Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should football players and university professors be easy to fire for their views?
Football players and university professors can be fired for their views. 142 43.03%
Neither can be fired for their views 188 56.97%
Voters: 330. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2017, 06:32 PM

11,466 posts, read 19,358,545 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado Rambler View Post
pfffft! LOL! Seriously?

How about the dude who ORDERED the airstrikes?

By your way of thinking, Hitler never killed anyone either. After all, it wasn't HIM who forced all those people into the showers at gunpoint.

Duh, what?

You seem to need another swig of kool aid. Please don't hurry back.
You actually think Trump orders all the strikes, he must be a busy man. I personally believe the military kills the enemy. Get off the crack pipe+ With your way of thinking, the politicians who started these wars are the one who are responsible for the killing.

Last edited by Roaddog; 09-23-2017 at 06:44 PM..

Old 09-23-2017, 06:37 PM

5,731 posts, read 2,196,360 times
Thanks kapernick for the most stupid divisive waste of time debate in our history. Stop playing the anthem at football games maybe? Keep the players in the locker room during the anthem so they don't insult veteran families that lost loved ones? This stupid debate was so 2 years ago

Old 09-23-2017, 06:41 PM

11,046 posts, read 5,277,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ipaper View Post
Didn't Trump himself admired the man not all that long ago, calling him a pretty smart cookie. And when Obama was in office, seem like many on the right admired Putin.

Didn't Obama and Hillary by their ACTIONS admired Putin and Russia.?........Didn't the Clinton foundation receive 145 million dollars from Russia and Hillary Clinton as Secretary of State signed off in selling Uranium to Russia? hmmm

President Obama was taking part in a global nuclear security summit in South Korea, he was caught on tape asking for Russian President Dmitry Medvedev for "space." "This is my last election. After my election, I have more flexibility,". Obama assured the departing Russian President he will have the "flexibility" required to deal with missile defense issues after the 2012 presidential election.

But Trump is in bed with Russia? LMAO!!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XsFR8DbSRQE

Old 09-23-2017, 06:42 PM

4,713 posts, read 3,475,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion1999 View Post
did you pull that out of your behind?

The majority of Americans take offense of the kneeling down to our NATIONAL ANTHEM and flag to push a political or personal agenda by overpaid athletes that don't speak for the majority of AMERICANS .....what Trump said, most Americans have said it or think it.

TRY AGAIN!
Nope. Proof?

Old 09-23-2017, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoOnMyMind View Post
Thanks kapernick for the most stupid divisive waste of time debate in our history. Stop playing the anthem at football games maybe? Keep the players in the locker room during the anthem so they don't insult veteran families that lost loved ones? This stupid debate was so 2 years ago

Why not the owners tell the players who want to kneel down to stay in the locker room?.....simple.

Why invite VETERANS and Active duty soldiers to come to the game to participate in the National Anthem and flag when members of your own organization are going to disrespect them and the millions watching on t.v..

If I invite you for dinner as a guest to my house, I won't let my child disrespect you at the dinner table....either he keeps his mouth shut at dinner or he can eat his dinner in his room.....The owners and the commissioner should have put control over this since day #1.

Old 09-23-2017, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
While i do not agree with firing a player for taking a knee, Trump never said the neo-Nazis were "some very fine people."
He did.

Old 09-23-2017, 06:54 PM

51,655 posts, read 25,850,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
While i do not agree with firing a player for taking a knee, Trump never said the neo-Nazis were "some very fine people."
You have been misinformed. He most certainly did.

"Trump defended the white nationalists who protested in Charlottesville on Tuesday, saying they included “some very fine people,”

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics...-sides/537012/

There are video clips as well.

Google.com is a great tool.

Old 09-23-2017, 06:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
Let's back up a little and take a look at where we are today with this administration. None of us have ever seen the level of unrest, protests, and dislike for a President as we are seeing with this man in office. Millions of people, from regular folks, to celebrities, to politicians, to heads of State, are dumbfounded by how horrible he is in this position.

Trump has alienated everyone, made enemies of the people he needs to accomplish things, and he is too damn dumb to see that what he is doing is not working. We are the laughing stock of the rest of the world, and even Kim knows what a buffoon Trump is, and that is a really low bar, coming from him.

Instead of this getting any better, it gets worse by the day. Damn, I wish they would wrap up the investigation so we can get this man taken out of office.
Amen!

Old 09-23-2017, 06:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tangelag View Post
Nope. Proof?

you don't......PBS Poll, which they are very liberal.

White Americans of all ages disapprove of the protests by a margin of 63 percent to 30 percent. Hispanic Americans disapprove of the protests by a smaller margin, 45 percent to 36 percent.However, black Americans of all ages approve of the protests 74 percent to 17 percent.

by the way, the 36% of Hispanics that approves it wouldn't approve it if done to their Native country's flag and National Anthem....NO Mexican will approve athletes kneeling down to the Mexican National Anthem and Mexican Flag in public....that's a big no-no for them. They would get violent on that athlete, he would need heavy security just to walk around in Mexico.

if Canelo Alvarez a famous Mexican boxer kneels down in every of his fights to the Mexican National Anthem and Mexican Flag because he has "issues" with the Mexican police or the Mexican government he would be done and outcast by the Mexican people, you can ask any Mexican.

We in our country cut so much slack for blacks because of the WHITE GUILT that any other group would never get away with it kneeling down to our flag and national anthem every week in public and bad mouthing our country and the police. They would be outcast.

White Americans largely disapprove of national anthem protests, poll finds | PBS NewsHour

Old 09-23-2017, 07:08 PM

30,651 posts, read 18,255,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddiehaskell View Post
Yet they are shooting themselves in the foot in the long term. For financial reasons, a product like sports should be as politically neutral as possible. The relatively wealthy conservatives (and their children) make up a huge portion of the NFL/NBA fan base.
I'll add that more than just "wealthy" conservatives are fans of the big leagues. The leagues officially getting political is going to turn off even more than the players refusing to stand for the anthem did.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies