Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-30-2017, 06:05 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,256,917 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
What the heck...... let Hillary run again. After all......Trump's a bad guy, and it is her turn.

Besides, Hillary is as clean as they come, no baggage there.

And, she'll be well into her 70's by the next election, but hey, she's the picture of health, right?
There has been something wrong with her for a long time. The inability to tell the truth about anything.....even when the truth is the best answer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2017, 06:26 PM

30,189 posts, read 11,827,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallflash View Post
Hezbollah?

Geez, and now I am supposed to take you seriously?

Do you realize that the topic of the first speech was healthcare? Something Obama is sort of linked to as POTUS.

At any rate, Obama is a private citizen. He is free to give speeches as he wishes. I am not an Obama worshipper, I would give him about a 7 out of 10 on his 8 years, and I dont think the ACA is perfect. But there are those who, if Obama cut out both kidneys and gave them to dying children as transplants, would whine that he got blood on the floor. I simply dont give much credence to these types and their eternal bitching.
Sarcasm. Relax.

There were those back in 2010 that Wall St. bonuses were a bigger threat than terrorism:

http://www.businessinsider.com/which...bonuses-2010-7

My point was they were the boogieman but not anymore apparently.

His first paid speech was with A & E being interviewed by a presidential historian. He got $400,000 for that one too. He has not done the Wall St speech yet, it is in September. I believe it has some sort of healthcare theme but no one knows what Obama is expected to talk about.

Obama can do what he wants. And Americans have the right to comment on it. I don't agree with much of what he stood for but I don't think Obama is a bad or corrupt person. I respect him a lot more than I do the Clinton's. That is why it is disappointing that he decided to go down their same road instead of taking the high road. But big easy money is hard to turn down.

Last edited by Oklazona Bound; 04-30-2017 at 06:49 PM..

Old 04-30-2017, 06:55 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,950,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southeasttexas View Post
You know, that guy Barry, who hated Wall Street so much? Will Pocahontas be next?
First of all, you and Trump are showing your ignorance by calling Senator Warren "Pochahontas." However, if you were familiar with the law, you'd know that an active member of Congress cannot be paid for speeches.

By the way, when did Obama say he "hated" Wall Street? He just wanted financial regulations to protect consumers.

Old 04-30-2017, 07:24 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,950,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nurider2002 View Post
LOL. Few folks I would rather pay to listen to. So glad he's enjoying his profiting in 2017��
I agree. From what I understand, it's for a health care conference, so it only makes sense that Obama was invited to speak.

Even before he was President, the Obamas were very generous, as their tax returns prove. (key word here is "tax returns") So we don't know how he'll spend the money, although it's his right to be paid.

When Obama received the Nobel Peace Prize in 2009 he donated the $1.4 million prize to charity and got criticized, then Trump gives $78k of his salary to the Parks Service and the same people are ecstatic.

Just an aside: I don't know anything about Cantor Fitzgerald, but I remember the name from 9/11. IIRC that firm lost most of its employees when the plane hit. Very sad.

Old 04-30-2017, 07:29 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,256,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
I agree. From what I understand, it's for a health care conference, so it only makes sense that Obama was invited to speak.
When I think health care one of the last things I think is Wall Street firm Cantor Fitzgerald. It might be before Goldman Sachs.

Old 04-30-2017, 07:33 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,730,805 times
Who cares if they want to pay Obama $400K for a speech? Who cares?! If Trump did it, his supporters would say it reflects on how popular he was and what a great businessman. I hope Obama makes another $60M on speeches on top of the $60M he is making on books. Trump supporters aren't listening to him anyway so it doesn't matter what they think at all.

Obama is no longer in office. He is a private citizen. Trump has so many conflicts it's mind boggling and he is in office while it is happening. No comparison whatsoever. None.

Old 04-30-2017, 08:13 PM

10,181 posts, read 10,267,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyster View Post
"I do think at some point, you've made enough money."

- Barack Obama, April, 2010

At what point will Obama decide he's made enough money...
Do as I say, not as I do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightleavenyc View Post
LOL LOL he never said how much!
He did, however, believe that making $250K per year is "rich" and those who do should be taxed at a higher rate. Talk about being out of touch given his salary & allowances and "book" income while sitting POTUS.

CURL: Mr. President, do the math: $250,000 per year isn't rich - Washington Times
------------

He's not a "Private Citizen".

He's a Public Figure and always will be.

Last edited by Informed Info; 04-30-2017 at 08:43 PM..

Old 04-30-2017, 08:42 PM

10,181 posts, read 10,267,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
First of all, you and Trump are showing your ignorance by calling Senator Warren "Pochahontas." However, if you were familiar with the law, you'd know that an active member of Congress cannot be paid for speeches.
It's not ignorant, it's funny as hell.

And Trump didn't start it. She's been called Fauxcohontas since as early as 2012.

She's been asked, by Cherokee groups, to prove her heritage. She has yet to.

The early 20th century New England Dawes Rolls don't have one single family member of Warren's listed.

Quote:
By the way, when did Obama say he "hated" Wall Street? He just wanted financial regulations to protect consumers.
He didn't.

What he said was, “I did not run for office to be helping out a bunch of fat cat bankers on Wall Street.”

Obama Slams "Fat Cat" Bankers In 60 Minutes Interview - Business Insider

Old 04-30-2017, 09:48 PM

8,895 posts, read 5,380,497 times
Good for him.

But seriously, there comes a point where you've made enough money.

Old 04-30-2017, 11:56 PM

32,094 posts, read 15,089,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Many still do not understand that this is why we have Trump. Enough of us have had enough. If the (D)'s want to be (R)'s that want to tell you where you can pee, screw them.
Yeah, I don't understand why Trump is president. He wants to change the first amendment so he can sue the media who says negative things about him. It's like to hell with freedom of speech. Coal mining jobs are not coming back like he promised. The ACA isn't going anywhere. What do you think about his tax plan? If you know anything about this then you know it only benefits the rich
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies