Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-27-2017, 06:56 PM

8,779 posts, read 9,456,933 times

Advertisements

Trash journalism doesn't really get much of my sympathy when controversy finds its way on to them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2017, 07:05 PM

29,219 posts, read 22,380,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AfriqueNY View Post
I vote for my OWN interests. I will never honor Columbus and his Ilk. He and his men raped and murdered innocent native people's for gold and glory. There is no whitewashing of history with me. All of these men kept detailed logs of their exploits. Should a Jewish person be cool with a Hitler memorial? Maybe Hitler on some currency ? Statues of Hitler and his top men? Come on.
Meh.
Without Columbus and his band of sinners who followed, most of us wouldn't even be here. Possibly, if most of our ancestors had died over there than they did at that time. Europe was de-populated by disease and wars for several centuries, but by the 15th century, was beginning to fill up again, and a large population always starts folks looking for new territory. That's what homo sapiens does.

Bu sooner or later, half of the world was bound to be discovered, and plunder and glory have always been a spark plugs for exploration. It wasn't as if the New World was hard to find- all they had to do was stay live and keep floating until they bumped into it.

If not Columbus, it would have been some other bunch of Europeans who did the exploiting. They all raped the natives- Spain just got here firstest with the mostest. A twist of fate could have changed the group of explorers, but not the outcome.

I'm not sure that this has much to do with the topic being discussed, though.

Old 05-27-2017, 09:53 PM

8,518 posts, read 3,759,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
Meh.
Without Columbus and his band of sinners who followed, most of us wouldn't even be here. Possibly, if most of our ancestors had died over there than they did at that time. Europe was de-populated by disease and wars for several centuries, but by the 15th century, was beginning to fill up again, and a large population always starts folks looking for new territory. That's what homo sapiens does.

Bu sooner or later, half of the world was bound to be discovered, and plunder and glory have always been a spark plugs for exploration. It wasn't as if the New World was hard to find- all they had to do was stay live and keep floating until they bumped into it.

If not Columbus, it would have been some other bunch of Europeans who did the exploiting. They all raped the natives- Spain just got here firstest with the mostest. A twist of fate could have changed the group of explorers, but not the outcome.

I'm not sure that this has much to do with the topic being discussed, though.
It wasn't discovered. European Supremacy won't allow you to say the obvious. It wasn't a discovery. It was an invasion . It changed the course of history and genocide was committed. There isn't an Arrowok or Carib left thanks to Columbus. They didn't make good slaves . Since when do Christian's condone rape and slaughter. Ohhh i get it. All non Europeans are subhuman... Got it.

Old 05-27-2017, 09:54 PM

15,706 posts, read 11,780,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MongooseHugger View Post
Obviously, we know that Murdoch's sons are trying to take down the good guys on Fox. However, I think some Soros groups are also involved.

I believe that these three groups are almost certainly involved:

1.) Color of Change (they pulled similar tactics against ALEC-supporting companies over ALEC's support of voter ID in 2011. Also, they are a Soros group.)
2.) Media Matters (Soros Media mob )
3.) MoveOn.org (Another militant Soros group that helps him a lot)
Glad to see you're a proud supporting of men who commit sexual harassment. You must be proud.

Old 05-27-2017, 10:08 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,271,773 times
Or maybe....O'Reilly just f*cked up.

Old 05-27-2017, 10:45 PM

8,518 posts, read 3,759,611 times
That's the culture there. Assault the women on your staff .

Old 05-28-2017, 05:08 AM

27,214 posts, read 46,767,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MongooseHugger View Post
Obviously, we know that Murdoch's sons are trying to take down the good guys on Fox. However, I think some Soros groups are also involved.

I believe that these three groups are almost certainly involved:

1.) Color of Change (they pulled similar tactics against ALEC-supporting companies over ALEC's support of voter ID in 2011. Also, they are a Soros group.)
2.) Media Matters (Soros Media mob )
3.) MoveOn.org (Another militant Soros group that helps him a lot)
As we have seen how much influence Soros had on the end results and just as the Koch brothers had influence in 2012 elections, we know that we the people decide.

Fox News will most likely lose tremendous amounts of viewers if Hannity will be off their network.

Old 05-28-2017, 05:25 AM

5,772 posts, read 3,225,826 times
If FOX news was capable of separating the corporate agenda from the conservative agenda I might watch once in a while.

How often do they put on true conservatives like George Will and Pat Buchanan. Although I'm a liberal, I do listen to these guys. They think and they make me think.

Old 05-28-2017, 05:30 AM

7,855 posts, read 10,294,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
I have no doubt Soros is behind a lot of what's going on - and not just with the media.
o reilly and hannity are in lock step with soros on the issues which are most important to both

hannity and o reilly play to the gallery ( with regard conservative cultural issues ) but both are primarily shills for the 1%

soros is the ultimate capitalist , he views national and cultural heritage as an obstacle to corporate domination of the globe , his socially liberal movements ( which many on the left like amnesty international etc have been duped into supporting ) are trojan horses

Old 05-28-2017, 05:34 AM

7,855 posts, read 10,294,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Hannity is his own worst enemy with this Rich Seth conspiracy theory, he has infuriated the family and the advertisers. No need for anyone to go after him, he is doing a good job destroying his sad career on his own. Infowars seems to be the obvious next step in his career.
o reilly while an obnoxious bully , had a strong intellect , hannity is a D student who happened to just get picked due to his complete lack of ethics and willingness to do what he,s told by the boss

hes an ultra reliable water carrier
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies