Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2017, 05:53 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,311,358 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnOurWayHome View Post
Kinda scary that trump fans are acknowledging that no matter how low he sinks, nothing will change their mind about him. Treason, theft, murder - he's still their boy. Rather cultish, no?
Well, not acknowledging that Trump is "sinking low," aren't you describing how the Left continue to support Obama, no matter how much corruption is revealed ...more every day? Spying on American citizens? Wow. That's about as bad as it gets.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2017, 05:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
What it says is that a minority of the country approves of Trump no matter what he does. His approvals hover at 39.

He has nowhere to go but down.
Hate to tell you, but his approval is a LOT higher that that. But, nice try. (Do you work for CNN?)

Old 05-29-2017, 05:55 PM

4,587 posts, read 2,599,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Well, not acknowledging that Trump is "sinking low," aren't you describing how the Left continue to support Obama, no matter how much corruption is revealed ...more every day? Spying on American citizens? Wow. That's about as bad as it gets.
Colluding with Russia is worse.

Old 05-29-2017, 05:56 PM

12,566 posts, read 10,620,001 times
Quote:
The problem you have is 1) He is not incompetent. 2) He has done nothing "behind the scenes (gosh, have you even looked at the Clintons?) that make any of us nervous. I'm quite confident that this phony investigation, which has turned up NOTHING so far, will never turn up anything, and in the end will be an albatross around the neck of Democrats.

You people had better wise up.
I think you need to wise up and realize that he isn't going to get anything done that he promised during his campaign. He is not and will not be the best president in our short history.

I honestly hope I am wrong and he achieves everything he said he would do but I am not confident at all about those prospects. We all win if he just does his job right.

Old 05-29-2017, 05:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
So libs, what candiate do you plan to put out in 2020? Or do you feel that you got this nonmayyer what ?
They'll probably try Hillary again! LOL

Old 05-29-2017, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Do you have concrete Proof?

Old 05-29-2017, 05:58 PM

Quote:
Hate to tell you, but his approval is a LOT higher that that. But, nice try. (Do you work for CNN?)
Can you provide us his approval rating from a source that you approve of?

Old 05-29-2017, 05:59 PM

18,461 posts, read 7,092,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
The Republicans blew it big time in the primaries. The better options were there, not with Clinton or Bernie. I'd been very happy voting for Kasich against any Democrat this year.

As far as Trump's support, whether they support him right now is not the question. It's whether they support him if and when more details keep coming out. I mean, the GOP supported Nixon right up until he day they stopped supporting him. That's likely to happen with Trump, too. The closer we get to the mid terms, the more we'll know what kind of support he really has.

I don't know what will happen between now and then. I just know that political support is often very fleeting.
At that point, if it ever comes, it will be Pence.

Dems might want to be careful what they wish for.

Old 05-29-2017, 06:00 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,941,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
I voted for Rand Paul in the primaries.

But Trump got the nomination.......so it is what it is. Run what ya brung, as the saying goes.

What more do you want from Trump voters?

Do you expect them to turn Democrat?

Don't hold your breath.
Nope, I for one do not expect any True Republican to become a Democrat, heck I am neither.

What I would like, and since you are a Paul fan I might expect more honesty, is for One supporter to admit that we as Americans made an awful mistake putting this guy in the Whitehouse. I am not saying we should have supported Hillary, I am saying the GOP did this to themselves by having so many candidates, and that worked is favor. Maybe not today, or tomorrow, but the deeper this goes I would hope that at least a couple of you would be honest enough to admit that the GOP screwed up big time this time around by letting this guy in your Party to begin with. Maybe a better vetting procedure to run for the GOP nomination is in order, something simple like have been a member of the GOP for at least 4 years, that alone would have dealt with the issue, just a suggestion, but pass it on if you think it has merit.

Old 05-29-2017, 06:06 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,264,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
I voted for Rand Paul in the primaries.

But Trump got the nomination.......so it is what it is. Run what ya brung, as the saying goes.

What more do you want from Trump voters?

Do you expect them to turn Democrat?

Don't hold your breath.
I don't see why not.

Not turn... but, vote.

This is why I do not get party loyalty.

It's stupid. Parties are arbitrary.

People are not.

I vote for the candidate, regardless of party, that I either like or that is the one that is most qualified, whether I like that candidate or not.

Case in point... I voted for W in 2000. I did not like Gore.

I voted Kerry in 2004. I didn't like Kerry, but W's administration needed to go.

So, yeah. I don't vote party.

Period.

Being an independent allows one to vote for the better candidate in a strategic fashion.

Trump is a horrible president.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies