Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2017, 07:08 PM

29,624 posts, read 16,607,956 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
If not the reason I proposed, please share why you think the Dems have lost virtually every political position above the municipal level over the last 6 years: The WH, the Congress, the majority of State Houses, and the majority of Governorships.
As he said, the Dems actually gained seats in the House and senate in 2016. Your argument doesnt make sense, or at least it is too simplistic.

You guys talk like losing a state or district means no one voted for the Dem there at all, when in reality a lot of these races and states are within a couple of percentage points and as low as a couple hundred votes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2017, 07:13 PM

4,491 posts, read 2,231,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
Even MSNBC Slams SNL Attack on Trump Voters and Red America

Making fun of all the "hicks' who voted for Trump. LOL, keep it up and see more Dems lose in the next election. They don't have a clue on why they lost.
1) I don't trust sources that describe political matters as "slamming." It's not wrestling. Sources that don't speak on political matters in a dignified manner are not deserving of respect.

2) SNL is a sketch comedy show. They also make fun of Clinton and Clinton votes. Maybe they do one more than the other, but what do you expect? They're in New York? If you can't take a joke, its' because you're unintelligent. I've also seen sketches where they very much show some sympathy for Trump voters. There was a "Black Jeopardy" sketch where the black contestants and the Trump voter were agreeing on things that people of lower incomes tend to universally face. Do the off brand Breitbarts (or even actual Breitbart) ever speak of those? No. Becasue it doesn't fit the moronic, dishonest narrative of a some crazy left wing conspiracy where all celebrities and media talking heads have been brainwashed into some kind of hive mind.

Old 04-13-2017, 07:23 PM

14,489 posts, read 6,117,665 times
The fact the Dems still are in the "attack Trump
Voters" phase show thy are guaranteed to lose in 2020. No way are they going to heal in just four yesrs

Old 04-13-2017, 07:55 PM

40,974 posts, read 49,295,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
Democrats: welfare collecting moms with 5 kids from 4 fathers, illegal immigrants, etc.
Dems seem to overlook this is their base. They really should not throw stones when the average IQ of a Dem is probably below 95.

Like OBama they seem to think they are the smartest person in the room. Educated idiots with little common sense.

Old 04-13-2017, 08:03 PM

34,115 posts, read 17,177,703 times
Scarborough is spot on.

DNC still doesn't understand Middle America is not coming to them, and w/o Rust Belt, Dems have no path to 270.

Old 04-13-2017, 08:08 PM

20,550 posts, read 17,764,705 times
Who cares about SNL, it's a comedy show. I haven't watched the show in it's entirely since the 2000s. They've been irrelevant for me and most young people today never ever tuned to the show even for clips. Political comedy is not interesting to young folks today and the reason the Bernie doesn't get real support because those kids support him but doesn't support him when it's time to vote.

Old 04-13-2017, 08:08 PM

13,240 posts, read 4,943,244 times
Quote:
If not the reason I proposed, please share why you think the Dems have lost virtually every political position above the municipal level over the last 6 years: The WH, the Congress, the majority of State Houses, and the majority of Governorships.
I don't agree with the reasons given. It's not so much that one party has had a dismissive attitude towards a certain segment of the Country rather that one faction, in particular, has supported a strong resurgence of the failed trickle-down economic theories of the past 3 or 4 decades. Why folks believe they'll work now after failing for 30-40 years continues to baffle.

Old 04-13-2017, 08:12 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,299,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skepticratic View Post
1) I don't trust sources that describe political matters as "slamming." It's not wrestling. Sources that don't speak on political matters in a dignified manner are not deserving of respect.

2) SNL is a sketch comedy show. They also make fun of Clinton and Clinton votes. Maybe they do one more than the other, but what do you expect? They're in New York? If you can't take a joke, its' because you're unintelligent. I've also seen sketches where they very much show some sympathy for Trump voters. There was a "Black Jeopardy" sketch where the black contestants and the Trump voter were agreeing on things that people of lower incomes tend to universally face. Do the off brand Breitbarts (or even actual Breitbart) ever speak of those? No. Becasue it doesn't fit the moronic, dishonest narrative of a some crazy left wing conspiracy where all celebrities and media talking heads have been brainwashed into some kind of hive mind.
What this is really about is not MSNBC talking about SNL.

It is Joe Scarborough talking about SNL. Scarborough (a conservative and Trump pal) is extremely sensitive about how Trump voters are perceived because his FL panhandle relatives are Trump supporters.

He also has a chip on his shoulder about 'elitists' even though he hangs with them and he is sleeping with one.

So this is pretty much a thread fail.

Old 04-13-2017, 08:13 PM

9,837 posts, read 4,649,829 times
Quote:
well now, i am sure you know well the dems GAINED seats in congress...2016 it is not up for debate, it is just a fact.

and of course we control most of the high pop cities and states.... i know you guys like to bang on about the number of states, but those lines dont speak to wide spread support unless you mean geography.

and why we lost repeatedly. there are a lot of reasons, but being handed completely fecked nation that Bush brought to its knees meant we were the ones blamed. You know it is factual, not opinion. Bush handed off the nation in an economic crisis the likes of which the USA had not seen in our lifetimes. That is why the working classes turned on Obama and the Dems, they blamed the guy who was fixing the error not the fools who made it.

there is more but time is pressing me..

Old 04-13-2017, 08:17 PM

9,837 posts, read 4,649,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pennyone View Post
Actually, I thought the sketch was pretty accurate.....and yes, the dems lose because there are far more dumb people than educated people. It's a major limit of democracy when people, no matter the level of education, get to vote. It's a mob rule situation as the uneducated are easily persuaded by catchy phrases and simple messages like the kind that trump is really good at giving.
Dumb people are always a problem in life and it is compounded by so many of them not knowing just how dumb they really are. yet I often wonder what it is like to be at the extreme high end of IQ. Daily interactions must be very taxing indeed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies