Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2017, 02:33 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,624,265 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
I get my news from Zero Hedge, Alex Jones, and the John Birch Society.

Bout time you woke up and got Red Pilled.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2017, 02:34 PM

9,742 posts, read 4,495,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
The NY Times, the Washington Post, CNN, all in a freefall. Not a good time for yellow journalism.
Any you know this how? The first thing one does when deciding the health of a company is to look at their financials and do a valuation. In the case of NYT they show a profit, their assets far exceed their liabilities. So on the surface they are doing fine.

No show me your evidence of all these businesses failing.

Old 06-29-2017, 02:41 PM

Originally Posted by BentBow
Trump has a long line of casualties of those that stepped into the ring with him, to go toe-to-toe. Sometimes, come to find out, he had both hands tied behind his back and still mopped the floor with them.

You would think they learned their lesson
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
Really? Could you please list them?
Was it 15 guys and one gal that all got cute nicknames, as he destroyed them.
Low energy Bush, was the nail in the coffin in the Bush Dynasty. You should thank Trump for that.
Destroyed the Clinton Dynasty. We all thank Trump for that.
Slapped Obama up side the head, with more to come
Put the DNC near extinction and dead broke. Total tailspin, shot down by a Russian Mig
And now, the Communist propaganda machine, the NY Times confirmed as fake news and less viewers and credibility than Alex Jones.

Old 06-29-2017, 02:42 PM

52,431 posts, read 26,628,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vacoder View Post
Not a personal attack.....
You make it about Waldokitty and presume to tell me what I am unable to understand. It's a personal attack. But I forgive you. It's obvious you don't wish to address the fact that the staff is walking out because of what the management is doing to the failing paper.

Old 06-29-2017, 02:42 PM

8,418 posts, read 7,414,580 times
New York Times Employees Walk Out As Layoffs Loom | HuffPost

A fifteen minute walk out led by copy editors protesting staffing cuts being pursued by the paper's management.

Old 06-29-2017, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by northshorenative View Post
Indeed, the NYT is restructuring and staff is protesting the changes. Staff hate changes.

The Times has far more editors relative to reporters or to the number of stories we publish than any of our traditional print peers or our newer digital rivals,†they added. “After this restructuring, we will continue to invest far more in editing than any of our competitors do.â€

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/06/29/b...test-cuts.html

Are they "failing"? There's no evidence of that except in the minds of a certain sort.

They got confirmed as FAKE NEWS under oath in a Congressional testimony, with facts to back it up.
I bet they are restructuring and cleaning house.

Old 06-29-2017, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
You make it about Waldokitty and presume to tell me what I am unable to understand. It's a personal attack. But I forgive you. It's obvious you don't wish to address the fact that the staff is walking out because of what the management is doing to the failing paper.
They think they know best and do the thinking for everyone around here. Afterall, they are intellectual.

Old 06-29-2017, 02:46 PM

447 posts, read 557,951 times
Quote:
Personal attack. This means you can't address the fact that the NY Times is failing. i.e. Laying off staff, selling off assets, getting rid of floorspace.
Really? Is low IQ a personal attack?

Old 06-29-2017, 02:47 PM

9,742 posts, read 4,495,432 times
Quote:
How is it a personal attack? The ability to read a financial statement is not a requirement to get through life.

As far as employees protesting over staff reductions (which is what I read), again, that does not equate to a failing business. How many successful fortune 500 companies have periodic layoffs. It is extremely common in publicly traded companies.

Old 06-29-2017, 03:13 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,738,058 times
Quote:
Trump called it right yet again.

The Mexican owned blog called the NY Times is falling apart. Now the entire editorial staff is walking out because they hate what the management is doing to the paper. (Better let Carlos Slim know)
Indeed, morale is so low at the NYT that its reporters and editors said they actually feel more respected by readers than by management. The letters referenced an internal report in which the copy editors were compared to dogs urinating on fire hydrants.

Bad days at the NY Times indeed. Big lawsuit filed by Sarah Palin, now staff is revolting. Like CNN they are a sinking ship.

Rebellion At The NYTimes: Newsroom To Walk Out After "Decrying Direction Of Paper" | Zero Hedge
Slims owns about 17% of stock. He bought at 6.36 and shares are now valued at 17.80. He has no influence on reporting.

Institutions and mutual funds combined own about 70% of shares.

It's a tad more than a blog but you knew that when you posted.

Dozens of NYT employees walked out for 15 minutes in what their union called a " collective coffee break"

They walked out because of the buyout offer to the most senior with layoffs to follow if enough do not take the offer.

Similar scenarios have been played out in corporate America for decades. A similar walkout at the WSJ occured last year. Prince Al- Waleed of Saudi Arabia was the second largest single shareholder of News Corp inc, parent of WSJ and Fox News. Like Slims, he exerted no editorial control.

The big lawsuit by Sarah Palin that you referred to is seeking $75,000. Her recent books, reality TV, and hopes that Trump would appoint her have bombed.

Most print media could only hope to have the circulation numbers of the WSJ and NYT.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies