Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-17-2017, 08:12 AM

6,897 posts, read 4,753,334 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WIHS2006 View Post
Completely disgusted by this outcome regarding the shooting of Castile, there is NO excuse for what happened. This was accidental manslaughter plain and simple. I am a White guy and a moderate, center-right conservative but it's become quite clear to me that we have a problem in the justice system in regards to how minorities, Blacks in particular, are treated compared to Whites. Oh and spare me the crap about how the cop is Hispanic. I know that already. The problem here is that this trigger happy cop panicked and shot an innocent man ... who by the way informed the officer that he was carrying a legally registered concealed pistol on his person.

We need much stricter (and independent) accountability of the police in this country combined with uniform hiring and training standards that encourage applicants with college degrees, and discourage those with military service. No offense to veterans but policing is not the military, the police are not an occupying army. The police in this country have become too militarized.
No he did not, he informed the cop he had a firearm, the fact he had an LTC did not become known until after he was shot.

Old 06-17-2017, 08:14 AM

6,897 posts, read 4,753,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
A robbery that happened four days beforehand.

He says that Castile had "a wide set nose."

I'll definitely be sending financial support to BLM from now on.

Good, because I ain't voting Republican.

The NRA supports Repubs. Where are they?

I'm now in full support of BLM, morally and financially.
You might as well donate to the KKK.

Old 06-17-2017, 08:15 AM

39,228 posts, read 27,611,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by treasurefinder View Post
How about mandatory training for police officers when interacting with POC?

How can you do exactly what they tell you to do when they shoot as soon as they get on to the scene?
What is wrong with you?

why did you only quote part of my post ? It is funny that you purposely left out the bold part of my post, and only quoted the first and the last paragraph.

This is my entire post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
It's my personal belief that there should be mandatory education in America about how to interact with police officers. This is by no means a suggestion that Mr. Castile did anything wrong. He most certainly did not deserve what happened to him. I think that education may help prevent future tragedies.

When interacting with police officers, you need to do exactly what they tell you to do. You do not ever want to do anything that may cause an officer to fear for his safety or the safety of others. They put their lives on the line every single day. Many officers have been killed during traffic stops.

This said, I think this particular officer should have gone into another line of work.

We can have an armed society with excellent police officers, or a disarmed society with the nervous jumpy officers. But when we have an armed society with the officers like Yanez, you get a dead Mr. Castile, and a scared officer screeching like a prepubescent child.

Sad.

Old 06-17-2017, 08:16 AM

31,848 posts, read 17,615,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredcop111 View Post
Apparently the jury felt he was credible. Hence a NOT GUILTY!!!!
Is that what you've said about OJ?

Old 06-17-2017, 08:21 AM

1,805 posts, read 2,367,774 times
"why don't black people vote republican????"

Old 06-17-2017, 08:24 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,206,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Pigs in a blanket fry'em like bacon...<<<<who said this? Were you cool with this? Of course you are....

What do you want the NRA to say?
Does the NRA support law abiding gun owners or not?

Castile was a law abiding gun owner who'd committed no crime.

What does the NRA usually say about the right of law abiding citizen's right to firearms? Tell me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly Addams View Post
Why do you keep asking me questions? I already said I don't know all of the facts.

Just admit you can't prove your accusation.
I didn't make an accusation. I stated a fact based on simple deduction.

A man with the right to carry a firearm that had committed no crime was killed. What part of that statement is an accusation? "
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
That's his way...you can ask him questions all day long and he just won't answer...but he'll attempt to seem like he is right....

If you've never had an encounter with dd.....well you can DM me, and I'll give the real story.....
"DM me?"

You a dude or a chick? I'm not sure. Inviting someone to DM you to gossip about another poster has a Perez Hilton or Ted Casablanca quality to it.

You're an editor of Teen Beat or The Star now? When did you become an aspiring gossip columnist?

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeddy View Post
when cops have a gun pointed at you, do what they say, don't reach for your own gun or anything else. Pretty simple concept, otherwise you'll be shot.
The cop had a gun pointed at him although he'd committed no crime? Really? That's a new wrinkle.

Why did the cop have a pistol drawn on a non criminal cafeteria manager?

Old 06-17-2017, 08:24 AM

3,251 posts, read 2,554,212 times
Clearly the police do not respect the 2nd amendment. This man was shot for no other reason than legally possessing a firearm.

Old 06-17-2017, 08:26 AM

25,848 posts, read 16,532,741 times
Quote:
Philando Castile wasn't resisting arrest. He wasn't being arrested.

He was sitting in his own car and was murdered.

He was a legal gun owner exercising his right to carry a firearm. Does the Second Amendment apply to African Americans?
After much expert testimony the very liberal jury disagreed with you. But please keep stirring the pot. You must really miss Obama, he would have done this for you.

Old 06-17-2017, 08:27 AM

3,051 posts, read 2,599,516 times
Quote:
I didn't make an accusation. I stated a fact based on simple deduction.

A man with the right to carry a firearm that had committed no crime was killed. What part of that statement is an accusation? "
You spend so much time deflecting it is ridiculous...

Quote:
Having a broken tail light while having a "wide set nose" is why Castile is dead.
Prove this.

Old 06-17-2017, 08:27 AM

39,228 posts, read 27,611,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheesesteak Cravings View Post
Clearly the police do not respect the 2nd amendment. This man was shot for no other reason than legally possessing a firearm.
I agree with you.

Like I posted earlier, officers can only use deadly force (shoot someone) under certain terms. These terms include: resistance to arrest, fleeing from arrest, suspicion of felony, and immediate threat. These terms still need further proper justification and evidence, and by law, Deadly Force is still last resort. If we take those three terms and compare them to the Castille situation, none of them are evident.

The officer was not trying to arrest him so there goes the first two. Say there was a suspicion of felony, the only way the officer could do that, given that he was in a vehicle, would be if the officer told them to pull over and if Castille had refused. This clearly didn’t happen since Castille pulled over, and cooperated with the officer by reaching for his license, so that doesn’t justify the shooting. Castille was not an immediate threat to the officer and those around him. He did have a firearm but he had the right to have one.

The only way his firearm would’ve been an immediate threat is if he were to be holding it in his hand, if the officer told him to put it away and if he didn’t obey. None of these situations were involved so the officer shouldn’t have shot him.

and Officers are taught all of this in training I believe. This particular Yanez character seemed to be a nervous unstable fellow (of course this is just my opinion of him.) His screaming and shouting was annoying and he acted like a scared kid to be completely honest.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies