Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-03-2017, 10:18 PM

6,542 posts, read 4,094,955 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpow View Post
If Trump has spent most of his life as a liberal, and Pence has spent most of his life as an extreme conservative, then why do so many liberals want Trump impeached? Wouldn't it be even worse for liberals to have an extreme conservative like Pence take over as President? Or do they think that Hillary will somehow become the President because she came in second place? I'm not sure I understand the logic about why people keep protesting Trump's Presidency. What exactly is it that people are wanting to happen?
Just a thought, but maybe the issue is with Trump and not ideology?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2017, 10:18 PM

35,702 posts, read 21,054,375 times
do you only think via party affiliation? can only see left or right not the reality we are in regardless of libs or conservs ?? WOW

Old 07-03-2017, 10:33 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,261,787 times
Trump is mentally unstable. It becomes more obvious by the day. He is destroying the country and unfit for the office. I'm so sick of his cult making excuses for his lunacy. I don't like Pence or his politics, but at least he appears to be sane and stable. Right now, sanity is the best we can hope for. Trump will rip this country apart. He's a confrontational jackass and I'm tired of his attacks on freedom, free speech and a free press. He will be an autocratic dictator if allowed and hs stupidity and ignorance is extremely disturbing.

Old 07-03-2017, 10:36 PM

5,719 posts, read 6,447,937 times
Trump Derangement Syndome, a cousin of Obama Derangement Syndrome. Otherwise smart, rational conservatives suddenly become convinced that the POTUS was not born in the US and DEMANDED his birth certificate. Now otherwise smart, rational liberals are convinced that the POTUS is a secret agent of the Russian Federation and are DEMANDING his impeachment.

Basically, politics have become an all-or-nothing war and we are stuck in a stalemate until it stops being that. I have a few ideas but won't expound as I'm considering writing a book.

Old 07-03-2017, 10:37 PM

12,716 posts, read 7,812,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by glamatomic View Post
I don't want Trump impeached for precisely the reason the OP identified. I feel that Pence could do far more damage.
I think both Trump and Pence could do irreversible damage to this country but in different ways. It really is a gamble.

Under Trump, let's hope it's smooth sailing from here to 2020. If there is a major recession or a war, we are screwed. It will not end well with somebody like Trump at the helm.

With Pence on the other hand, I think we would be in good hands given a war or major recession. However, human rights could be set back at least 50 years.

Ultimately, I would take the Pence risk over Trump, but both are risks. Hopefully Democrats can nominate somebody decent in 2020 to end this nightmare.

Old 07-03-2017, 10:48 PM

11,046 posts, read 5,271,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
Trump is mentally unstable. It becomes more obvious by the day. He is destroying the country and unfit for the office. I'm so sick of his cult making excuses for his lunacy. I don't like Pence or his politics, but at least he appears to be sane and stable. Right now, sanity is the best we can hope for. Trump will rip this country apart. He's a confrontational jackass and I'm tired of his attacks on freedom, free speech and a free press. He will be an autocratic dictator if allowed and hs stupidity and ignorance is extremely disturbing.
explain unstable and how does his actions are affecting the country?

is he invading and occupying countries and starting new wars with regime changes and getting 50,000 Americans killed and God knows how many civilians?

is he selling arms and giving billions of dollars in aid to a country that hates us and want our destruction?

is he keeping a private server in his penthouse in New York City and being careless with classified secrets of our country?

did he lied under oath or destroyed over 30,000 emails after getting a subpoena?

is he selling the W.H. out and getting millions of dollars in return to his foundation?

is Trump sticking cigars into the vaginas and cumming on the dresses of interns in the oval office and lying about it under oath and sent his wife to lie to the public?

Is Trump sending guns across the Mexican border for the drug cartels?

is Trump using the I.R.S to go after his political opponents?

Is Trump throwing under the bus the police and law enforcement for politics and putting at risk the safety of many?

Is Trump violating the constitution and abusing his powers with endless executive orders while ignoring congress?

when Trump does 1/3 of that you let me know because you didn't have a problem when all of those things happened under Obama and the Clintons.....but Trump tweets is worse than what I listed above? LOL

Old 07-04-2017, 12:40 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,897,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion1999 View Post
Comey should have been fired in JAN/20TH....he would have been gone quicker if Hillary would have won.......NO crime in firing the Director of the FBI especially after what he did in that news conference last summer. His job is to report to the Attorney General and recommend or not to indict base on the evidence and that's the job of the the Attorney General who makes that decision or congress appoints a special prosecutor if there is a conflict of interest with the A.G......Comey had no business making that news conference and then again a few weeks before an election send that letter to congress....on that alone he should have been fired or force to resign.

The Russia thing its a joke...Russia doesn't control our media, our newspapers or the money flowing our campaigns. Russia has much influence on how voters voted last election like the former Mexican President Fox who just about endorsed Hillary Clinton, NONE!
I agree Comey should have been fired but this should have happened under Obama after the election. He wanted to out Trump and the investigation into his campaign but was told not to but then is outing Hillary's re-investigation over Anthony Wiener.

Trump kept him on. He could have fired him at any point until April when Comey previously testified in front of Congress and nobody would bat an eyelash. After that, it seemed like obstruction. Then when Trump admitted it was to end the Russia thing to both the media (in public) and to the Russians he declassified Syrian intel to (in private) it raises red flags. If you don't want this investigated at that point, you are biased. If Obama or either Clinton did this, y'all would be hypocrites wanting to crucify them.

Old 07-04-2017, 12:43 AM

6,658 posts, read 4,747,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dpow View Post
What exactly is it that people are wanting to happen?
Some people think that if Trump gets impeached and removed from office, Hillary Clinton becomes president.

Old 07-04-2017, 03:48 AM

38,642 posts, read 26,378,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vacanegro View Post
Because our president can't stop lying, and lying, and lying. I seem to remember a former President impeached for lying about a sexual encounter. This one has perhaps even committed treason - but the only thing we know for sure is that he keeps lying about it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Sorry Charley, you don't get to jump to, "it" without first proving an "it" exists.

After proving an "it" exists, you can make your case for why you think Trump caused this "it" to exist.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
That he is a Lair? Oh good grief, he lies Daily, which one do you want to discuss?

Since the lying would be ABOUT "it", your attempt at diversion failed.

"but the only thing we know for sure is that he keeps lying about it"

Old 07-04-2017, 05:27 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,199,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
I don't care if Trump is impeached or resigns, just so he goes away and takes Jared and Steve Bannon with him. I don't think Trump is fit to lead, he is not intellectually curious enough to educate himself on what his job entails and he thinks he can rule by fiat like a petty banana republic dictator.

I don't like Mike Pence's politics one little bit, but he knows how government worksand I just don't think he would do something insane like alienate us from our European partners or start a war somewhere. The worst I could see him doing would be to try to pass some kind of sharia law and require women to wear burkas and walk behind men, but I don't think our Senators are nutty enough to go along with that kind of nonsense.
It's not been working very well for a long time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies