Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2017, 08:36 AM

2,407 posts, read 1,505,461 times

Advertisements

I'm not even talking about racism towards me.

I'm a minority, and unsurprisingly, I get a lot of huff on here from liberals for my conservative views. However, since I'm an obvious-looking minority, when I attend local forums and discussions and share my views, democrats listen and often respectfully answer. HOWEVER, the same can't be said for my WHITE conservative friends. They get insults and labels hurled at them, and discussions quickly escalate into arguments. I hate to say that I'm glad I'm not "white," but the racism towards white conservatives in this country is beyond racial profiling. It's downright militant sometimes.

What's going on here?

Old 08-12-2017, 08:49 AM

21,142 posts, read 19,722,567 times
Conservatives believe that white and black people are equal, so to them race doesn't matter. To liberals, race is a "cause", a means for exercising power. Liberals want blacks and whites to be different/unequal. It gives them something to fight and riot over. Liberals love violence and upheaval. They are miserable, loathing creatures.

Old 08-12-2017, 08:51 AM

9,338 posts, read 7,111,956 times
I think most people of any and all political affiliations would agree that any time of racism in inappropriate and won't be tolerated.

Old 08-12-2017, 08:54 AM

9,338 posts, read 7,111,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroit View Post
Conservatives believe that white and black people are equal, so to them race doesn't matter. To liberals, race is a "cause", a means for exercising power. Liberals want blacks and whites to be different/unequal. It gives them something to fight and riot over. Liberals love violence and upheaval. They are miserable, loathing creatures.
Holy cow. Tell us how you really feel.

I'm a liberal. Do you assume I love violence and upheaval? Am I a miserable and loathing "creature?"

Old 08-12-2017, 08:59 AM

2,407 posts, read 1,505,461 times
Check this out. Police broke up this white peaceful assembly because it was "unlawful." And yet there was no violence or looting like the BLM protests:

https://www.yahoo.com/gma/torch-wiel...opstories.html

Old 08-12-2017, 09:05 AM

26,498 posts, read 15,079,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skins_fan82 View Post
I think most people of any and all political affiliations would agree that any time of racism in inappropriate and won't be tolerated.
I think the problem is that many don't realize that they are being racist and define it differently.

I know a self-proclaimed "tolerant" liberal teacher who point blank states that he is not tolerant of "white southerners" because as a tolerant person he can't tolerate intolerance. I tried to politely point out that not all southern whites are intolerant and it is in fact intolerance to suggest such a thing, but the point went right over his liberal head and he reiterated that tolerant people can't tolerate "white southerners." How is that not a form of racism/regional prejudice?

This same teacher supports Affirmative Action such as UofMichigan's old system of giving everybody but whites and Asians a free 20 points on admissions (for comparison you only get 12 points for a perfect ACT/SAT). He tells students that part of his support is because it increases tolerance and anti-racism. However, Affirmative Action specifically and purposefully takes away finite openings from one race to give them to another race - which by definition is a form of racism, no? A "well-meaning" racism, but racism nonetheless.

I would argue this liberal has prejudiced beliefs, but he would argue he doesn't.

Old 08-12-2017, 09:07 AM

1,708 posts, read 1,099,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonJuanQuixote View Post
I'm not even talking about racism towards me.

I'm a minority, and unsurprisingly, I get a lot of huff on here from liberals for my conservative views.
Don't feel bad, in the old days Democrats hung minorities from trees. This was in the post Civil War South. Today Democrats shun and hang you out to dry with derision on social media. We have slightly evolved. IMO it's easier to take nonsense from the left on a forum post, than hanging from a tree by my neck. It is an opinion however, not something I'm personally familiar with. Besides the right is not half bad at rebuttal, which is why on generic media platforms like Facebook, Youtube, Twitter, etc, the left seeks to silence the right by manipulating content management policies. Most conservative youtube channels have been demonetized within the past month or so as an example. Patreon and Pay-Pal also have started to censor by removing accounts of conservatives.

Old 08-12-2017, 09:27 AM

17,344 posts, read 11,285,635 times
Quote:
The most accurate post I've seen in a long time.

Old 08-12-2017, 10:11 AM

16,090 posts, read 10,753,057 times
Quote:
Hogwash and a ridiculous blanket statement just on the face of it. How twisted can you get?

Quote:
Originally Posted by functionofx View Post
Don't feel bad, in the old days Democrats hung minorities from trees. This was in the post Civil War South.
Those were white conservatives. Their tactics and party affiliation has changed but the hatred is still there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonJuanQuixote View Post
Check this out. Police broke up this white peaceful assembly because it was "unlawful." And yet there was no violence or looting like the BLM protests:
Whoomp there it is...

Unlawful is OK for some but not for others.

Old 08-12-2017, 10:20 AM

34,232 posts, read 18,584,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunGrins View Post
Whoomp there it is...

Unlawful is OK for some but not for others.
You may want to brush up on your reading comprehension. He put the "unlawful" in quotes because the people were protesting peacefully yet law enforcement said their assembly was "unlawful",

Reading is FUN-demental!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies