Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-11-2017, 07:22 AM

79,908 posts, read 44,359,191 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mellowmike View Post
And those "anyone but Hillary" crowd has set the progressive movement back 50 years. I guess they can pat themselves on the chest as they showed em.
How.do you further the movement by voting for a corporate sell out?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2017, 07:23 AM

10,041 posts, read 5,751,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
I never said she should of been president either but like Trump your WAY off topic and your pointing out what Hillary did as a way to deflect what he did.
The thread topic is based on the premise that Hillary was clearly and obviously a better choice. This is not a deflection, it's evidence that the choice wasn't as obvious as the thread premise assumes. As such, my post is directly on point whether you want to admit it or not.

Quote:
So having a sexist pig in for president is something your okay with?
If that's what you got out of my post, your critical reasoning skills are just as absent as the OP's.

Old 08-11-2017, 07:34 AM

17,717 posts, read 13,590,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bitey View Post
The thread topic is based on the premise that Hillary was clearly and obviously a better choice. This is not a deflection, it's evidence that the choice wasn't as obvious as the thread premise assumes. As such, my post is directly on point whether you want to admit it or not.

If that's what you got out of my post, your critical reasoning skills are just as absent as the OP's.

Sadly she was a much better choice then Trump she's got the experience and she wouldn't the embarrassment he is. Your doing the same the left is complaining about the other party not realizing they are the same.

Old 08-11-2017, 07:37 AM

Quote:
Sadly she was a much better choice then Trump she's got the experience and she wouldn't the embarrassment he is. Your doing the same the left is complaining about the other party not realizing they are the same.
What "other party?" You don't know a thing about who I voted or didn't vote for, or my party affiliation or lack thereof. You seem to have a problem with assuming premises and facts not in evidence.

Old 08-11-2017, 07:38 AM

4,288 posts, read 2,068,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post
Because party over country.

Are you a mind reader? Could it be that people who voted for Trump (or against Clinton) did so because they believe it was better for the country?
I did and still feel that way even though he was not at the top of my list of people I would want for president.

Old 08-11-2017, 07:39 AM

18,323 posts, read 10,738,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post

The country would have been in better hands ,not that you care.

Old 08-11-2017, 07:39 AM

17,717 posts, read 13,590,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bitey View Post
What "other party?" You don't know a thing about who I voted or didn't vote for, or my party affiliation or lack thereof. You seem to have a problem with assuming premises and facts not in evidence.

You said this:

The alternative was someone who a) rode her husband's coattails to power, b) stood him while he was credibly accused of DOING (not just talking about) far worse rather than give up her ticket to power, and c) orchestrated the "Nuts and Sluts" campaign against his accusers to protect her position of power.

So it leads one to assume that you voted for the glow in the dark president.

Old 08-11-2017, 07:42 AM

Quote:
You said this:

The alternative was someone who a) rode her husband's coattails to power, b) stood him while he was credibly accused of DOING (not just talking about) far worse rather than give up her ticket to power, and c) orchestrated the "Nuts and Sluts" campaign against his accusers to protect her position of power.

So it leads one to assume that you voted for the glow in the dark president.
No, it leads YOU to assume that, because you're incapable of distinguishing criticism of one alternative from praise for the other. People who ARE capable of avoiding such false conflations will make no such assumption.

What would you assume if I called Trump "a bombastic carnival barker with nylon hair"? Would it lead you to assume I voted for Hillary?

Old 08-11-2017, 07:43 AM

957 posts, read 760,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Hillary Clinton has been behind the progressive movement since she was in college. She is not a corporate sell out and has in fact voted for and proposed legislation that would rein in corporate misconduct.
tRump OTOH has and will appoint judges who will rule for the corporation and against the rights of workers. Oh, but your side says he will protect your guns. News for you sonny, the gun narrative is all about more profits for the gun manufacturers, it's not about protecting your right to own a gun.

Old 08-11-2017, 07:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mellowmike View Post
Hillary Clinton has been behind the progressive movement since she was in college. She is not a corporate sell out and has in fact voted for and proposed legislation that would rein in corporate misconduct.
tRump OTOH has and will appoint judges who will rule for the corporation and against the rights of workers. Oh, but your side says he will protect your guns. News for you sonny, the gun narrative is all about more profits for the gun manufacturers, it's not about protecting your right to own a gun.
LOL @ bold.

"Hillary Clinton told top banking executives that she has “both a public and a private position” on Wall Street reform and is reliant on wealthy donors to fund her campaign, leaked excerpts of the former first lady’s speeches seem to show, fueling claims of hypocrisy on the part of Mrs. Clinton at a crucial moment in the presidential campaign.

"The release by WikiLeaks, which the Clinton campaign has said it will not confirm, appears to show Mrs. Clinton discussing how she seeks to “balance” her public rhetoric on Wall Street reform with her actual positions, and with the reality that wealthy bankers and investors must partner with government to enact change."
-- Hillary Clinton says she has 'both a public and a private position' on Wall Street: WikiLeaks - Washington Times
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies