Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-19-2017, 10:23 AM

309 posts, read 515,929 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonym9428 View Post
People who want government to impede the operations of private businesses are commies.
If you have problems with companies hiring whoever they want, and want government to do something about it, then you are a commie. As Reagan said, government is always the problem.

H1B reform is needed, but slight modifications....and completely no limitations on the numbers

If Reagan were alive today, he'd literally punch Trump and Ryan in the face

No, it is not fair competition when the American candidates are truethful in their resumes about their skills and degrees (because they can be easily verified), and the Indian consulting companies are free to bring in falsely attractive workers that lie on their resumes (as none of what are claimed can be or will ever be verified, not that these F100 companies actually care other than their financial numbers look good, and these slaves are meek).

Anyone who doesn't have a problem with that grossly unfair advantage these workers have over the honest Americans is the problem.

At least it's unfair until the other countries welcome Americans to fabricate on our resumes, and prefer us over their competent citizens in the jobs we want.

Last edited by Waterlily Pad; 04-19-2017 at 10:35 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2017, 10:33 AM

8,447 posts, read 4,753,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waterlily Pad View Post
No, it is not fair competition when the American candidates are truethful in their resumes about their skills and degrees (because they can be easily verified), and the Indian consulting companies are free to bring in falsely attractive workers that lie on their resumes (as none of what are claimed can be or will ever be verified, not that these F100 companies actually care other than their financial numbers look good, and these slaves are meek).

Anyone who doesn't have a problem with that grossly unfair advantage these workers have over the honest Americans is the problem.

At least it's unfair until the other countries welcome Americans to fibble on our resumes, and prefer us over their competent citizens in the jobs we want.
The joke I've heard from people in the business is that the Indian applicants all seem to have 5-10 years of experience with software/languages/technologies that have only been around for a couple of years. When I hear someone say they need w, x, y and z and the only applicants they can find that meet all of those criteria are from India or China it reminds me of that joke.

Old 04-19-2017, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Bully View Post
The joke I've heard from people in the business is that the Indian applicants all seem to have 5-10 years of experience with software/languages/technologies that have only been around for a couple of years. When I hear someone say they need w, x, y and z and the only applicants they can find that meet all of those criteria are from India or China it reminds me of that joke.

One of their tricks is to have a professional interviewee takes the phone screen interviews and pass them, but then become completely clueless in the face-to-face meetings. Some are able to slip through and get hired, but soon become clear that this purple unicorn is not purple after all.

Some posters upthread mentioned some H1B workers are competent, having been educated in the US, and the top companies hire them because they are the best. Wake up, they are hired to be good little soldiers, not because they are on average better than the American citizens with the same or better credentials.

It's a sneaky practice that the employers are using to discrminate against American people.

Old 04-19-2017, 10:50 AM

6,658 posts, read 4,748,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonym9428 View Post
Ah, you sound like the majority of Americans....aka, I'm entitled to this and that. I'm owed a job because I'm a special snowflake
Some people want to work because they don't want to end up homeless. Plus they don't want to sit on the couch all day and bum around in the house.

Old 04-19-2017, 10:51 AM

1,184 posts, read 720,671 times
We need to bring in and retain the top talent of the world in the USA. Google, Apple, IBM etc already go after them and pay them well. The problem is with the outsourcing firms like Tata & Infosys etc who flood the system with mediocre workers and pay them the minimum 60k or whatever it is...they take the jobs that americans are doing already. Their sole purpose is to profit off this program and take jobs away from Americans. The scam is over

Old 04-19-2017, 11:31 AM

5,462 posts, read 3,036,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doggiedog9 View Post
We need to bring in and retain the top talent of the world in the USA. Google, Apple, IBM etc already go after them and pay them well. The problem is with the outsourcing firms like Tata & Infosys etc who flood the system with mediocre workers and pay them the minimum 60k or whatever it is...they take the jobs that americans are doing already. Their sole purpose is to profit off this program and take jobs away from Americans. The scam is over
IBM ? . Just try if you can find out how many employees they have in India ( Its not disclosed publicly due to political correctness reasons and rumored to be around 150k people).

And they are known to suppress wages in India also.

Old 04-19-2017, 11:56 AM

6,115 posts, read 3,089,753 times
Quote:

At least it's unfair until the other countries welcome Americans to fabricate on our resumes, and prefer us over their competent citizens in the jobs we want.
Believe it or not, an Indian "Software Developerr" was once transferred into the team that was reporting to me.

He had arrived from Tamil Nado in a charter airplane full of "software developers" that were contracted by our employer through an Indian consulting agency.

His resume stated 10 years of software development experience and a Master's degree in Computer Science. Our employer paid the Indian recruiting agency $100 an hour for this guy.

He did not know to put paper in a printer.

I tell you the game since I am in the industry.

The hiring manger and his mangers are usually Indians in almost all cases. The "software developer" is also an Indian.

All three know that resume is full of lies BUT they have the budget to hire - so they hire their own kind. Many managers have their own recruiting agencies to get a double dip in making money.

So even if the American citizen/graduate has the right qualifications, he does not stand a chance in front of an Indian manager and an Indian H1B holder.

Old 04-19-2017, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCardinals View Post
Believe it or not, an Indian "Software Developerr" was once transferred into the team that was reporting to me.

He had arrived from Tamil Nado in a charter airplane full of "software developers" that were contracted by our employer through an Indian consulting agency.

His resume stated 10 years of software development experience and a Master's degree in Computer Science. Our employer paid the Indian recruiting agency $100 an hour for this guy.

The hiring manger and his mangers are usually Indians in almost all cases. The "software developer" is also an Indian.

All three know that resume is full of lies BUT they have the budget to hire - so they hire their own kind. Many managers have their own recruiting agencies to get a double dip in making money.

So even if the American citizen/graduate has the right qualifications, he does not stand a chance in front of an Indian manager and an Indian H1B holder.
Printer? Not as per job requirements

THrough out history, I have heard slaves coming in ships or rail. Not chartered planes LOL. This itself shows how much you are exaggerating.

Old 04-19-2017, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCardinals View Post

This is what I see in top or smaller companies as well. Those people are criminals in lying, fabricating everything. But, then again, this hotrific practice is being allowed because these corporations are criminals themselves.

These criminals, armed with their money, have power to set up a governmrnt, policies, and regulations that are entirely in their favors, with the sole purpose of enslaving everyone, Americans and foreigners alike.

Anyone who champions for the corporations to hire any "talents" because this is a "free market" has absolutely no idea what "free" means.

Old 04-19-2017, 01:11 PM

Quote:
This is what I see in top or smaller companies as well. Those people are criminals in lying, fabricating everything. But, then again, this hotrific practice is being allowed because these corporations are criminals themselves.

These criminals, armed with their money, have power to set up a governmrnt, policies, and regulations that are entirely in their favors, with the sole purpose of enslaving everyone, Americans and foreigners alike.

Anyone who champions for the corporations to hire any "talents" because this is a "free market" has absolutely no idea what "free" means.
In the end, it is definitely stacked up against Americans or any other working class people . In its peak , IBM , Accenture etc grew from few 100 employees to a 100k employees in a span of 10 years, while laying off people every year in US.

And saying "Not enough workers" or "not good enough" is all BS. I purely say this because of the standard of college education in the USA. Some of my friends are MS and PhD's and it was way way advanced than what we did in our Bachelor of Engg course.

2 corps create jobs, make profit and boost the economy so its all good for every one concerned. So the governments approve of the program.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies