Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-07-2017, 10:46 AM

5,481 posts, read 8,579,715 times

Advertisements

Gay's claim that all they want is to be accepted in society as "normal" people, yet it seems to me that they go out of their way every chance they get to show how "different" they really are.

They should be the first ones protesting this new "gay themed" fries.

Old 06-07-2017, 10:47 AM

33,387 posts, read 34,847,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
So Mcdonald's is going to release gay theme fries. Coming soon! Your fries will come in a cool rainbow colored box in order of gay pride month!

First of all, if I was an investor in McDonalds, I would be pissed. Mcdonalds could be looking at some boycotts over their rainbow fries. Why do these companies feel the need to have a position on social issues? You make fast food. No one wants to go to Mcdonalds to hear or see a message about gay pride. They just want the food that they are used to. Such a move serves no benefit business wise as people like Christians may choose to no longer do business there. It just shows there is a liberal agenda at play here even at the cost of making money.

I don't want to go to Mcdonalds and see some barrier that says, "check out our gay fries in fun rainbow colors because being gay is fun and cool!" Of course, they will say they are only showing support for the gay community, but I see it as marking a specific message especially to kids.

Most Christians including myself don't care how someone wants to live their life as long as they are not causing harm to others. But these marketing ploy is just another growing instance of the LGBT community forcing a pro-gay message onto the public. Just give me fries.
if you were an investor in mcdonalds, i doubt you would be upset over this. this promotion is only going to last what, a month? how many times has mcdonalds lost money on a promotion? what does it matter that they are celebrating gay pride month?

i dont go to mcdonalds much any more, havent for sometime. but if it upsets people who think that mcdonalds shouldnt be doing things like this, perhaps this month i will frequent mcdonalds more often.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicet4 View Post
Remember when the left boycotted Chick-fil-A? Was that a form of mental illness?
some on the left called for a boycott of chick fil a, but it backfired on them, and so will this one.

Old 06-07-2017, 10:47 AM

8,168 posts, read 3,128,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Bully View Post
Will the fries themselves have bell ends and a mayo filling?
Not to be confused with the "secret sauce".

Old 06-07-2017, 10:49 AM

10,097 posts, read 10,013,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtnluver8956 View Post
Calling a mother crying who lost her child a false actor paid by the government is a American tradition?

And I thought I heard it all....
That's not the point and you know it. Take the 'feels' out here for a moment. I said that despite his vileness, it doesn't mean the left can just conjure up a total lie and smear him with it for retribution. That is my point. That the left are just going all out in some deranged cultural war to undermine anyone that disagrees with them by using any tactic.

And yes, that kooky false flag stuff is an American tradition. In the sense that being critical of the government and believing in conspiracies is as old as the John Birch Society. They've been saying all sorts of stuff are false flags.

It sucks but why are people so easily ready to throw the first knife?

Old 06-07-2017, 10:49 AM

21,867 posts, read 25,154,836 times
McDonald's doesn't give a crap about LGBT anything. They just figure they'll engender more good will with gay fries than they will lose. They're probably right. Am I likely to go out and buy some McDonald's because of gay fries? No. I go there maybe one or twice a year for breakfast. They'd get me in more often if the food wasn't so bad. Not bad for you. I eat fast food more than twice a year. It's just usually In-in-Out of Five Guys for burgers. Carl's Junior in a pinch. The $6 burgers aren't actually that good but they're still way better than McDonald's.

Old 06-07-2017, 10:50 AM

10,920 posts, read 6,912,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
On the same level of being two things that people find morally wrong, yes it is.
Haha....wutttt?...

Old 06-07-2017, 10:51 AM

15,546 posts, read 12,024,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffer6583 View Post
I agree 1000%. Why do we have to have special days or months to celebrate something?
Yeah! Lets also get rid of Christmas and Easter, why have special days to celebrate a religion? Fourth of July? No special day to celebrate are country. Mothers and fathers? Nope, no special days for them either.

And I guess we should also be getting rid of Memorial day and Veterans day since those are also special days in celebration of certain people.

Columbus Day, MLK day, Presidents Day, Valentines Day, St Patrick's day, Labor Day, Flag Day, NYE, birthdays, anniversaries, and all those other days of celebrations should also be gone.

Old 06-07-2017, 10:51 AM

10,920 posts, read 6,912,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
I don't eat at McD's so I could care less about the packaging of their fries. I also could care less who marries who. I could also care less on if a person is gay or not. The issue I have is why is their a gay pride month ? Same question for another other "pride" day or month. The perception I get from all these different pride months is that whatever group is trying to differentiate themselves from everyone else. Why ? Why don't people just go about their lives and just enjoy their time here on this planet ?
Historically, these groups were not as free to live their lives as they are now. "Pride" days/months are now a celebration - but were once a protestation by a group of people that felt persecuted/mistreated.

These events aren't that long ago - only a few decades.

I see your larger point - and I agree to an extent. That said, I don't think it is wrong to celebrate our differences in a way that is inclusive. Anyone and everyone is welcome to participate in pride events. They can be pretty fun, actually. And I'm about as straight as they come.

Celebration of differences doesn't mean we are becoming more separated - if anything, if you celebrate and educate everyone on all of the diversity of the world, you have a better world that is more understanding/empathetic. You create common ground and allow people to relate to one another.

Old 06-07-2017, 10:53 AM

7,275 posts, read 5,286,513 times
Whether it's the LGBT community, or BLM, or being a woman, etc., the sad part about this country is anyone other than a stereotypical white American male struggles for acceptance and equality. I can't blame these groups of people for continuing to put out awareness in any way they can. It's because human beings suck that such things like "McDonald's Gay Fries" occurring.

Old 06-07-2017, 10:54 AM

15,546 posts, read 12,024,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malloric View Post
Am I likely to go out and buy some McDonald's because of gay fries? No.
You mean you're not going to hop on a plane, fly to DC, amd visit a McDonalds along the Pride parade route? I'm shocked!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies