Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2017, 09:10 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,949,873 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnOurWayHome View Post
Trump's lawyer apparently hinted that it was possible. Since Mueller is so well respected on both sides of the aisle, and since this administration had considered him for fbi director, do you think this GOP congress would speak out against it?
I doubt that trump actually has the legal power to fire the SP since he did set him up in the position. I hope he does, it would assure that trump is on the way out, the backlash from the People would be deafening, meaning the Repubs would actually have no choice but to act or lose their nice jobs in Congress.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2017, 09:12 AM

12,970 posts, read 9,666,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
Let's face facts, Trumpees, Jesus Christ himself could be appointed as the head of this investigation, and you guys would still spin it toward him being not suited . "Well, if Jesus was so smart, why did he stick around and let them crucify him ?"

Mueller is the best man they could have chosen for this post. We know you would prefer Newt Gingrich, but that ain't gonna happen. Now, if Trump should be so stupid as to try to get rid of Mueller, that would seal his coffin right there on the spot........there would be no questions, on either side, that he was simply playing Dictator and eliminating all his detractors. You could not even begin to imagine the outcry from everyone if he pulled such a dumb trick.

Even Donald Trump is not THAT stupid ! (I think)
Lol, I agree with that.

Old 06-12-2017, 09:15 AM

15,706 posts, read 11,782,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnOurWayHome View Post
Trump's lawyer apparently hinted that it was possible. Since Mueller is so well respected on both sides of the aisle, and since this administration had considered him for fbi director, do you think this GOP congress would speak out against it?
It's political suicide to get rid of Mueller. It's straight out of the Nixon playbook and will end in Impeachment.

Old 06-12-2017, 09:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
Both Democrats and Republicans said the same thing about Comey and look what a weakling, and dirt bag, leaker he turned out to be.

If Mueller had integrity he would have turned down the appointment. He can't be unbiased on someone who has been describe as his best friend and portage.
Yawn... Comey didn't leak anything. Get your facts straight instead of relying of Fox. Even the Republicans trust Comey's testimony over the pathological liar Trump.

Old 06-12-2017, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WIHS2006 View Post
^ this

I don't think even Trump is THAT stupid. He's a pretty dense fool ... but I am sure he's heard of Watergate and what happened after Nixon fired Archibald Cox.
No, I don't think he knows about Watergate. If he did, he wouldn't have fired Comey either. Trump is truly dumb enough to fire Mueller.

Old 06-12-2017, 09:28 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,916,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Nope. Because if they fail to do anything about it people WILL react badly. If you think the Democrats were upset before, this would actually be people as many here accuse them of being.

And most Republicans would know something was up as well.

Once Trump starts doing stuff like that nothing good will happen.
Exactly. Only Trump supporters will vote R. The House WILL go blue and even the Senate may likely get blue enough for an impeachment vote in 2019. Plus McCain and Graham aren't up for re-election and neither like Trump...

Old 06-12-2017, 09:30 AM

34,300 posts, read 15,668,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
No, I don't think he knows about Watergate. If he did, he wouldn't have fired Comey either. Trump is truly dumb enough to fire Mueller.
Opinion is not fact. I hope someone sends Comey some flex tape so he can stop the leaking. I rest my case.

Old 06-12-2017, 09:33 AM

8,059 posts, read 3,949,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prophet619 View Post
I think your reality filter is broken. It's probably too late, but you should try to get a new one.
Watch and learn... there is a political reason for why Democrats are suddenly calling for congressional investigations of Loretta Lynch.

Old 06-12-2017, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
Opinion is not fact. I hope someone sends Comey some flex tape so he can stop the leaking. I rest my case.
He didn't leak anything. Stop telling lies.

Old 06-12-2017, 09:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultor View Post
Watch and learn... there is a political reason for why Democrats are suddenly calling for congressional investigations of Loretta Lynch.
No one cares about Loretta Lynch. More deflection so you guys can ignore the elephant in the room and continue supporting treason.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies