Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-07-2017, 11:25 AM

5,658 posts, read 6,277,759 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
Yeah! Lets also get rid of Christmas and Easter, why have special days to celebrate a religion? Fourth of July? No special day to celebrate are country. Mothers and fathers? Nope, no special days for them either.

And I guess we should also be getting rid of Memorial day and Veterans day since those are also special days in celebration of certain people.

Columbus Day, MLK day, Presidents Day, Valentines Day, St Patrick's day, Labor Day, Flag Day, NYE, birthdays, anniversaries, and all those other days of celebrations should also be gone.
Ha! I actually would love it if that were the way things were, but it'll never be. Oh well, carry on.

Old 06-07-2017, 11:28 AM

10,087 posts, read 5,736,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernTiger View Post
If you don't like it, don't buy the fries. It's that simple.

I don't know why some people get this riled up over stuff like this.

If it involved something that you did find morally wrong then I doubt you would be so dismissive.

Old 06-07-2017, 11:28 AM

6,957 posts, read 8,493,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinm View Post
There is nothing "normal" about using a bathroom stall or shrub as a bedroom. As Morton Downey Jr. once said "The anus is an exit not an entrance".
Maybe good ol' dead Morton should have followed his own advice and figured out that "The Lungs shouldn't be used as a cigarette filter"!

Old 06-07-2017, 11:30 AM

10,087 posts, read 5,736,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
What if McDonald's placed a picture of the nativity scene on every box of fries during December?
I bet the liberal pro-gay crowd would throw a hissy fit if Mcdonald's printed Bible verses on their box.

Old 06-07-2017, 11:32 AM

7,275 posts, read 5,286,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Yeah, instead they have to struggle with people viewing them as a stereotype out to treat women and minorities as unfairly as possible. You know, like you just did.
I did nothing of the sort. I made an observation of national perception, and it's clear this is still how it is today. Not everyone place people on different levels (I don't), but just look at the workforce or the news or whatever.

Old 06-07-2017, 11:37 AM

5,658 posts, read 6,277,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
I bet the liberal pro-gay crowd would throw a hissy fit if Mcdonald's printed Bible verses on their box.
Yes, I bet some people would be up in arms. I think you're absolutely right. I would say the same thing to them:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nepenthe View Post
Fast Food Restaurant X could put a swastika, crucifix, ankh, AR-15, "COEXIST," GOP elephant, Democrat donkey, hammer-and-sickle, US flag, cannabis leaf, or whatever on their fry box and the correct answer would likely still be the same, for anyone -- just don't buy it and/or don't go if you don't like it.

Old 06-07-2017, 11:39 AM

6,957 posts, read 8,493,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
Geeezus was a snowflake! Get over it!

Old 06-07-2017, 11:41 AM

52,431 posts, read 26,636,151 times
I fully support McDonalds right to sell fries in rainbow colored boxes to commemorate Gay Pride.

If some people don't like it, then don't eat there. It really isn't a hard concept.

I don't eat there because their food, including the fries, is pretty bad, but I still support them on this.

(BTW, it looks as if this is only going to be in a select few restaurants in DC for a short while.)

Old 06-07-2017, 11:42 AM

15,546 posts, read 12,024,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffer6583 View Post
Overreact much? I wasn't talking about holidays, genius. Try reading up on Valentines Day and what really happened.
You know Jesus wasn't born on December 25th.

Everyday we should be celebrating our mothers, fathers, veterans, MLK, our country etc. Some of other special days have been set aside so the greeting card companies can sell more cards.
Oh so its just gays that shouldn't be able to have a celebration?

Old 06-07-2017, 11:42 AM

3,440 posts, read 2,528,145 times
McDonalds is a global business and tries to meet the needs of every market it serves from East Bugf**k Texas to P-Town, Mass and all points in between. I'm pretty sure in East Bugf**k, there aint going to be any curly fries in rainbow boxes, however in P-Town it may be all the rage. So they try to be an inclusive community business and employer, Employee Engagement & Diversity - McDonald's :: McDonald it's their policy. If McD's violates your values, then boycott them, it's your right. If their diversity model is too liberal for the community it serves, that store will under perform and eventually go out of business. For me as a Libertarian, as long as your not harming me or anyone else, what you do is your business, if McD's wants to acknowledge gay pride in select markets, then I believe those markets are calling for that attention. No-one is forcing it on anyone, it's your right and your decision to patronize them or not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies