2017, 06:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LINative View Post
Good !!!

The United States had a half a trillion dollar trade deficit in 2016.

That is half a trillion dollars that could have stayed in our country, creating jobs, creating wealth for our small businesses, money for kids to go to college, money for people to buy homes, and yes - money to supply tax revenue to all levels of government. Think about all that! Think about all that tax money being lost to overseas that could have been spent on schools or bridges or roads etc.

https://www.census.gov/foreign-trade...ts/annual.html

Btw, if Mexico wants to deal with China instead of the United States, then Mexico will loose.
I find it very hard to respond to this sort of comment without being rude.

there are great books, and articles discussing this.
I would strongly suggest starting with learning about comparative VS competitive advantage.

It is a huge injustice to the citizens of the USA that this is not taught in most schools. everyone should truly grok this concept. I really mean it. If you understand it fully suddenly you understand exactly why it often makes sense to just fish and let someone else carry your water. (no social connotation intended i literally mean carry a coconut of water.. )

Old 04-03-2017, 07:05 PM

9,226 posts, read 13,333,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilcart View Post
I find it very hard to respond to this sort of comment without being rude.

there are great books, and articles discussing this.
I would strongly suggest starting with learning about comparative VS competitive advantage.

It is a huge injustice to the citizens of the USA that this is not taught in most schools. everyone should truly grok this concept. I really mean it. If you understand it fully suddenly you understand exactly why it often makes sense to just fish and let someone else carry your water. (no social connotation intended i literally mean carry a coconut of water.. )
Fact are facts. The United States had a half trillion dollar trade deficit last year. No amount of spin and trying to pretend it is good for the country is going to change that.

And I know both Macro and Micro, what good is all those theories when we are dealing with mercantilist countries that have devalued currencies, dump products and have hidden trade barriers? We are dealing with countries that want to BOTH fish and carry the water as you say.

I strongly suggest you stop listening to the establishment propaganda and start thinking for yourself.

Old 04-03-2017, 07:15 PM

3,992 posts, read 2,473,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaliveinGreenville View Post
Everything is going to be just fine. Everything Trump touches turns to Gold! He keeps all his promises. He is always ON TOP of things so give him a chance to bring/and keep even MORE jobs in America!
I honestly can't te if you're serious and need help or if this is brilliant satire

Old 04-03-2017, 07:17 PM

12,566 posts, read 10,659,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metsfan53 View Post
I honestly can't te if you're serious and need help or if this is brilliant satire
I will go with the latter.

Old 04-03-2017, 07:17 PM

3,992 posts, read 2,473,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nor Cal Wahine View Post
I wonder how many idiots would rather see America fail so they could say they were right all along rather than see America begin to thrive again and admit that they were wrong.
Here's the thing, he path your idol is leading us on is straight to turdsville. Those of us with a brain know this and are greatly dismayed at seeing the standing and influence of the US wane so much in under 3 months.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies