Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2017, 08:19 PM

5,913 posts, read 3,187,608 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
Even MSNBC Slams SNL Attack on Trump Voters and Red America

Making fun of all the "hicks' who voted for Trump. LOL, keep it up and see more Dems lose in the next election. They don't have a clue on why they lost.
Thanks for letting me know about the skit. I wouldn't of watched it but for your post. Accurate and funny. Spot on... Okay, sad too. You keep voting against your own interests if it makes you happy to stick it to the 'Liberals' but try to understand that you are only hurting yourself and your fellow hick more than you are hurting the elite liberals and economic powerhouse coastal regions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2017, 08:28 PM

78,433 posts, read 60,628,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
Ok. I did chuckle a few times.

The real point of that was that he can let his die-hard supporters down in every way and they'll still keep right on supporting him while he gives not one damn about their struggles.
Are we talking about Trump with blue collar whites or Obama with black voters?

I can only imagine how well a skit would go over with poorly educated blacks with their pants below their butt cheeks talking about supporting Obama instead of some white guy with a nascar hat wearing a wife beater missing a bunch of teeth talking about trump.

At some point, it crosses over into ugly divisive stereotypes.

Old 04-13-2017, 08:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
As he said, the Dems actually gained seats in the House and senate in 2016. Your argument doesnt make sense, or at least it is too simplistic.

You guys talk like losing a state or district means no one voted for the Dem there at all, when in reality a lot of these races and states are within a couple of percentage points and as low as a couple hundred votes.
Democrats will certainly recover, such is the cycle of American politics. Heck, I consoled my democratic relative in 2004 saying it would turn around, this will change too.

However, they do need to get smarter and target Trump instead of calling voters stupid. Even if you're right and they have been stupid, telling them that is well um....stupid. Heck, I didn't even vote for Trump but I've been annoyed at the broad racial, socio-economic and gender attacks stemming from the defeat.

I know that some people live in an environment where bashing someone for being white, male etc. is acceptable but wow you're flushing away the Senate pretty much permanently with that crap.

Old 04-13-2017, 09:24 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,270,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Dems seem to overlook this is their base. They really should not throw stones when the average IQ of a Dem is probably below 95.

Like OBama they seem to think they are the smartest person in the room. Educated idiots with little common sense.
Anyone with the slightest bit of intelligence KNOWS they are not always the smartest person in the room.

Which pretty much illustrates my point about Trump. He thinks he is the smartest. The handsomest. The best in every way.

He lacks any sense of humility whatsoever.

So, supporting him while criticizing ANYONE else for what you perceive as that same trait is rather amusing.

Old 04-13-2017, 09:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Are we talking about Trump with blue collar whites or Obama with black voters?

I can only imagine how well a skit would go over with poorly educated blacks with their pants below their butt cheeks talking about supporting Obama instead of some white guy with a nascar hat wearing a wife beater missing a bunch of teeth talking about trump.

At some point, it crosses over into ugly divisive stereotypes.
Ummm. No. That would be racist.

I'm white and I live in a state that went for Trump.

I'm not insulted by that skit. I didn't vote for that dumbass.

Old 04-13-2017, 09:49 PM

7,788 posts, read 8,032,105 times
Thank GOD Trump voters are smarter than you!!!

Old 04-13-2017, 09:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by parfleche View Post
Thank GOD Trump voters are smarter than you!!!
Not sure exactly who you are addressing, but why would smart people vote for an idiot?

Old 04-13-2017, 10:02 PM

7,788 posts, read 8,032,105 times
The American people did vote and the election is over.call us smart if you win or idiots if we win.The American people run this Country not you.

Old 04-13-2017, 10:11 PM

Quote:
Ummm. No. That would be racist.

I'm white and I live in a state that went for Trump.

I'm not insulted by that skit. I didn't vote for that dumbass.
Which one would be racist? Because frankly they both are and if you can't see that please join me in 2017 where racial, socio-economic and gender stereotypes are wrong regardless of pigmentation etc.

Seems like you're politically rationalizing such actions because "hey, I'm only 2 of the 3."

I didn't vote for him either, I just recognize the danger of rationalizing such views. You're completely surrendering any moral high-ground on the topic.

Civil Rights are EVERYONE's rights. WTH....

Old 04-13-2017, 10:13 PM

7,713 posts, read 4,750,449 times
Quote:
Ok. I did chuckle a few times.

The real point of that was that he can let his die-hard supporters down in every way and they'll still keep right on supporting him while he gives not one damn about their struggles.
Correct. This is in stark contrast to all those Democrats who bailed on Obama & took to the streets demanding he step down after he continued the wars in Iraq & Afghanistan, launched new ones one Libya & Syria, launched 2800 attacks on foreign countries without consulting congress, secretly spied on us all, extended the Patriot Act, raided legal medical marijuana facilities, locked up whistle-blowers at never before seen rates, secretly sold guns to the Mexican drug cartels, handed out the most new off shore drilling contracts to Exxon & BP since Reagan, fracked the land like no one in history & deported 2.8 million undocumented aliens. Now that was integrity.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies