Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-03-2017, 06:05 PM

317 posts, read 496,503 times

Advertisements

If Trump has spent most of his life as a liberal, and Pence has spent most of his life as an extreme conservative, then why do so many liberals want Trump impeached? Wouldn't it be even worse for liberals to have an extreme conservative like Pence take over as President? Or do they think that Hillary will somehow become the President because she came in second place? I'm not sure I understand the logic about why people keep protesting Trump's Presidency. What exactly is it that people are wanting to happen?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2017, 06:06 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,226,860 times
Because they can't accept losing.

Old 07-03-2017, 06:07 PM

34,059 posts, read 17,081,326 times
They can't wait til 24 for Pence.

Old 07-03-2017, 06:07 PM

5,051 posts, read 3,581,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
Because our president can't stop lying, and lying, and lying. I seem to remember a former President impeached for lying about a sexual encounter. This one has perhaps even committed treason - but the only thing we know for sure is that he keeps lying about it.

Old 07-03-2017, 06:08 PM

1,240 posts, read 2,239,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
What a terrific response!!

Old 07-03-2017, 06:08 PM

5,315 posts, read 2,114,602 times
No, they don't think Hillary will become the president
The thinking I see is that at least Pence has experience in government and knows how it works. He will have decorum and not be doing stupid stuff like trolling on Twitter.

A brief glimpse.

Old 07-03-2017, 06:12 PM

6,757 posts, read 8,582,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vacanegro View Post
Because our president can't stop lying, and lying, and lying. Perhaps even about treasonous behavior.
Just described Slick Willie Clinton to a "T", and he was impeached for lying under oath, so it boggles the mind that lying is the main thing the liberals try to bring down President Trump with when they are so accepting of it if it's one of their own.

Old 07-03-2017, 06:29 PM

5,654 posts, read 6,219,394 times
There is a flaw in your premise.

I am an independent. I sometimes vote for Republicsns, sometimes for Democrats, on occasions for folks in other parties.

I don't take impeachment lightly but it may be warranted in a case where someone is so completely off the rails as to be seemingly working against the best interests of the country for his own inetrest or petty disagreements. I want to see someone focused on policy, governing and the job at hand. Not personal aggrandizement, enrichment and petty squabbles.

From the outside looking in there is the appearance that Trump has put winning the election above all else. Above country, Above ethics. Above decency. Above the law. And if the latter is the case, I'll take someone with the country's best interests at heart - even if I disagree with him or her - above someone who would throw them to the curb for an election victory. Again, I have voted in both directions historically. But you assume it is only hard-core Democrats that question Trump's ability to lead.

Last edited by CrowGirl; 07-03-2017 at 06:35 PM.. Reason: fix typos

Old 07-03-2017, 06:36 PM

252 posts, read 124,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dpow View Post
If Trump has spent most of his life as a liberal, and Pence has spent most of his life as an extreme conservative, then why do so many liberals want Trump impeached? Wouldn't it be even worse for liberals to have an extreme conservative like Pence take over as President? Or do they think that Hillary will somehow become the President because she came in second place? I'm not sure I understand the logic about why people keep protesting Trump's Presidency. What exactly is it that people are wanting to happen?
Because Pence is an establishment republican. He won't rock the boat too much if at all. You know what to expect. President Trump is an unknown quantity. He is also a Populist Nationalist NOT a republican or a democrat.

Old 07-03-2017, 06:36 PM

4,009 posts, read 6,866,481 times
I don't want Trump impeached for precisely the reason the OP identified. I feel that Pence could do far more damage.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies