Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-01-2017, 07:02 AM

18,323 posts, read 10,653,845 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by seeriously View Post
Bravo, Mr. President! Make MORE money! The American people don't own you anymore, you served your country, and you have plenty to say so say it and reap the rewards!

Here,here!!!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2017, 07:04 AM

79,914 posts, read 44,178,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
We have millions of public servants in this country who do, or will, receive pensions and healthcare after they retire. Should they be held to the same standards as Mr. Obama?
Absolutely. If they are getting pay offs now from the group's they supposedly oversaw we should condemn that.

Old 05-01-2017, 08:08 AM

28,164 posts, read 25,294,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Why should it be different than yours concerning Obama? Why should what someone think about Trump define what you think about Obama?

Because Trump is corrupt, it's OK for Obama?
No, absolutely not. For one, *I* do not think Obama is corrupt. Secondly, I do think Trump is corrupt, very corrupt.

I didn't say someone else's opinion of Trump would change my opinion of Obama. But I am very curious as to how someone can think Obama is corrupt, yet believe Trump is not.

Old 05-01-2017, 08:10 AM

28,164 posts, read 25,294,472 times
Quote:
Absolutely. If they are getting pay offs now from the group's they supposedly oversaw we should condemn that.
You mean if the former head of HUD speaks to a group about homelessness in America and he gets paid for his time and energy to do so, he or she shouldn't get paid? Or shouldn't share their experiences in the low income housing sphere?

That makes no sense.

Old 05-01-2017, 08:18 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,245,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
""How many half Million Dollar Wall Street speeches will Obama give this year? "

I don't know, how many Wall Street executives will Trump appoint to government positions ?

Well played.

Old 05-01-2017, 08:23 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,000,087 times
Quote:
Why should it be different than yours concerning Obama? Why should what someone think about Trump define what you think about Obama?

Because Trump is corrupt, it's OK for Obama?
But Obama isn't our President right now.

Let's deal with here and now.

You aren't concerned with Wall Street Executives presenting the Tax outline.

Old 05-01-2017, 08:28 AM

Quote:
No, absolutely not. For one, *I* do not think Obama is corrupt. Secondly, I do think Trump is corrupt, very corrupt.

I didn't say someone else's opinion of Trump would change my opinion of Obama. But I am very curious as to how someone can think Obama is corrupt, yet believe Trump is not.
Partisanship. That should be clear.

Old 05-01-2017, 08:29 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,932,501 times
Quote:

Quote from President Obama........
We’re not, we’re not trying to push financial reform because we begrudge success that’s fairly earned. I mean, I do think at a certain point you’ve made enough money. But, you know, part of the American way is, you know, you can just keep on making it if you’re providing a good product or providing good service. We don’t want people to stop, ah, fulfilling the core responsibilities of the financial system to help grow our economy.

Another............

President Obama doesn't think rich people are bad people - he just says they make too much money.
"I'm not saying this because I dislike hedge fund managers or think they are evil," Obama said Tuesday at a panel discussion on poverty, after pointing out that the top 25 hedge fund managers combined make more money than all the Kindergarten teachers in the U.S. "You pretty much have more than you'll ever use and your family will ever use."
Obama: Richest people aren

You don't find smuggling money in the dead of night to a country who hates most the world, NOT corrupt?

So by his own admission, should we assume this money will all be given away to those more in need?

Old 05-01-2017, 08:30 AM

Quote:
You mean if the former head of HUD speaks to a group about homelessness in America and he gets paid for his time and energy to do so, he or she shouldn't get paid? Or shouldn't share their experiences in the low income housing sphere?

That makes no sense.
Yours is a simplification. HUD is not something the (D)'s considered a bad thing unlike the big Wall Street investment banks. Now if HUD was paying out $400,000, yes I would still have a huge problem with that.

Old 05-01-2017, 08:30 AM

5,481 posts, read 8,572,797 times
Not a fan of Obama, but I don't see the problem. If someone is willing to pay you 400k to speak, why turn it down?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies