Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2017, 11:44 PM

10,219 posts, read 15,937,421 times

Advertisements

And Linda Sarsour also mocked the Somali woman who spoke out against female genital mutilation and made light of the fact that Saudi Arabia doesn't even allow women to drive. Yet she is considered a feminist as well as a Muslim leader by the liberal left in the U.S.

Old 07-09-2017, 11:48 PM

10,219 posts, read 15,937,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Two boys View Post
I am sure many Muslim-Americans were not happy with her statements and do not want to be represented by her. The FBI should be monitoring her for sure. She comes from a line of relatives who are in Israeli jails for terrorism. My relatives came from Europe and were so appreciative of coming here they wanted to kiss the ground. To see her pointing her finger around made me sick.
They are probably more mad that she made these comments in English and could be widely reported. If you read books by Brigitte Gabriel who is a loyal American from an Arab Christian background, there is a LOT of radical statements made all the time in Arabic by American and European Muslim leaders and imams but is never reported and stays within the Muslim community but she understands Arabic and knows how many Muslims in the West really think about America, Christians, Western culture and Israel/jews.

Old 07-09-2017, 11:59 PM

14,489 posts, read 6,103,684 times
so the left wants to beat Trump, yet presents people like this as heroes? This is hilarious

Old 07-10-2017, 12:06 AM

14,361 posts, read 9,794,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Lennox 70 View Post
Activist Linda Sarsour Calls for 'Jihad' Against Trump Administration | Fox News Insider

In this speech she wants the American Muslim community to launch a "jihad" against Trump, and then says her only loyalty is to Islam and the Muslim community, not to the United States, and that she isn't interesting in assimilating into American culture.

She should assimilate to Iraq... oh wait, those people want freedom. Mmmm, Iran, oh those people do too.

She should assimilate to Cuba, they seem to like harboring US extremists.

Old 07-10-2017, 12:18 AM

2,049 posts, read 1,067,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
She should assimilate to Iraq... oh wait, those people want freedom. Mmmm, Iran, oh those people do too.

She should assimilate to Cuba, they seem to like harboring US extremists.
The psychology of Muslim immigrants to Western countries
Can be explained in the following figure
He feels in his own freedom that is not good
And that he wanted to emigrate to a country where he had more freedom than his country
But after he emigrated to that country
He wants to publish the same ideas that were the reason for his emigration
And seeks to spread his teachings
In those countries
So he did not understand the freedom of the country to which he emigrated
A Muslim migrates to the countries of infidels
But he wants to call the country of infidels to his faith
This is the psychology of Muslims in your countries

Old 07-10-2017, 07:28 AM

487 posts, read 545,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
The description of our identifying culture makes no sense to you? Only if you hate what it actually is. Immigrants should be expected to assimilate into our society. Is that what you call force? Why come here if you don't want to fit in out in mainstream? I couldn't care less what culture or language one chooses to practice in the privacy of their own homes.

Wanting Muslims vetted more efficiently is not hatred. It's common sense. Wanting immigrants to come here legally and in controlled numbers that want to assimilate is not hatred either.

I couldn't care less what you think of Trump. But you're wrong about most of what you and the other lefties are claiming about him. We had to tolerate Obama for 8 years and I never came into this forum trashing him all day long either. I had to accept that he was our president whether I liked it or not. You and yours might try it.
I have said this before on this forum.......I did not vote for Obama both times. However, I accepted and respected him as our President and gave him my support even though I may have disagreed with certain things. He was our President, nothing was going to change that and felt we should show we our support as a united country. There is absolutely no comparison to the way anti-Trump people are acting and what they are saying. They say he is a disgrace to this country, well not anywhere near the disgrace and violence displayed by opposition groups.

He is not anti-immigration......he is anti-ILLEGAL immigration. Why does the word illegal keep getting eliminated?

I sense more of a love and patriotism by Trump for our country than I ever felt by the Obama's. When Michele made that comment about how now she could say she can be proud of our country when her husband was in office and not feeling proud prior, that did not sit well with a lot of people.

Old 07-10-2017, 07:36 AM

17,155 posts, read 12,970,933 times
So the fact that Linda Sarsour is not a white Anglo Saxon protestant makes her such a threat that she needs to leave the US? She's an American. She is a progressive who advocates ending this ridiculous Islamophobia that has permeated our culture. She is not a Sharia law advocate. Anyone who actually reads up on her and not just conservative website clickbait would learn that.

Old 07-10-2017, 07:47 AM

7,520 posts, read 2,812,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
So the fact that Linda Sarsour is not a white Anglo Saxon protestant makes her such a threat that she needs to leave the US? She's an American. She is a progressive who advocates ending this ridiculous Islamophobia that has permeated our culture. She is not a Sharia law advocate. Anyone who actually reads up on her and not just conservative website clickbait would learn that.
I don't think Ayaan Hirsi Ali agrees with you.

Old 07-10-2017, 07:55 AM

487 posts, read 545,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Lennox 70 View Post
They are probably more mad that she made these comments in English and could be widely reported. If you read books by Brigitte Gabriel who is a loyal American from an Arab Christian background, there is a LOT of radical statements made all the time in Arabic by American and European Muslim leaders and imams but is never reported and stays within the Muslim community but she understands Arabic and knows how many Muslims in the West really think about America, Christians, Western culture and Israel/jews.
Correct......and not only spreading her word in English outside of the Muslim community, but now she is more in the national spotlight. She was praised and honored by Obama and awarded funds by Mayor DeBlasio/NYC.

She does not speak for the Muslim-American people I know. I live in a suburb of NYC ...... New York and the surroundings boroughs/suburbs having large Muslim communities. The Muslim-American people I know appreciate living in our democracy and the freedoms that go with it.

My grandparents were born in Europe and came here with a culture and traditions that were celebrated in the home and still do today as it is part of who we are. However, they embraced the American way of life as do many Muslim-Americans. (I am not saying it was easy for the first generations who came here.). Being third generation, we still carry on certain traditions (the way we celebrate holidays for example). However, we are American first and would not want to live anywhere else, especially in today's world. To hear Linda Sarsour spew hatred and rebellion about our country and leaders truly made me sick. It sounded very threatening.

Old 07-10-2017, 08:23 AM

25,303 posts, read 21,472,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
So this is progressive ?...
Being anti Israel and saying women have more rights in Saudi Arabia than America?..
She sounds more regressive ...0

"I discovered that Linda does not raise the flag of LGBTQ rights, or any other human rights for that matter, in the Muslim world. I even found that she is sympathetic to the way women are treated in Saudi Arabia, saying that the Saudis put Americans to shame when it comes to women’s rights. In Saudi Arabia, it is important to remember, women are not allowed to drive cars or leave the house without the permission of a man. I found no record of her criticizing Muslim countries for their abhorrent abuses of human rights.
Read more: On LBGTQ Rights, Linda Sarsour is No Ally
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies