Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should the Machine Gun Resistry be opened to include Machine Guns manufactured after May 1986
Yes the Machine Gun Resistry should be opened up to Machines made after May of 1986. 30 75.00%
No the Machine Gun Resistry should be remain closed Machines made after May of 1986. 7 17.50%
Yes But at an addition cost of say $1000 2 5.00%
Don't care either way. 3 7.50%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2017, 02:24 PM

1,645 posts, read 1,214,745 times

Advertisements

Final Poll results

Yes the Machine Gun Registry should be opened up to Machines made after May of 1986. 30 Voted Yes to = 75.00%
No the Machine Gun Registry should be remain closed Machines made after May of 1986. 7 voted No to = 17.50%
Yes But at an addition cost of say $1000 2 Voted Yes but at additional cost to = 5.00%
Don't care either way. 3 voted they did not care either way to = 7.50%

It was good to see 75% of those that voted were in favor of the Machine Gun registry being opened up to Machine Guns made after May of 1986
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2017, 04:56 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,366,997 times
Good post, but you realize the field day the liberal media would have with this? Then again, it would be great entertainment, with more videos a la Kevin Deleon. BTW I have noticed his name coming up in the national press lately. Believe it or not, he's evidently considered to be a rising star among California Democrats.
Kevin de León personifies the Trump resistance. He should run for governor - LA Times

I would like to see the GOP start w/ legalization of suppressors, and some form of cross-state concealed carry. I don't believe I would buy a full-auto even if I could. IMO for the most part, they just tear big holes in the air and waste perfectly good ammunition.

Old 08-13-2017, 12:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
Good post, but you realize the field day the liberal media would have with this? Then again, it would be great entertainment, with more videos a la Kevin Deleon. BTW I have noticed his name coming up in the national press lately. Believe it or not, he's evidently considered to be a rising star among California Democrats.
Kevin de León personifies the Trump resistance. He should run for governor - LA Times

I would like to see the GOP start w/ legalization of suppressors, and some form of cross-state concealed carry. I don't believe I would buy a full-auto even if I could. IMO for the most part, they just tear big holes in the air and waste perfectly good ammunition.

I agree with you, at the current prices of a Fully Automatic rifle, I can not afford it. But if the prices were able to come down to say even double what the current market is for the Civilian counterpart of the common military rifles, I would give serious consideration to buying one.

At this point I will just have to settle for the Semi-Automatic rifles and a little better with the accuracy.

Old 07-13-2018, 01:52 AM

With the likelihood of a New Supreme Court Judge being picked and admitted to the Supreme Court, I wonder if the time now to see if we can get the machine Gun registry opened back up to guns manufactured after may of 1986.

This would not be a full reversal of the previous court decision, but loosing the restriction on the machine gun registry it's self. Thoughts?

Old 07-13-2018, 04:52 AM

2,309 posts, read 902,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rigby06 View Post
With the likelihood of a New Supreme Court Judge being picked and admitted to the Supreme Court, I wonder if the time now to see if we can get the machine Gun registry opened back up to guns manufactured after may of 1986.

This would not be a full reversal of the previous court decision, but loosing the restriction on the machine gun registry it's self. Thoughts?
I wouldn't get my hopes up but the odds are far greater than if Hillary was president.

Old 07-13-2018, 06:40 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,608,522 times
It really doesnt matter either way, illegal machine guns flow in and out of the country despite the ban on anything 1986 or newer. bans and registries are rarely effective, this has been proven time and time again.

Old 07-13-2018, 06:53 AM

45,232 posts, read 26,457,645 times
There should be no registry.
From the guvs own rule book; "shall not be infringed", but I repeat myself

Old 07-13-2018, 07:07 AM

18,741 posts, read 7,617,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maccabee 2A View Post
Absolutely. In fact we should get rid of the NFA altogether.
Shouldn't be hard. When the National Firearms Act (NFA) was first brought to court in the Federal District Court, it was found to be unconstitutional. On grounds that it was not merely a revenue act, but a deliberate attempt to keep people from owning the guns it mentioned. So the judge declared it to be a blatant infringement on the people's right to keep and bear arms.

When it got to the Supreme Court, it got by on a technicality: The Pro Bono lawyer was unable to find his client, so didn't prepare any case, and nobody showed up for the defense. One side of the courtroom was completely empty.

So the anti-gun prosecution read a number of lies into the record (2nd Am only protected military-style weapons, the short-barreled shotgun of the defendant wasn't military-style, etc.). And with nobody there to refute them, the Justices rubber-stamped them into an Opinion reversing the District court. US v. Miller, 1939.

The defendant was later found dead in a stream bed with four bullets in his chest.

-------------------------------------------------

Odd how the anti-gun fanatics have done an almost complete 180 on the 2nd Am since the 1939 US v. Miller case.

In that seminal case, the Court ruled that the 2nd Am protected only weapons similar to military weapons.

Today, the anti-gun fanatics insist that it protects everything EXCEPT military-style weapons such as the AR-15, AK-47 etc. All without the Supreme Court going anywhere near its 1939 ruling or even re-examining the case.

If that case were ever re-examined by the Supremes, it will be overturned in a heartbeat as the Justices agree with the original District Court ruling. IF pro-gun-rights defendants bother to come to court this time.

Last edited by Roboteer; 07-13-2018 at 07:44 AM..

Old 07-13-2018, 07:41 AM

8,224 posts, read 3,500,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rigby06 View Post

NFA is unconstitutional. Turns a right, into a privilege.
NFA is to the 2nd as a 200 dollar tax and BS wait to receive a tax stamp would be to have access to cable news, the internet or to purchase a cell phone. Freedom of the press... printing press that is...

Hughes is unconstitutional for it bans manufacture and possession of a type of arm post May 19 1986. Unless you are a law enforcement agency, or military...
You may temporarily have them if you're an FFL SOT. That also turns a right into a privilege. It is to the 2nd as a ban on Internet capable devices would be to the first. No new Internet capable devices post a certain date. 200 dollar tax for registered implements that can either be destroyed or transfered.

I would be fine with a repeal of both on grounds of being unconstitutional.
I wouldn't even care if they didn't reimburse me for my suppressor stamps. I would be satisfied with simply seeing both gone.

Old 07-13-2018, 07:46 AM

18,741 posts, read 7,617,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY_refugee87 View Post
NFA is to the 2nd, as a 200 dollar tax and BS wait to receive a tax stamp would be to have access to cable news, the internet or to purchase a cell phone.
That would be closer to a $2,500 tax in 2018 dollars.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies