Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-03-2017, 07:19 PM

35,769 posts, read 21,126,227 times

Advertisements

Don't try to explain facts and economics on here,,, the trumpetes are obtuse thinkers and only will follow their masters voice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2017, 07:42 PM

8,061 posts, read 4,896,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonym9428 View Post
I'm hoping the US economy crashes....and then I'm going to laugh at TRUMPIE supporters.

PS: drip, drip, drip... https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com...roval-ratings/
Pretty dim view and downright Un-America.

Just hen Obama was in his first term not many approved of his policies.

Old 04-03-2017, 07:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
Don't try to explain facts and economics on here,,, the trumpetes are obtuse thinkers and only will follow their masters voice.
Americans are looking for change and Obama's policies did not get any where and we have been looking pretty bas with our partners in the World.

Trump will balance out these policies so Americans come first. We are all ready seeing a impact on jobs and growth.

Old 04-03-2017, 07:48 PM

6,193 posts, read 5,375,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonym9428 View Post
I'm hoping the US economy crashes....and then I'm going to laugh at TRUMPIE supporters.
At least our mortgages are paid and we won't have live on what democrats hand out to their constituents.

Old 04-03-2017, 07:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrench409 View Post
At least our mortgages are paid and we won't have live on what democrats hand out to their constituents.
Tat policy will doom America. Look at what Hand did during Obama. Made people dependent on Gov., which the Demrats what to do. Then take you rights away and re write the Constitution.

Old 04-03-2017, 08:04 PM

25,574 posts, read 56,542,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
America, land of the brave and free. If you don't like it, the door is open. Otherwise, get ready to enjoy some independence with your prosperity. You can thank Mr Trump later.
More like a very long and painful recession. Get ready.

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilcart View Post
I find it very hard to respond to this sort of comment without being rude.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
The ignorant have elected the ignoramus. Unfortunately, the entire country will pay the disastrous price for this stupidity. Far worse, far worse than can be imagined.

Who knew these fools would be so grossly incompetent? I expected bad, but not this bad so soon.

The future bodes calamitous ill for the US.

Old 04-03-2017, 08:11 PM

9,837 posts, read 4,648,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LINative View Post
Fact are facts. The United States had a half trillion dollar trade deficit last year. No amount of spin and trying to pretend it is good for the country is going to change that.

And I know both Macro and Micro, what good is all those theories when we are dealing with mercantilist countries that have devalued currencies, dump products and have hidden trade barriers? We are dealing with countries that want to BOTH fish and carry the water as you say.

I strongly suggest you stop listening to the establishment propaganda and start thinking for yourself.
dude, i was pretty polite, your argument is simplistic and patently wrong. You won't see why until you take a few minutes to understand exactly what comparative advantage actually means.

This has absolutely nothing to do with left or right and everything to do with understanding the discussion before jumping in and shouting.

rather than argue with you i suggested you spend five minutes just learning something.

comparative advantages and competitive advantages; they are NOT the same thing, and when you see the difference you begin to understand why your isolationist policy, trade barriers etc lead nations into long term decline.

like many people you are likely conflating your localized economy with the economy of a nation. You might well fare better in a trade war for a short time. But your children would need to learn how to thank their masters in dozens of languages because we would quickly become the world's female dog..

Doubt it?

do you?

try telling that to every nation in history that closed its doors or put up walls. Even with the massive scale of china they FAILED only because they believed the rest of the world did not matter. they were advanced far beyond us, but they lacked the competition that drives innovation.

i could explain this to you for days, but until you take the time to educate yourself you will continue to believe you are right.
As i said earlier, this is important and every student should learn it, just as every student should be taught much more about other finances too.

For some reason you seem to think that our trade imbalance is a result of trade agreements, and while that might well be true, the correlation is in no way proof. Perhaps the trade imbalance reflects our failure in the market. Have you actually considered that possibility? or are we the "perfect" competitor and all fault lies in the contracts drawn and signed?

Old 04-03-2017, 08:14 PM

19,792 posts, read 13,974,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GHOSTRIDER AZ View Post
Americans are looking for change and Obama's policies did not get any where (sic) and we have been looking pretty bas (sic) with our partners in the World.

Trump will balance out these policies so Americans come first. We are all ready seeing a impact on jobs and growth.
Where do you get that nonsense? Obama policies reversed the severe economic drop and our partners had a high view of Obama.

Trump inherited the fruit of Obama's economy and besides slogans and platitudes has not outlined a single policy on jobs. You said, "we are seeing an impact on jobs." The last jobs report was February, which Trump had no impact, since he wasn't there long enough to have any effect. What we see are reasonably good job numbers that mimic the last two previous February numbers:

February 2015 + 295,000
February 2016 + 242,000
February 2017 + 235,000

Old 04-03-2017, 08:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
Where do you get that nonsense? Obama policies reversed the severe economic drop and our partners had a high view of Obama.

Trump inherited the fruit of Obama's economy and besides slogans and platitudes has not outlined a single policy on jobs. You said, "we are seeing an impact on jobs." The last jobs report was February, which Trump had no impact, since he wasn't there long enough to have any effect. What we see are reasonably good job numbers that mimic the last two previous February numbers:

February 2015 + 295,000
February 2016 + 242,000
February 2017 + 235,000
However wit tax reform and less regulation has motivated business to stay and expand!

Old 04-03-2017, 08:21 PM

9,837 posts, read 4,648,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GHOSTRIDER AZ View Post
However wit tax reform and less regulation has motivated business to stay and expand!
EPa allowing mass dumping, and pesticides, say goodbye to the millions of tonnes of Pork shipped to china.

Are you getting it?

Those regs you make fun of are the same ones that ensure our Pork gets premium pricing. those FEC regs and FTC regs mean that hundreds of billions of dollars flor directly to our shores.

But i get it, shouting regulations plays well, and getting rid of two banking regs and replacing with one will surely protect us from another melt down...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies