Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-22-2017, 12:14 PM

14,221 posts, read 6,963,795 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liars Poker View Post
How about we cut all benefits to illegal immigrants and give all that money to the American citizen seniors ?
Thats not on the agenda of the donor class. It might be what the Trump supporters want but Trump has long since abandoned his base. The whole point is to CUT programs for the seniors and the disabled in order to FUND tax breaks for the ruling class. Why is it so difficult to understand? Why do you think they are trying to gut over $800 billion from Medicaid, healthcare for the elderly and various other safety nets before they enact the tax cuts for the ruling donor class?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2017, 12:15 PM

19,642 posts, read 12,231,401 times
It used to be about encouraging hard work for those who could with a reward of a steady job and decent life, and provide help to those who cannot. Now it is so different, many areas are economically decimated, there are more disabled people as we are an aging population, and jobs are concentrated in certain areas. Yet some republicans are acting like it is the 1950s, and anyone can just get a decent job with benefits anywhere. Of course that is not the case, and they want to pull the help that is available to those who have run out of options. And they have a massive lack of empathy or even basic understanding about chronic illness and disability. They don't even try to hide it.

Old 05-22-2017, 12:15 PM

4,279 posts, read 1,904,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skins_fan82 View Post
Do you think you make more money than I do?
I think this is an anonymous Internet forum and if you think such a contest is viable in this state then likely you are going to lie quite bit.

So go ahead, tell me how you hold multiple degrees, have 5 homes, and make millions a year. It is about as valid as the logic you used in the past discussion.

Old 05-22-2017, 12:16 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,375,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
"The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly, is to fill the world with fools." Herbert Spencer
A nice qoute. I can respond with lots about compassion, etc.

We're not discussing folly, we are discussing how we treat the disabled. Get with the program.

Old 05-22-2017, 12:24 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,544,683 times
Lightbulb big cuts to assistance for the poor

That's what Pubs DO, fer crissakes.

It's the one issue they ALL agree on.

Old 05-22-2017, 12:25 PM

11,122 posts, read 5,593,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
I think your point is that under Obama spending on welfare programs increased, but the economy really didn't so we can't go backwards to pre-recession levels.

Obama's economy worked great for the stock market and rich, as Obama engaged in more Trickle Down Economics than Reagan.

How Quantitative Easing Helps the Rich and Soaks the Rest of Us - Reason.com

Every Fed pick Obama made was for Trickle Down QE pusher. He owns it.

Obama simply failed with the economy for the bottom half - so we need these higher levels.

Top One Percent Captured 121 Percent Of All Income Gains During Recovery's First Years: Study | HuffPost

What a ridiculous joke you're making here with this graph and then talking about Obama failing with the economy. The rise in SNAP recipients was a direct result of the recession brought on by the 8 years of G. W. Bush and all the crooked loan deals that tanked our economy in 2008, just as he was leaving office and dumping the mess in Obama's lap. If it weren't for the 8 years each, with Bill Clinton and Obama, to restore our economy and drive down the deficit, we'd be nothing but history today, as a functional world power. It's a mysterious and ambiguous phenomenon, that we were able to rise so high, despite the unrelenting efforts of the morons on the right, to drag us down.

Last edited by Steve McDonald; 05-22-2017 at 12:40 PM..

Old 05-22-2017, 12:29 PM

25,849 posts, read 16,532,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
And this is a perfect example of why churches shouldn't be involved in this. Basically..if you help me you own my soul and have the right to dictate how I live? Wow.
If you are depending on others to feed, clothe and house you...you need much more than money. Not in every case of course. But charity should be absolutely private, not government.

Now healthcare, to me that's different. It's smart business to provide healthcare to your citizens without putting a financial hardship on them. So get out of the welfare business and get into the healthcare business.

Old 05-22-2017, 12:31 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,892,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve McDonald View Post
What a ridiculous joke you're making here with this graph and then talking about Obama failing with the economy. The rise in SNAP recipients was a direct result of the recession brought on by the 8 years of G. W. Bush and all the crooked loan deals that tanked our economy in 2008, just as he was leaving office and dumping the mess in Obama's lap.
Yes, it was all Bush's fault.

Old 05-22-2017, 12:31 PM

589 posts, read 381,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PCALMike View Post
Thats not on the agenda of the donor class. It might be what the Trump supporters want but Trump has long since abandoned his base. The whole point is to CUT programs for the seniors and the disabled in order to FUND tax breaks for the ruling class. Why is it so difficult to understand? Why do you think they are trying to gut over $800 billion from Medicaid, healthcare for the elderly and various other safety nets before they enact the tax cuts for the ruling donor class?
Deflect deflect deflect - your whole point is not everyone's else point. And you do get paid every time you post the phrase "ruling donor class" ?

Old 05-22-2017, 12:35 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,892,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
A nice qoute. I can respond with lots about compassion, etc.

We're not discussing folly, we are discussing how we treat the disabled. Get with the program.
Please, a small percentage of those receiving funds are totally disabled and the primary duty of caring for the disabled is family. I realize family is a dirty word to the left.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies