Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2017, 12:04 PM

5,722 posts, read 5,802,860 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
[/b]

No,and that is the reason the divorce rates are so high now. Women should pick a mate based on if the man can provide! I learned a lot from the Asian nurses at my job. They see things the opposite way.

You marry a man that can provide you with the lifestyle you want,even if you do not love him,and as time goes on and you see he is great provider you WILL grow to love him.

I made a thread on it-Marriage is a business partnership! Love is for Disney movies,you do NOT pick a mate because you "love" them.

Love does not pay bills. You will eventually fall out of love if a man is not providing like he is supposed to.
Wow I disagree with that mentality it's ridiculous anyway as far as the US goes. I would hope I never meet a woman that thinks this way. One of the things I'll agree with feminists on is in general they taught women that they shouldn't be a slave to a man and she should be her own person, and pursue her dreams. The divorce rate was only lower back in the 1920's because women were forced to rely on a man she had to stay with him even if she was miserable.

In the cultures these women you work with are referring to they consider providing to be the bare bones basic things such as food and shelter, not a 50k luxury SUV and an expensive house.

I would tell them I hope they realize in the US now in something like 35 percent or more of households the woman makes more than the man and I believe it's growing every year. I wager eventually it will be around 40 percent almost.

Last edited by wanderlust76; 04-14-2017 at 12:12 PM..

Old 04-14-2017, 02:22 PM

209 posts, read 220,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
I personally believe in hypergamy. It is what I strive for in my own relationships and it was taught to me by the elder men and women in my life. Its not about "the money" but I want to be cared for and in turn I will take care of my man.

Yes, I can take care of myself and I do well financially but I am a traditionalist do not want a marriage in which I am the breadwinner or required to contribute a large portion to the household income after I have children. What I have found interesting is that I have NEVER received a pushback from white or Hispanic guys when I talk about being a traditional woman but black guys tend to have a problem with it. But my (black) father believed that it was his duty to be the breadwinner and my mother worked only if she wanted to do so. He valued the beautiful home that she kept and that she took care of her looks. That may sound shallow to some but they were married for over 40 years.
The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. Many Black women have married or dated down, and it usually doesn't work. Yet time and time again, black women are told that it's best to just forget about the man's standing. If he loves you, everything will magically fall into place. In the real world, everything does not fall into place, unless you make it happen.

Even though I earn a six figure income, I won't entertain a relationship with a man who doesn't have what I have or more. Many black women are afraid of being single, but guess what, being single is far better than being in an unfulfilled relationship that keeps one mentally and physically depleted and drained.

My standard of living is very important to me. And equally important is the realization that to truly compete in this global world and provide ample opportunities to one's children--resources are needed.

Old 04-14-2017, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderlust76 View Post
Wow I disagree with that mentality it's ridiculous anyway as far as the US goes. I would hope I never meet a woman that thinks this way. One of the things I'll agree with feminists on is in general they taught women that they shouldn't be a slave to a man and she should be her own person, and pursue her dreams. The divorce rate was only lower back in the 1920's because women were forced to rely on a man she had to stay with him even if she was miserable.

In the cultures these women you work with are referring to they consider providing to be the bare bones basic things such as food and shelter, not a 50k luxury SUV and an expensive house.

I would tell them I hope they realize in the US now in something like 35 percent or more of households the woman makes more than the man and I believe it's growing every year. I wager eventually it will be around 40 percent almost.
Jersey is correct. Asian American women practice hypergamy and tend to on average have a relatively high standard of living.

Old 04-14-2017, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racks View Post

Black men always want to talk, negotiate and try to police and dominate us and our choices instead of strategizing and building with other black men so they can compete with the white man they so desperately want to emulate. The so-called "good black man" needs to focus on banding together with men instead of trying to bring black women back into the fold. They want the white man's status, his power, his money, and his woman but do nothing necessary to establish themselves as men in a patriarchal society. Just talk or complain about racism.
If only we could create a t-shirt with the bolded words and disperse it to EVERY Black woman in America!

Old 04-14-2017, 03:06 PM

12,964 posts, read 13,684,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
African-Americans would have nothing without whites, nothing. The cities and areas you control are sewers and often resemble 3rd world conditions. In fact African-Americans have a higher homicide rate than many if not most African countries.

That's a major problem with the cultural mindset of African-Americans you think money equals good, so you'll do anything to get it.
So, you will admit that the African American has something? Perhaps that is why you despise them. You traded your women, children, brave young men, gold and diamonds to the European for what? To be colonized in your own country? To have your armies defeated? For haughty pride? As we speak the western world is still turning ancient kingdoms into third world battlefields while depleting their riches. It is because you made so easy many generations ago. History can't be written without acknowledging that the African American was the only one to get something for his troubles from the European.

Last edited by thriftylefty; 04-14-2017 at 03:57 PM..

Old 04-14-2017, 03:30 PM

3,071 posts, read 3,226,797 times
I am officially checking myself out of this thread. What I intended to be a discussion towards change has just turned into another place for generalizing . I am so disappointed.

Old 04-15-2017, 09:50 AM

5,722 posts, read 5,802,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Water4Life View Post
The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. Many Black women have married or dated down, and it usually doesn't work. Yet time and time again, black women are told that it's best to just forget about the man's standing. If he loves you, everything will magically fall into place. In the real world, everything does not fall into place, unless you make it happen.

Even though I earn a six figure income, I won't entertain a relationship with a man who doesn't have what I have or more. Many black women are afraid of being single, but guess what, being single is far better than being in an unfulfilled relationship that keeps one mentally and physically depleted and drained.

My standard of living is very important to me. And equally important is the realization that to truly compete in this global world and provide ample opportunities to one's children--resources are needed.
Sorry but this is extremely shallow if you're a woman that wants to find a good man you shouldn't be putting that big of a limitation on it. The reality is the vast majority of men don't make that much. I don't have time right now I'm getting ready for a vacation trip but when I do I'll post the statistics.

but as I've said on this subject before this is nothing new men are increasingly being criticized for not being good enough just because they aren't well off and I see a growing movement that I never saw even 10 years ago where a lot of men are starting to get fed up with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Water4Life View Post
Jersey is correct. Asian American women practice hypergamy and tend to on average have a relatively high standard of living.
In the context of a hospital they are American women with professional degrees most likely..their ethnicity has nothing to do with it.

Last edited by wanderlust76; 04-15-2017 at 10:04 AM..

Old 04-15-2017, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderlust76 View Post
Sorry but this is extremely shallow if you're a woman that wants to find a good man you shouldn't be putting that big of a limitation on it. The reality is the vast majority of men don't make that much. I don't have time right now I'm getting ready for a vacation trip but when I do I'll post the statistics.

but as I've said on this subject before this is nothing new men are increasingly being criticized for not being good enough just because they aren't well off and I see a growing movement that I never saw even 10 years ago where a lot of men are starting to get fed up with it.
The majority of educated men who work for corporations and/or have their own businesses, make six figure +++ incomes. It is not shallow to want your partner to have the same or more than what you have. It's called being intelligent and looking out for your own (and future children's best interests).

Quote:
They are American women with advanced professional degrees most likely..their ethnicity has nothing to do with it.
Yes, and I have an advanced degree, as do a number of black women, therefore, I encourage black women to do the same as other women with advanced degrees. Why do you have a problem with this?

Last edited by Water4Life; 04-15-2017 at 10:15 AM..

Old 04-15-2017, 10:54 AM

18,630 posts, read 19,427,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thriftylefty View Post
So, you will admit that the African American has something? Perhaps that is why you despise them. You traded your women, children, brave young men, gold and diamonds to the European for what? To be colonized in your own country? To have your armies defeated? For haughty pride? As we speak the western world is still turning ancient kingdoms into third world battlefields while depleting their riches. It is because you made so easy many generations ago. History can't be written without acknowledging that the African American was the only one to get something for his troubles from the European.
We traded away the losers and got stuff we wanted in return.

Old 04-16-2017, 04:58 PM

5,342 posts, read 4,431,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pandorafan5687 View Post
I really tried but this wasn't the outcome I was looking for. I'm starting to give up hope.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pandorafan5687 View Post
I am officially checking myself out of this thread. What I intended to be a discussion towards change has just turned into another place for generalizing . I am so disappointed.
What he said.

CLOSED
Frequently Asked Questions
Do NOT reply to moderator posts that are in RED.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies