Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-29-2017, 06:53 AM

35,702 posts, read 21,054,375 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
Well if we don't keep pouring money in are we still a "reliable ally"?
remember something--- we pay to play- we want our boots on the ground all over the world- we want world dominance even if sublime- it is the USA who has strategically planted our seeds everywhere for easy access to all parts of the world-- The interest to OWN the manufacturing and oil -etc is for us to protect- look at the BIG picture please.. .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2017, 06:58 AM

6,418 posts, read 7,250,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
No, he did not have any sources, and clearly you don't have any either. Trumps own people are doing this because they are fearful of his incompetence.
I think he was being sarcastic

Old 05-29-2017, 07:02 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,629,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bxlover View Post
Wouldn't they have found listening devices by now ?
Yes, but why ruin a good conspiracy theory.

Old 05-29-2017, 07:04 AM

26,497 posts, read 15,074,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
Well if we don't keep pouring money in are we still a "reliable ally"?
If Germany for decades has refused to meet its obligations that they agreed to - while the US has met all of its obligations to Germany and poured in more money than we agreed to ---- I find it odd that you are questioning if the US is the "reliable ally" when Europe is not even reliable enough to meet mild expectations that they agreed to.

I guess "Germany over America" is the new mantra of the American left.

Old 05-29-2017, 07:06 AM

1,147 posts, read 718,292 times
I thought she was referring to climate change?

Old 05-29-2017, 07:09 AM

5,097 posts, read 2,314,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazee Cat Lady View Post
Well played Vladimir.
I am sure Putin is overjoyed. Exactly what he wanted.
Your puppet Trumpett served you well.

Trump laudes the Saudi's (who were responsible for 9/11 and the World Trade Center Attack) and strikes a deal with
them giving them more weapons that they can turn on us....then insulted and slapped in the face our friends and allies who have stood with us. It is disgusting.
Germany (and France) stood by us in the Iraq War? You don't remember the Axis of Weasel?

Old 05-29-2017, 07:11 AM

7,588 posts, read 6,628,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
If Germany for decades has refused to meet its obligations that they agreed to - while the US has met all of its obligations to Germany and poured in more money than we agreed to ---- I find it odd that you are questioning if the US is the "reliable ally."
Exactly what obligation did Germany agree to meet, and when did they make that agreement? Exactly?

None of you Trumpies have any idea what you're talking about. You're just making complete fools of yourselves.

Old 05-29-2017, 07:13 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,629,107 times
Quote:
If Germany for decades has refused to meet its obligations that they agreed to - while the US has met all of its obligations to Germany and poured in more money than we agreed to ---- I find it odd that you are questioning if the US is the "reliable ally."

I guess Germany over America is the new mantra.
They have not agreed to any obligation that I am aware of. The 2% target is just that, a target, not an obligation. The members are meant to reach that target by 2024.

As for the "reliable ally", US has been a reliable ally, but she meant those days are over with Trump in the WH.

Old 05-29-2017, 07:16 AM

4,587 posts, read 2,598,716 times
Quote:
If Germany for decades has refused to meet its obligations that they agreed to - while the US has met all of its obligations to Germany and poured in more money than we agreed to ---- I find it odd that you are questioning if the US is the "reliable ally" when Europe is not even reliable to meet mild expectations that they agreed to.

I guess "Germany over America" is the new mantra of the American left.
People recall your history. Germany and France being our allies is a good thing. Want those countries becoming military powers acting on their own self interests ? We act like they are not mighty nations on their own. If Germany decided to militarize it could become a significant check against our interests. Germany is big, rich, respected, and if motivated militarily powerful. Nationalism is not an issue with Germany right now, but do you want to rouse a sleeping bear ? Germany if it chooses to militarize, would have a armed forces more powerful then most nations in a relatively short period of time. Think of unintended consequences before acting like Germany owes the US anything at this time.

Old 05-29-2017, 07:20 AM

5,097 posts, read 2,314,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. In-Between View Post
Exactly what obligation did Germany agree to meet, and when did they make that agreement? Exactly?

None of you Trumpies have any idea what you're talking about. You're just making complete fools of yourselves.
U.S. presidents have been complaining for years that Europeans aren't contributing enough towards NATO, or towards their own defense. And the Europeans ignore them, and then the next president comes along and ineffectually complains. If Trump wants to end this silliness by actually doing something about it, I say good for him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies