Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2017, 05:36 PM

62,965 posts, read 29,152,361 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
Is this why Trumps loves the Saudis so? And why we have so many people there teaching them how to use weapons of mass destruction that we sell them?

Color me confused. They must be good if Trump loves them and Congress and the Arms Industry want to sell them 10's of billions in Weapons of Mass Destruction and teach them how to use all of them...right?

Listening to Don the Con, I heard that the Saudis are Great -its the Iranians who are bad, bad bad. Does he have it wrong?

Yeah, you're confused alright and an apparent hater of our president. Obama was such a saint, right?

Old 07-09-2017, 07:09 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,206,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redwood66 View Post
The problem is the left has given this type of person a bigger platform and as long as she is accepted by the Hollywood and "in" crowd she will continue to be in the spotlight spewing her hatred of anything not aligning with her ideology.
No, the only problem here is that you're insecure.

Old 07-09-2017, 07:20 PM

33,571 posts, read 18,165,778 times
Deport all those who say they want jihad, sent them back to the middle east where they belong.

You know this country is in trouble when a woman has no fear to say this. The sicko left supports these radicals and puts us all in danger . It has got to stop!

Old 07-09-2017, 07:21 PM

15,865 posts, read 21,445,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Uh; just stop it, please.

ALL countries have at least a main "culture".

LatAm Spanish speaking countries: their culture's basically "Spanish" with local "flavors".

American culture: it's basically "English" with with strong Irish, German and American Indian flavors.
Well, if that's the case then I'll never assimilate either.

Granted, my family first came here in 1638, but we're clearly not of the main "American culture."

Old 07-09-2017, 07:29 PM

33,571 posts, read 18,165,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Are you people so insecure in your American heritage that you let this person get so far under your skin?

So what! It's one person.
Hitler was one person.

Old 07-09-2017, 07:52 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,678,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Yeah, you're confused alright and an apparent hater of our president. Obama was such a saint, right?
1. Trump is POTUS now. He clearly has shown greater love for dictators, oligarchs, etc.....

2. Obama was interested in better relations with Iran - so unlike Don, he didn't pick a particular "side" - that being the fundamentalist one that Don did.

3. My words are not comparing Obama to Trump - rather to question what our "culture" is. Those of you on the Right have often expressed dismay at "NYC Values" which Trump....well, he doesn't just embody them, he's far far worse than even an everyday NYC in terms of ethical and moral values.

So, yeah, it matters. So far the descriptions of "American Culture" don't make any sense. What I get from your posts is that - whatever it is (undefined) - you feel that you have some right to FORCE it upon someone else.

It would seem the Amish - who are exempt from Military Service and much more - would fit your "Non-Cultural" meme more? Of course they do....but you won't admit it because the thread and the OP is just another mooosslllleeemmm hating diatribe.

Meanwhile, Don the Cons offspring just loves that Russian money and influence and election meddling...but you approve of him and his family as "American Culture"?

No need to answer. I know you approve.

Old 07-09-2017, 08:02 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,678,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Your sarcasm and apparent ignorance of what American culture actually is, is duly noted.

No, we are no longer a nation of immigrants and haven't been for a long time now. We are nation of mostly native born U.S. citizens. Everyone born here is a native American.
Something like 45% have grandparents or parents or are themselves immigrants.

Sure, many born here...to parents who didn't speak English. I really doubt they have been busy spreading American Culture. But 45% is a very high number, IMHO.

Also, it doesn't include a vast number of African-Americans who, tho born here, were not allowed to be part of "American Culture" until very recently.

I know - facts are....fact.

I've been to a lot of places in this country and have never seen what would be called a common culture. Sure, when folks from NYC move to Miami they may like the same cars that they did up north.

In fact, one of the defining characteristic of the USA is the lack of a common culture. This was true before (why most immigrants did - and still do - live with others from their regions)...and is still true.

I'd hate to think that the Alt-Right or the Texans who allow the schoolteachers to beat their kids are "American Culture". Maybe the Opiate Crisis is American Culture? It certainly seems pervasive.

Talk to the "free men" in Idaho or the "free staters" in NH and see if they have ANYTHING in common with your average Hoosier. Maybe some of them like watching foosball on Sunday.

So I will tell Jihad Sue to watch Foosball and talk about it a lot - then she will be a real American. As it stands now - if she spends money and pays taxes, that is about as close to a common thread we share. That is, the religion of American is consumerism. This is the only thing that 80-90% of us seem to agree upon - more shopping.

Old 07-09-2017, 08:10 PM

62,965 posts, read 29,152,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
1. Trump is POTUS now. He clearly has shown greater love for dictators, oligarchs, etc.....

2. Obama was interested in better relations with Iran - so unlike Don, he didn't pick a particular "side" - that being the fundamentalist one that Don did.

3. My words are not comparing Obama to Trump - rather to question what our "culture" is. Those of you on the Right have often expressed dismay at "NYC Values" which Trump....well, he doesn't just embody them, he's far far worse than even an everyday NYC in terms of ethical and moral values.

So, yeah, it matters. So far the descriptions of "American Culture" don't make any sense. What I get from your posts is that - whatever it is (undefined) - you feel that you have some right to FORCE it upon someone else.

It would seem the Amish - who are exempt from Military Service and much more - would fit your "Non-Cultural" meme more? Of course they do....but you won't admit it because the thread and the OP is just another mooosslllleeemmm hating diatribe.

Meanwhile, Don the Cons offspring just loves that Russian money and influence and election meddling...but you approve of him and his family as "American Culture"?

No need to answer. I know you approve.

The description of our identifying culture makes no sense to you? Only if you hate what it actually is. Immigrants should be expected to assimilate into our society. Is that what you call force? Why come here if you don't want to fit in out in mainstream? I couldn't care less what culture or language one chooses to practice in the privacy of their own homes.

Wanting Muslims vetted more efficiently is not hatred. It's common sense. Wanting immigrants to come here legally and in controlled numbers that want to assimilate is not hatred either.

I couldn't care less what you think of Trump. But you're wrong about most of what you and the other lefties are claiming about him. We had to tolerate Obama for 8 years and I never came into this forum trashing him all day long either. I had to accept that he was our president whether I liked it or not. You and yours might try it.

Old 07-09-2017, 10:56 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,206,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Hitler was one person.
This might be the worst case of Reductio ad Hitlerum ever posted on CD. You should be embarrassed.

Old 07-09-2017, 11:43 PM

10,219 posts, read 15,931,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
what a great role model for U.S. muslims.
And the theme and trend toward non-assimilation is something that is pushed by the liberal left and by liberal activists. Even young African Americans today seem less integrated than the older generation. Even in some rural towns in the South, you have black youth behaving like urban thugs from the ghetto, when their parents and grandparents acted like good, God fearing country people. You have a rejection of American culture not just by the Muslims, but by illegal immigrants who are proud of their illegality and who refuse to learn the English language and demand being spoken to in Spanish and demanding we Americans give them benefits.

But Muslim non-assimilation is uniquely dangerous in terms of national security and cultural implications. There are many no-go ones in European cities where police and social services are afraid to enter due to hostility from the immigrant Muslim communities. also, no matter in what country in the world, the Muslim population is always the least integrated/assimilated into the national culture. This is true not just in the US, Europe, Canada, and Australia but in China, Russia, the Philippines, India, and Thailand which all have Islamic insurgencies and deal with Islamic terrorism. IN fact both Russia and China have very violent Muslim-majority regions, also with people who refuse to speak Russian and Chinese and insist on sharia and want to create their own Islamic states.

Last edited by Tom Lennox 70; 07-09-2017 at 11:58 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies