Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-10-2017, 09:02 AM

2,407 posts, read 1,505,461 times

Advertisements

What are your thoughts on this guy, especially if you're a left-leaning libertarian? He currently has the #2 most listened to podcast on iTunes. Political genius in my book.

Old 08-10-2017, 09:19 AM

25,758 posts, read 18,818,821 times
Well, I certainly wouldn't want to have a debate with him, regardless of political leanings. The guy is so quick-witted. I've never seen him really lose an argument. He seems to be really good at debate from an intellectual basis rather than an emotional basis. Given the best of both types of debaters, the intellectual guy is going to win every time.

Old 08-10-2017, 11:11 AM

5,302 posts, read 2,355,944 times
I like him overall. Definitely would challenge him on some things, but he usually has sound logic and seems pretty reasonable...the type of guy who would be open to someone challenging his ideas and potentially reconsidering. Definitely a good speaker and when he's on, he's spot on.

Old 08-10-2017, 11:30 AM

14,361 posts, read 9,790,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonJuanQuixote View Post
What are your thoughts on this guy, especially if you're a left-leaning libertarian? He currently has the #2 most listened to podcast on iTunes. Political genius in my book.
Being a Libertarian, I pretty much agree with most of what he says. He also breaks down the daily main stream (BS) news into facts, which is great.

I highly advise people should listen to Ep 357 - The corporate fascists are here

He tears apart the meme about the Google memo.

His library is here: https://soundcloud.com/benshapiroshow

Old 08-10-2017, 11:35 AM

36,853 posts, read 17,368,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T0103E View Post
I like him overall. Definitely would challenge him on some things, but he usually has sound logic and seems pretty reasonable...the type of guy who would be open to someone challenging his ideas and potentially reconsidering. Definitely a good speaker and when he's on, he's spot on.
Someone needs to email him a few links from the Mises Institute to complete the transformation.

He is very smart but still a statist.

Old 08-10-2017, 11:53 AM

5,900 posts, read 3,901,723 times
I'd love to see a debate between Shapiro and Chris Hedges.

Old 08-10-2017, 11:54 AM

24,502 posts, read 17,239,538 times
Okay that is his choice not to support Trump but does he feel that Hillary was any better? If not Trump or Hillary then who should have been our President?

Old 08-10-2017, 12:34 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,634,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonJuanQuixote View Post

Ted Cruz does not even want to have a debate with Ben.

Ben is warming up to Trump. He was just on Joe Rogan and he only roots for the law, order and the constitution. Not any political party.

What Ben does not understand, you have to be edgy and think outside the box to get things done these days. Trump says the same thing as Ben, only in 1 sentence, instead of 3 long paragraphs.

Old 08-10-2017, 12:51 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,210,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Ted Cruz does not even want to have a debate with Ben.

Ben is warming up to Trump. He was just on Joe Rogan and he only roots for the law, order and the constitution. Not any political party.

What Ben does not understand, you have to be edgy and think outside the box to get things done these days. Trump says the same thing as Ben, only in 1 sentence, instead of 3 long paragraphs.
Sometimes Trump should say more than one sentence. Like here.

“You will end up with great health care for a fraction of the price and that will take place immediately after we go in. Immediately! Fast! Quick!”

Maybe he should have taken the time to explain how this all was going to happen so that it could have been put in place so that it happened?

I have never listened to Shapiro but I'm going to listen some to the link above. I hope he doesn't just make vague nothing statements for paragraphs because if so, I will have to question this intellect everyone seems to say he has.

Old 08-10-2017, 12:56 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,634,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Sometimes Trump should say more than one sentence. Like here.

“You will end up with great health care for a fraction of the price and that will take place immediately after we go in. Immediately! Fast! Quick!”

Maybe he should have taken the time to explain how this all was going to happen so that it could have been put in place so that it happened?

I have never listened to Shapiro but I'm going to listen some to the link above. I hope he doesn't just make vague nothing statements for paragraphs because if so, I will have to question this intellect everyone seems to say he has.

Maybe Ben can explain it to you then.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies