Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2017, 03:56 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,517,565 times

Advertisements

Even MSNBC Slams SNL Attack on Trump Voters and Red America

Making fun of all the "hicks' who voted for Trump. LOL, keep it up and see more Dems lose in the next election. They don't have a clue on why they lost.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2017, 04:28 PM

2,365 posts, read 2,840,967 times
First time in years I felt like actually boycotting any news channel, tv show or awards show. No longer following the tv news channels or satirical shows like saturday night live. They are bullies & need to be boycotted permanently. I was a big fan of award shows as well but gave them up because of the ignorant, snobbish, hateful celebrity rants. I hope all these bullies lose huge money in poor ratings because they alienated their viewers.

Old 04-13-2017, 04:35 PM

5,900 posts, read 3,903,028 times
It sucks to be a Trump voter. People genuinely believed he was an agent of change. Instead, he fills up his cabinet with more establishment neocons and Goldman Sachs execs than Obama could have ever dreamed of.

Old 04-13-2017, 04:37 PM

15,638 posts, read 10,396,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post

Making fun of all the "hicks' who voted for Trump. LOL, keep it up and see more Dems lose in the next election. They don't have a clue on why they lost.
The media TV shows, the West and East coast Prog Dem leaders Pelosi and Schumer, and the Press are free to make fun of middle America, in my opinion. Their humor doesn't bother me. Free speech.

The Progressives have steadily lost political power since 2010 because of their dismissive attitude towards the rest of the country. The more the Progs have told the rest of the country how they feel, the more numbers of Americans have voted against them and the more power Dems have lost.

Let's all hope Progs keep up their denigrating rhetoric against us "hicks" and don't learn from their stupidity. Their arrogant and divisive speech is one of the major keys to keeping Republicans in political power, in my opinion.

Old 04-13-2017, 05:10 PM

9,837 posts, read 4,639,515 times
ham fisted, attempt to make fun of Trump. I think they were trying to portray Trump's rustbelt supporters who are sticking with him and trusting him...

But it came out super weak, unfunny because it does not reflect life, it does not reflect a truly identifiable group.

I thought it was a very bad sketch and to me it is exactly why nobody watches the show.

They did a great job on OReilly Trump, that was funny and O'Reilly was spot on..

But the "hicks" one, is exactly what has been wrong with SNL for decades. JUST NOT FUNNY. forget the insult, it is comedy that is exactly what comedy is. I am sure someone with a better understanding of comedic terminology could put it much better, but it was just not funny and they should have thrown it in the trash

Old 04-13-2017, 05:12 PM

9,837 posts, read 4,639,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
The media TV shows, the West and East coast Prog Dem leaders Pelosi and Schumer, and the Press are free to make fun of middle America, in my opinion. Their humor doesn't bother me. Free speech.

The Progressives have steadily lost political power since 2010 because of their dismissive attitude towards the rest of the country. The more the Progs have told the rest of the country how they feel, the more numbers of Americans have voted against them and the more power Dems have lost.

Let's all hope Progs keep up their denigrating rhetoric against us "hicks" and don't learn from their stupidity. Their arrogant and divisive speech is one of the major keys to keeping Republicans in political power, in my opinion.
That is not why the dems lost again. surprised so many Rs still push that tired old chestnut, the reason was forecast in 2008. in 2000 etc...it is very very well known.

also worth noting despite the noise here the Dems GAINED SEATs in 2016. I get that the media keeps you thinking we lost ground, but we gained a lot. The loss was the WH by a tiny fraction of votes that let trump slip through. both houses we narrowed the gap.

Old 04-13-2017, 05:18 PM

3,637 posts, read 1,699,822 times
SNL doesn't even need writers any more.......the Trump crew is funny all on it's own !

Old 04-13-2017, 05:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilcart View Post
That is not why the dems lost again. [snip].
If not the reason I proposed, please share why you think the Dems have lost virtually every political position above the municipal level over the last 6 years: The WH, the Congress, the majority of State Houses, and the majority of Governorships.

Old 04-13-2017, 05:29 PM

5,792 posts, read 5,111,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post

Actually, I thought the sketch was pretty accurate.....and yes, the dems lose because there are far more dumb people than educated people. It's a major limit of democracy when people, no matter the level of education, get to vote. It's a mob rule situation as the uneducated are easily persuaded by catchy phrases and simple messages like the kind that trump is really good at giving.

Old 04-13-2017, 05:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pennyone View Post
Actually, I thought the sketch was pretty accurate.....and yes, the dems lose because there are far more dumb people than educated people. It's a major limit of democracy when people, no matter the level of education, get to vote. It's a mob rule situation as the uneducated are easily persuaded by catchy phrases and simple messages like the kind that trump is really good at giving.
Your drivel above deserves a one word response. Bull****.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies