Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-13-2017, 09:00 AM

51,655 posts, read 25,850,631 times

Advertisements

It's an admission of guilt to be sure, but if Trump fires Mueller, will the GOP back his play?

Republicans are showing a little gumption with the Russian sanction legislation they are working on. Hope they don't get carried away and dump Trump prematurely.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2017, 09:05 AM

16,604 posts, read 8,625,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by biggunsmallbrains View Post
Trump neutered the GOP. Except for very few exceptions, they look like a bunch of servile lap dogs for Trump. Party over patriotism should be their motto. Ironic for the flag waving caucus.
Hypocrisy, thy name is leftist.

The liberals are clearly a group that thinks the ends justifies the means, and puts party ahead of the interests of this country.
I was listening to a senior Democrat Senator and he was going on about how 6 or 7 things needed to be looked into by the SP, even though that is not what Mueller was appointed to do.
Yet this same Democrat never called for a SP for all the actual crimes Obama & Co engaged in. Whether it be "Fast & Furious", Hillary's scandals, Lynch's obstruction of justice, etc., etc,. etc.

Funny how the Democrats framed anything against Obama as racial witch hunt, yet they want to bring Trump down for this false narrative the made up about Russian collusion. Heck the low information voters actually believed the Russians somehow altered votes by hacking the machines, all at Trumps behest.
Yet the Democrats who know better are all too happy to let that false impression linger.

Talk about party over country.

Old 06-13-2017, 09:10 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,949,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post

The liberals are clearly a group that thinks the ends justifies the means, and puts party ahead of the interests of this country.
I was listening to a senior Democrat Senator and he was going on about how 6 or 7 things needed to be looked into by the SP, even though that is not what Mueller was appointed to do.
Yet this same Democrat never called for a SP for all the actual crimes Obama & Co engaged in. Whether it be "Fast & Furious", Hillary's scandals, Lynch's obstruction of justice, etc., etc,. etc.

Funny how the Democrats framed anything against Obama as racial witch hunt, yet they want to bring Trump down for this false narrative the made up about Russian collusion. Heck the low information voters actually believed the Russians somehow altered votes by hacking the machines, all at Trumps behest.
Yet the Democrats who know better are all too happy to let that false impression linger.

Yes, low information voters, those that believe 3 Million Illegals voted in California and ignore the facts whenever it displeases them, seems the Dems have no monopoly in that area or in Hypocrisy.

Talk about Politician over Nation

Old 06-13-2017, 09:16 AM

32,816 posts, read 19,500,230 times
I don't see trump firing the newest FBI director/SP....trump isn't that stupid

Old 06-13-2017, 09:26 AM

13,694 posts, read 9,018,075 times
From what I have read, technically the only person that can 'fire' Mr. Mueller is Mr. Rosenstein (since Mr. Sessions recused himself) whom hired Mr. Mueller.

Mr. Rosenstein is, as I write, testifying before the Senate Appropriations Committee, and is quoted as saying that he sees no reason to fire Mr. Mueller.

Of course, we all know that President Nixon's Saturday Night Massacre was due to his desire to fire Mr. Cox, but he could not do so, himself, and so he asked the Attorney General (resigned) and the Deputy AG (resigned) to do so, before asking Mr. Bork (whether he asked others and was refused, is unknown).

I suppose Mr. Trump could fire Mr. Rosenstein, and then find someone to do the deed.

I will note that Mr. Trump is apparently tweeting that the news (concerning his friend, Christopher Ruddy) about his wanting to fire Mr. Mueller is false. As usual, things are confused. Sean Spicer said:

"Mr. Ruddy never spoke to the President regarding this issue. With respect to this subject, only the President or his attorneys are authorized to comment."

The deputy press secretary said: "Chris speaks for himself."

So, I guess Mr. Trump is saying that his friend, Mr. Ruddy, is a liar (whom spoke of this twice, on camera).

If I were Mr. Ruddy, I would re-examine my friendship with Mr. Trump.

Old 06-13-2017, 10:00 AM

21,430 posts, read 7,466,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Man the call has gone out to really go after Mueller. He must be finding stuff.
It seems the attack dogs have been released. Surrogates are out there setting the tone ...

Old 06-13-2017, 10:04 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,558,965 times
Talking Let me inject a simple fact...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post

...into this pitiful little screed.

FACT:

Dems are irrelevant. They're powerless. The GOP controls practically the entire USA. They own the entire federal govt and a wide majority of states.

Pubs just LOVE to brag about how Dems "have lost 1000 elected seats across the country" in recent years.

So, relax.

Rejoice in your big victory.

Cheer up!

Old 06-13-2017, 10:04 AM

7,150 posts, read 4,909,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
I don't see trump firing the newest FBI director/SP....trump isn't that stupid
Hahahahahahaha! Of COURSE he's that stupid. I really wish he would fire Mueller as it would move things along towards impeachment that much faster.

Old 06-13-2017, 10:12 AM

21,430 posts, read 7,466,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariadne22 View Post
This stuff is better than any whodunit by a mile
Hopefully NOVA will do a special on this.

Old 06-13-2017, 10:16 AM

33,572 posts, read 18,177,840 times
I never trusted Paul Ryan, Lindsey Graham or McCain since Trump became president. Those Rino's would love for a Mueller set up to take Trump out. This is what the Rinos wanted from the beginning.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies