Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-14-2017, 07:33 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,797,346 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nor Cal Wahine View Post
My husband and I just discussed the *same* thing. It's possible that he showed up ready to kill regardless of whom was on the field. Speculation at this point is pretty pointless.

I'm a little jarred by the eyewitness account of Scalise dragging himself 50 feet through the dirt, leaving a trail of blood. This is just shocking.
Some media guests speculating the shooter came prepared to shoot and may have been unaware / out of area, that Congress used the field for practice. Reportedly, there is an adjacent dog park packed with lots of people in the morning.

Obviously more will be known as this unfolds.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2017, 07:34 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,040,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinMtAiry View Post
I came here just to see. And sure enough instead of recognizing this was the act of a deranged individual, an attack on our country regardless of the target, and a very tragic day for ALL Americans the usual suspects turn it into a partisan attack on the left. Good grief, if I was posting here on the day after 9/11 I'm sure these same people would be claiming the Libs were cheering on the terrorists.

Such a shame that our country has fallen to this level.
Given that reports are that the shooter asked which party was on the field and then started shooting that adds a political component to a horrific act...

Old 06-14-2017, 07:35 AM

9,267 posts, read 5,129,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
Then why did he ask and furthermore why didn't he go to the Dems field? Given the reports so far this was a targeted shooting.

I wonder where the shooter is from? Given that D.C. is a gun free zone it couldn't be from there...
Virginia isn't in DC. Most of us in Virginia are gun owners, and 400,000-plus carry.

Old 06-14-2017, 07:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by finalmove View Post
Virginia isn't in DC. Most of us in Virginia are gun owners, and 400,000-plus carry.
Thanks for the information!

Old 06-14-2017, 07:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
Who told him they would be there at 7:00A? That's what I would like to know.

This is the first time I've seen my Congressman's name mentioned in a news story.
They have been practicing most early mornings for the past month. Happens every year in anticipation of the bipartisan charity event.

Old 06-14-2017, 07:38 AM

FOX just showed a picture of the Democrats baseball field where all of the members had their heads bowed in prayer.
Now that's class and putting life over politics!

12,906 posts, read 15,675,760 times
I have to wonder if this man, carrying an assault rifle, would have just turned around and gone home if he was told that Democrats were on the field? He seemed prepared to go. I find it unlikely that he would have gotten the answer "Democrats are out there.." and said "Gee thanks" and headed over to Starbucks. I find it interesting that he EVEN KNEW that politicians of any side were on the ball field. If he knew enough to know that much, how he didn't know the party playing is interesting. Can't wait till the details are out there.

7,413 posts, read 6,236,480 times
Anyone think it's coincidence that the healthcare bill was to be voted on today and the congressman shot, Trump supporter and fourth most powerful person in Washington, is the one who collects the votes.

Old 06-14-2017, 07:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
If the shooter didn't care who it was - why even ask? He would just start firing away.

They had been coming to practice for two months. He probably already knew who it was, and wanted to make sure.
No one knows, at this point, if the shooter was the one posing the question.

Regardless, the shooter was armed and intended to do harm, this morning.

Old 06-14-2017, 07:42 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,959,589 times
First off: My condolences and prayers go out to the Congressmen and their Families and best wishes for a speedy recover.

Secondly: Kudos to all of you here that have simply reported what is know and expressed your disgust with such violence, and expressed you sympathies to those hurt and their families, Well Done.

Thirdly: To all you Speculators and those claiming this is anything other than some nutjob with a gun acting out in a terrible way, Shame on All of You. You do not have the facts and no matter what, this is not a indictment of all Lefties because one person went off the rails, for you to make this into some sort of right verses left thing is disgusting. As I mentioned to a poster yesterday, there was a time when horrible events such as this took place in the past we rallied together in unity to face those aggressor's, but in todays world we now blame each other and separate even further which diminishes us all as a People.

Forth: As it looks right now we probably have more proof that the mental health issues in this Nation need to be addressed, sane people do not just go out and start people and they do not go from sane to crazy in one day, we need to address this issue or we Will see more of this, especially in todays volatile environment.

Wait for the story to unfold in it's entirety and then comment on the facts as we know them.
My 2 Cents worth.....

God Bless America
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies