Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should football players and university professors be easy to fire for their views?
Football players and university professors can be fired for their views. 142 43.03%
Neither can be fired for their views 188 56.97%
Voters: 330. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2017, 01:03 PM

76 posts, read 151,954 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8won6 View Post
1)Baseball and Golf don't have the same percentage of black athletes as football.
2)the players aren't even morally wrong. Speaking out against police brutality helps all races. There is no argument there. That's why everyone is strawmanning about the semantics and logistics when/where/how/what/who to protest.

And again, NFL players are very active when it comes to charities and foundations. Stop trying to play that card.
who supports police brutality?

Old 10-16-2017, 01:13 PM

3,538 posts, read 1,327,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thetruth33 View Post
Lots of people do, when the victims of police brutality are minorities.

what does that have to do with what I said or what I was responding to?

Old 10-16-2017, 01:14 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,615,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thetruth33 View Post
Democrat city leaders.

Old 10-16-2017, 02:00 PM

3,614 posts, read 1,736,550 times
Quote:
1)Baseball and Golf don't have the same percentage of black athletes as football.
2)the players aren't even morally wrong. Speaking out against police brutality helps all races. There is no argument there. That's why everyone is strawmanning about the semantics and logistics when/where/how/what/who to protest.

And again, NFL players are very active when it comes to charities and foundations. Stop trying to play that card.
Allow me to enlighten you.It is a well-known fact that the majority of NFL players that can afford to do so have their own charities and foundations for the sole reason of being able to show what "good people" they are after they get caught driving drunk with a gun, beating their ******* and killing their dogs. Nothing say's i'm a good guy like a foundation that has my name on it but I don't know exactly what it does so please excuse my numerous felonies that includes raping a hoe snorting everything under the sun etc....

Last edited by CaseyB; 10-16-2017 at 05:18 PM.. Reason: Personal Attack

Old 10-16-2017, 02:20 PM

6,732 posts, read 5,173,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LGR_NYR View Post
Allow me to enlighten you.
It is a well-known fact that the majority of NFL players that can afford to do so have their own charities and foundations for the sole reason of being able to show what "good people" they are after they get caught driving drunk with a gun, beating their ******* and killing their dogs. Nothing say's i'm a good guy like a foundation that has my name on it but I don't know exactly what it does so please excuse my numerous felonies that includes raping a hoe snorting everything under the sun etc....
I look forward to you supporting this post with evidence of all of these players who have these charities, yet are felons.

Start with Colin Kaepernick. Then sources to backup your post about Larry Fitzgerald, J.J. Watt, Thomas Davis, etc. Since you claim the majority are criminals, violent and felons, back it up or get reported.

Last edited by CaseyB; 10-16-2017 at 05:19 PM..

Old 10-16-2017, 02:29 PM

3,614 posts, read 1,736,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATG5 View Post
I look forward to you supporting this post with evidence of all of these players who have these charities, yet are felons.

Start with Colin Kaepernick. Then sources to backup your post about Larry Fitzgerald, J.J. Watt, Thomas Davis, etc. Since you claim the majority are criminals, violent and felons, back it up or get reported.
I didn't say they were all felons. I said they use these foundations as potentially get out of jail free cards when they screw up.

Read the book Pro's & Cons. You will be horrified and enlightened.

Reported for what? Hurting your feelings tattletale. You lefties are babies.

Old 10-16-2017, 02:36 PM

59,053 posts, read 27,306,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Objective Detective View Post
The NFL amounts to crony-capitalist welfare money laundering. The principles of it are anti-Constitution. Patriotism is founded and based on constitutional rights. The NFL being a total farce in this regard. A trashy and pretentious crony-capitalist organization.

The U.S. has obviously, to the aware, become a crony-capitalist country. Just about every aspect of public life has become adversely affected by it, including education and sports. It is sickening, to say the least.

And how ironic that an organization that is supposed to be a tough representation of American culture needs unions to stand up for their players to fight what is essentially a much larger crony-capitalist union. The crap is getting real deep.
Me thinks you should change your screen name.

"objective" certainly you are NOT!

Old 10-16-2017, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
Then the union should encourage a walk out citing that the NFL excuses and condones felons including those that beat wives, abused children, abused animals (not currently mind you) and killed people) but not political stances against the issues and our president. I know you want to support Trump and claim this is anti-American but this is an interesting point that could happen. If i were in charge of the NFLPA, this would be my concern in that meeting.
"Then the union should encourage a walk out"

I believe any walkout would be against their contracts and those that do, would NOT be PAID.

I don't think these spoiled athletes are willing to forgo their pay for this issue.

I have been thinking about this whole issue and have some thoughts.

I DON'T recall Kap doing any/many interviews about his concern with police and blacks.

He DID wear a pair of socks with "cops are pigs", or something like that.

If he was/is so concerned, WHY hasn't he been all over the news every week, every body KNOWS the media would cover it.

The "police" he is accusing are LOCAL police.

Making it a NATIONAL issue is NOT going address the issue.

With his money and the money the rest of the players make, WHY haven't THEY held protests in front of police dept HQs or the mayors office.
I am SURE they could get extra local support from the local people.

They could go to different city each week where they think these accusations are going on.

If they are going to protest local police, DO IT IN FRONT OF THEM where they believe the problem is.

Does anybody REALLY think these protests on the football field have done any good about the situation they think is going on?

Just my 2 cents,

Last edited by Quick Enough; 10-16-2017 at 03:04 PM..

Old 10-16-2017, 03:00 PM

3,538 posts, read 1,327,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LGR_NYR View Post
Allow me to enlighten you, dummy. It is a well-known fact that the majority of NFL players that can afford to do so have their own charities and foundations for the sole reason of being able to show what "good people" they are after they get caught driving drunk with a gun, beating their ******* and killing their dogs. Nothing say's i'm a good guy like a foundation that has my name on it but I don't know exactly what it does so please excuse my numerous felonies that includes raping a hoe snorting everything under the sun etc....
-thanks for the insult. (on the bold)

-please provide us all with some kind of documentation that supports your claim that the majority of NFL players are doing foundations just for show. The majority of NFL players aren't even criminals like that. Lots of claims in your post.

Old 10-16-2017, 03:00 PM

Quote:

"NFL players are very active when it comes to charities and foundations."

MANY of them do great work and give a LOT of their time.

As usual the media does NOT cover it much. 'If it bleeds, it LEADS" as they say.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies