Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-23-2018, 10:49 AM

3,092 posts, read 1,947,747 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaker281 View Post
Plus, this entire thread has as it's basis the sad, whiney idea that white males in the USA are at some sort of disadvantage.

If you are promoting THAT idea, please turn in your giblets at the nearest collection center. Tissues to weep into are available at the counter.
Actually minority men experience the gender bias at a far higher rate than white men. Why would you bring race into this discussion, I wonder.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2018, 11:32 AM

6,835 posts, read 2,402,729 times
Irrefutable proof includes an SJW liberal mother-in-law, right?

Old 09-23-2018, 11:44 AM

4,559 posts, read 1,438,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
There is no point in bringing this topic up. Nobody cares. Men could be rounded up, herded onto barges, and set adrift at sea to die. You wouldn't hear a peep of protest from anyone not starving to death on the barges. Same thing applies to several other current social scapegoats: middle age, white.
If only.

We could have ended the cause of all War ,overpopulation, and famine

Old 09-23-2018, 11:49 AM

15,713 posts, read 9,528,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
I don't feel oppressed at all.
Me either. I was wondering if I was missing out on something

Old 09-23-2018, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
Me either. I was wondering if I was missing out on something
if you don't feel oppressed, you should. Have you ever slept with someone that you weren't married to? If so, you faced the very real risk of oppression.

Feelings are not facts. The fact remains that when parents are not married, one gender has full parental rights and one gender has zero parental rights. That's oppression, that's discrimination, that's gender bias, that is wrong no matter how you spin it.

Old 09-23-2018, 12:32 PM

20,757 posts, read 8,588,145 times
If men don't want to be trapped into marriage or paying child support they should have a vasectomy and then, if they are not sure if they might want kids later, pay a sperm bank to hold their deposit. If they decide later they never want kid they can donate their sperm to infertile couples.

Helluva lot cheaper than paying for a kid for 18 years.

Old 09-23-2018, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
If men don't want to be trapped into marriage or paying child support they should have a vasectomy and then, if they are not sure if they might want kids later, pay a sperm bank to hold their deposit. If they decide later they never want kid they can donate their sperm to infertile couples.

Helluva lot cheaper than paying for a kid for 18 years.
Ok, but why is it that 100% of the risk and responsibility associated with premarital sex is upon the shoulders of men, with 0% upon the shoulders of men. That's a blatantly and clearly discriminatory policy.

Old 09-23-2018, 12:42 PM

15,713 posts, read 9,528,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dysgenic View Post
if you don't feel oppressed, you should. Have you ever slept with someone that you weren't married to? If so, you faced the very real risk of oppression.
I've been amazingly adept at keeping my penis between my wife and me. Go figure. I don't think you understand what oppression is.

Old 09-23-2018, 12:53 PM

5,888 posts, read 3,227,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shooting4life View Post
Try attending some family court hearings.
Yep...largely it is a fiefdom of angry militant lesbians.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
Solution for men: do not impregnate any women who are not married to you.
How is that a solution when almost all states have "no fault divorce"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
If there are no kids born out of wedlock, there's no issue.

Have kids with a spouse. Stay married. Raise your kids. Get all the rights you want.
Not up to men to "stay married" when the wife can end the marriage unilaterally.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AguaDulce View Post
What do you suggest?

That the man takes the baby home from the hospital and the woman has to go to court to establish motherhood before she can visit?
National "right to be a parent" legislation.

Quote:
I've been amazingly adept at keeping my penis between my wife and me. Go figure. I don't think you understand what oppression is.
Your wife likely isn't crazy. But imagine if she was, or simply got tired of you and decided she just wanted to leave and take half your money and your kids with her? Why is it that you imagine all divorces are only due to male infidelity?

Old 09-23-2018, 12:59 PM

Quote:
I consider taking one's child to be one of the single most harmful things that one can do to another human being. When you do this en masse, on a large scale, to millions of people of the same gender, it becomes oppression.

What do you consider to be oppression?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies