Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-07-2017, 05:12 PM

554 posts, read 609,049 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedi Emma View Post
As a nurse, I find this attitude beyond ignorant. If you think every cancer or ALS patient brought it on themselves, you are wrong. If you think the person in the wrong place at the wrong time car accident should have known better, you are wrong. If you think the child who developed an unexpected condition is a burden on you, you are sick and wrong. I can't stand people like you.
Selfish people don't care what happens to others.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2017, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustMike77 View Post
No. I've managed to pay for my own healthcare for the last 45 years, so others can too. As of next month, YOU get to pay for my healthcare. How does that really feel to you ?
That doesn't bother me one bit.

Old 05-07-2017, 05:20 PM

3,458 posts, read 1,456,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wambatown81 View Post
No. Its a service to be purchased just like any other. And if it cannot be purchased then others will donate to your cause however THEY see fit. However its wrong to FORCE people to give up thier labor and resources to another person who they don't even know.

We need to concentrate on a society of VOLUNTARY transactions rather than the gun pointed to people's heads known as wealth redistribution. Measures should be taken to lower healthcare cost, but we aren't going to have a nation of strong people if we continue to force people to subsidize weakness.
How about we just donate to our own cause like we do with social security? That way we don't have to beg others for it, and we have a decent social fabric. We all pay, we all receive. It's simple.

What we have now is a gun pointed at our heads. What we need is to pay into our own healthcare at a bulk rate and make sure it's regulated so our healthcare isn't our 3rd largest killer in America.

Strength only gets you so far if your too stupid to know where to use it. I'm not a democrat and even I know it's way cheaper to have a single payer system. Do you like wasting money? Because we are wasting money right now, a lot of it.

How do you think large employers get cheaper health insurance? They buy bulk. It's basic knowledge, you probably do this yourself at Costco.

Old 05-07-2017, 05:24 PM

I was in London a few years ago and became ill. My hotel called a taxi for me, and the taxi took me to a doctor. The taxi was free. So was the doctor visit. The taxi to the pharmacy was also free, as was the prescription medication. The taxi back to the hotel was free. It was a seamless, painless, and cost-free experience.

Old 05-07-2017, 05:28 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,237,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
Agree! It is called taking personal responsibility for one's self!

Actually that is not true. What an attitude! Not everyone gets sick, even getting older doesn't mean getting sick. And, getting sick doesn't mean you need healthcare if you have a clue about taking care of yourself.

Health care is not a basic right.

How did we survive before there were mega clinics, hospitals and big pharma pumping out drugs that cause reactions that require more drugs that cause reactions that require more drugs.............

I think they want to call everything they might need in life a "human right" as to avoid taking any action or personal responsibility for their needs and/or desires.

Healthcare isn't about dying. No one said that healthcare or healthy living would cheat death. You'd be surprised what healthy living delivers IF you actually understand that takes effort and doesn't come easy. Most deaths are of older individuals with worn out parts. Smoking and bad diet definitely can impact one's cancer risks.

If you wanting to involve the government in forcing everyone to pay for the health care of others, don't talk about un-Christian or Christian but if you insist on talking Christian, tell it to the congregation on Sunday morning and perhaps they'll agree and pass the donation plate again to pick up the cost. Keep Christianity out of the government. Assuming everyone is Christian and trying to play that card anymore is a wasted effort!

Exactly!

Actually, that was a benefit of having a job. I realize "job" causes some to just shake in their boots, but that is the way you get things, you earn them for yourself or at least that is the way it used to be before some got the idea they could do as they wanted, not work, not take care of their health and someone else could carry them.

You are talking about personal responsibility, a lost art! But, but if mommy and daddy aren't going to provide it, "Uncle Sam where are you?"

They want everything delivered them under their "human rights" without obligations. Rights have obligations. If one wants it, they need to find a way to go out their and get it, not nag everyone else to cover their butts.

Nope, this claiming everything is a human right to get a free ride. As we know, they also want to guaranteed living wage without a job at all, so they are trying to put the big picture together with what they will need in order to just slide through life.
I am sick of the manufactured outrage over this issue.

Want a service, pay for it. Don't have the money, not my problem.

Old 05-07-2017, 05:32 PM

5,302 posts, read 2,357,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zortation View Post
It's about being brainwashed, my friend.
You or me? I'm the one explaining the logical steps of what I believe. Brainwashing usually can't be backed up using reason.

Old 05-07-2017, 05:36 PM

25,775 posts, read 18,840,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sibelian View Post
I was in London a few years ago and became ill. My hotel called a taxi for me, and the taxi took me to a doctor. The taxi was free. So was the doctor visit. The taxi to the pharmacy was also free, as was the prescription medication. The taxi back to the hotel was free. It was a seamless, painless, and cost-free experience.
None of that was free, unless you happened to find a cabbie who drives for nothing and buys gas for the cab out of his own pocket, oil refinery workers who are 100% volunteering their time to the refinery, auto workers who work the lines free of charge, a doctor who volunteers his/her time free of charge, a pharmacist who volunteers at the pharmacy, and a group of employees in a pharma-factory who all volunteer.

Do you receive compensation at your place of employment? If so, why do you accept it? Someone might need your product/service, yet lacks the funds to pay for it.

Old 05-07-2017, 05:44 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,902,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sibelian View Post
But paying for the pint at the pub was painful.

Old 05-07-2017, 05:45 PM

21,430 posts, read 7,464,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
" Do you consider healthcare a basic human right? "

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NancyDrew1 View Post
so that is a no?
No it is not.

Healthcare sustains and supports life and human happiness, so I support it as a basic human right.

Old 05-07-2017, 05:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
None of that was free, unless you happened to find a cabbie who drives for nothing and buys gas for the cab out of his own pocket, oil refinery workers who are 100% volunteering their time to the refinery, auto workers who work the lines free of charge, a doctor who volunteers his/her time free of charge, a pharmacist who volunteers at the pharmacy, and a group of employees in a pharma-factory who all volunteer.

Do you receive compensation at your place of employment? If so, why do you accept it? Someone might need your product/service, yet lacks the funds to pay for it.
All of it was cost-free to me. The taxi driver (the best on earth in London), the doctor, and the pharmacist all get paid. The drug company was paid. England seems to function quite well, last time I looked.

Yes, I'm paid quite well at my place of employment, and we don't turn away anyone who needs medical or surgical care, even if the person lacks funds/insurance. Who pays for those who don't/can't ? To some extent, you do. Quit playing ignorant. It works in England, and it can work here as well. You confuse the payor with the employee. When I take care of a patient, I don't care who's paying his/her bill, and I don't need to.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies