Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2017, 08:40 PM

27,215 posts, read 46,772,227 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roboteer View Post
It's happening more and more. Now the city of Portland OR, instead of arresting and prosecuting the thugs that attack law-abiding people, simply cancel the parade that the radicalized Democrat thugs didn't want any Republicans in.

Is Portland going to be cutting back on the salaries they pay their police and courts, since they are not doing what they are paid to do: Stop those who are committing crimes, put them in jail, try and sentence them?

It's getting more and more where radicalized thugs can control who can appear in public, make speeches, wave banners (even in parades), simply by committing violence, rioting, destroying property, and then making threats to do more of the same.

This used to happen only in primitive, third-world countries. But now it's happening everywhere, including main streets of American cities. Is nobody going to do anything to stop these radicalized Democrats from reducing the United States to just another third-world country?

https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#q...parade&spf=394
Meanwhile more Democrats will leave the sinking Democratic ship!

Some "proud Democrats" are staying and are oblivious to why the Democrats lost and will loose even more seats and voters!

The country is changing...more people seem to be Silent but not when it counts.
The ones that are loud are the ones that only a certain group of people want to be associated with and mostly they are the ones embarrassed to show their face! They use black cover ups as they are either shy or too ugly to have daylight shine a light in their face! or just as we know them " a bunch of losers!

Do you want to join the successful or the whiners and losers!

Easy choice!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2017, 08:41 PM

8,061 posts, read 4,889,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
Meanwhile more Democrats will leave the sinking Democratic ship!

Some "proud Democrats" are staying and are oblivious to why the Democrats lost and will loose even more seats and voters!

The country is changing...more people seem to be Silent but not when it counts.
The ines that are loud are the ones that only a certain group of people want to be associated with and mostly they are the ones embarrassed to show their face! They use black cover ups as they are either shy or too ugly to have daylight shine a light in their face! or just as we know them " a bunch of losers!

Do you want to join the successful or the whiners and losers!

Easy choice!
so in effect the Democrats are supporting violence.

Old 04-27-2017, 08:43 PM

21,481 posts, read 10,588,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by radiolibre99 View Post
I could see mayhem in Austin but then again the theory is that where there is off the wall liberalism, there will be a tolerance for mayhem by anarchist protesters. Houston and Dallas are both Democratic cities but I wouldn't call them liberal per se, much less progressive.
I don't see it in Austin either. The police will not be told to stand down.

Last edited by katygirl68; 04-27-2017 at 08:59 PM..

Old 04-27-2017, 08:59 PM

3,458 posts, read 1,457,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pretzelogik View Post
Another city off of my vacation travel list.
Yep. I'll just stick to red states for a while until people get those knots out of their knickers.

Old 04-27-2017, 09:24 PM

10,097 posts, read 10,018,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
I don't see it in Austin either. The police will not be told to stand down.
Really? I figured there were enough over the top SJWs there to cause some ruckus. I don't enough about APD or Travis County Sheriffs to know how it'd go down, but it was just an assumption. Then again, Austin isn't truly liberal progressive like Berkeley or the Bay Area. It's more like Whole Foods, crunchy on the outside, libertarian on the inside. It has NOTHING on Portland, or heck the whole PNW. Austin is a wannabe town by comparison.

Old 04-27-2017, 10:03 PM

21,481 posts, read 10,588,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by radiolibre99 View Post
Really? I figured there were enough over the top SJWs there to cause some ruckus. I don't enough about APD or Travis County Sheriffs to know how it'd go down, but it was just an assumption. Then again, Austin isn't truly liberal progressive like Berkeley or the Bay Area. It's more like Whole Foods, crunchy on the outside, libertarian on the inside. It has NOTHING on Portland, or heck the whole PNW. Austin is a wannabe town by comparison.
Austin doesn't want to be anything but Austin. I like your analogy, crunchy on the outside, libertarian on the inside. I know a lot of people in Austin that are just typical Texans. They aren't the type to riot I don't think. Austin is pretty liberal, but Texas liberal, not California liberal.

Old 04-27-2017, 10:04 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,388,318 times
You folks sure are vocal here. But not a word on the thread about one of the alt right shooting someone.

Old 04-27-2017, 10:14 PM

7,444 posts, read 7,022,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GHOSTRIDER AZ View Post
so in effect the Democrats are supporting violence.
There is no "in effect" about it. It's been a campaign strategy for awhile now. Much of it Soros funded.

Old 04-27-2017, 10:37 PM

10,097 posts, read 10,018,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
You folks sure are vocal here. But not a word on the thread about one of the alt right shooting someone.
There are nuts on both sides. Politics has a habit of creating zealots out on the fringes but nothing compares to the scale of left wing violence. A lot of supposed Trump supporter, right wing hate crimes have turned up to be hoaxes. Not all, but a relative few. The weirdest one was the poop Swastika or the guy who supposedly received an anti-gay slur on a cake he ordered at Whole Foods. I mean just weird stuff.

Old 04-28-2017, 12:31 PM

17,441 posts, read 9,277,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
I agree, but I don't live there. I think Portlanders should decide for themselves.

I know a little about Portland, as I have relatives there and have visited several times. I tend to think the parade will go on, but I may be proven wrong.

No one knows from the tidbit that was presented here just how serious the threat may be. That's something the Portland police wouldn't necessarily make public, one way or the other, until they had their own firm assessment of the possible dangers.

But even if the dangers were real and serious, I tend to think some Portlanders would parade anyway. Outsiders might think Portland is a tender place, where feelings are easily hurt, but that's a false impression.

The Portland I know is chock full of tough and rowdy Oregonians, lumberjacks and fishermen alongside their hi-tech kids, and Portland has always been a hardcase town that was quick to go to blows. The town has changed over the past 20 years, but not that much.
Here is the email the Anarchists sent .......
https://www.scribd.com/document/3463...f-Roses-Parade

The 82nd Ave Parade and Carnival has been Cancelled -- the Anarchists reminded them of their previous Riots.
Over $1 Million in damaged in the November 2016 Riot and more damage in the Inauguration Riots that lasted 3 Days. The 82nd Avenue Parade was organized by the merchants - they can't afford to have their businesses destroyed and looted. This Parade (it is NOT a "March") - has kicked off the Rose Festival Week for 10 years. Boy Scouts lead it off, local Government/Politicians, Civic Organizations, School Bands, groups from all walks of life participate.

They KNOW the "threats" are not empty threats - as the email states, "You have seen what we can (and will) do. I agree with most that it's dangerous and wrong to give in to these Terror Threats - On the other hand, I can't blame these Merchants for protecting their livelihood and their Businesses. I DO blame the Portland, OR Government, the Oregon CongressCritters, the State Police, the Local Police and the Citizens of Portland for their Acceptance of Anarchy and their Spineless attitude toward Lawlessness.

This terroristic threat is the FACE of the Democratic Party today - it's how these Sanctuary Cities operate and that's even in the email threat. This is who they are.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies