Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2017, 09:23 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,750,585 times

Advertisements

Yep, as I said, this topic is not a topic the media is pushing so the obedient monkeys don't want to discuss it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2017, 09:40 AM

5,069 posts, read 2,281,036 times
Here's a good example. Many of my friends on Facebook are talking about how Trump has defended white supremacists with his statements from the press conference on Monday; posting clips from Jimmy Kimmel and a couple news articles. I have some free time this morning, so I sat down and watched the entire thing. OMG, people. He did no such thing. My 12 year old daughter watched with me. When it was over, I asked her to re-cap what he'd said. Her take was that he was trying to get the reporters to admit that both sides in Charlottesville were using violence. I asked her if she thought it sounded like he was defending neoNazis. Her answer was a resounding 'no'.

If a twelve year, with no political leanings, can listen dispassionately and come up with that answer, why can't my very intelligent and well-educated friends see the same thing? The only theory I can come up with is that they didn't bother to listen to what was actually said, but instead let the media coverage decide what their reaction should be.

Old 08-16-2017, 09:52 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,567,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
So that's all you got is personal attacks instead of having something to contribute? pfft, surprise, surprise, typical liberal response when they've been out debated.
And yet you have contributed nothing except repeating the same post over & over. You apparently need the media to tell you how to think. I do not.

Old 08-16-2017, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by swilliamsny View Post
Here's a good example. Many of my friends on Facebook are talking about how Trump has defended white supremacists with his statements from the press conference on Monday; posting clips from Jimmy Kimmel and a couple news articles. I have some free time this morning, so I sat down and watched the entire thing. OMG, people. He did no such thing. My 12 year old daughter watched with me. When it was over, I asked her to re-cap what he'd said. Her take was that he was trying to get the reporters to admit that both sides in Charlottesville were using violence. I asked her if she thought it sounded like he was defending neoNazis. Her answer was a resounding 'no'.

If a twelve year, with no political leanings, can listen dispassionately and come up with that answer, why can't my very intelligent and well-educated friends see the same thing? The only theory I can come up with is that they didn't bother to listen to what was actually said, but instead let the media coverage decide what their reaction should be.
By doing that you are teaching your daughter to think for herself instead of letting the media dictate what she thinks.

The problem is, people tune into their favorite media channel and let the media tell them how to view the situation, then they close their minds without considering opposing views, they are closed to everything else including the truth. The media knows they have a lot of power over how people think, they just have to get it out there fast and use the right words, phrases, spin and insinuations.

Old 08-16-2017, 10:26 AM

3,076 posts, read 5,501,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swilliamsny View Post

Excellent post! I so agree. I don't understand how anyone can take the media seriously anymore at all anymore anyway. ESP after their whole Hillary is winning by a landslide BS.

I had a co-worker ask me today "how do you feel about this, you are the only Trump supporter left on my facebook". I laughed. I mean, seriously.

I said to her, when did Obama condemn the whole BLM movement? She got real upset, saying this isn't about Obama, it's about Trump. I gave up, you can't argue with stupid.

Trump is right, there is blame on both sides here. Enough already.

Old 08-16-2017, 10:38 AM

In 2008, the left wanted Obama so when Obama and Hilary were running against each other, Chris Matthews Chris Matthews said ...

"the reason she's a U.S. senator, the reason she's a candidate for president, the reason she may be a front-runner is her husband messed around. That's how she got to be senator from New York. We keep forgetting it. She didn't win there on her merit"

Old 08-16-2017, 10:39 AM

When they wanted Hillary elected after Obama left office, Chris Matthews said (to Hillary on air)....

"If you're watching, Madam Secretary, all three of us have brilliant ideas. All of us have brilliant ideas. And I especially put myself in that group with Joan and David. We know how to do this, we’ll get you in there."

'We'll Get You In There' in 2016 Chris Matthews Tells Hillary Clinton

Old 08-16-2017, 10:42 AM

Initially promoted Trump for the Republican nomination by a media believing him a sure bet to lose to Hillary Clinton in a landslide. When Trump won the nomination they set out to destroy him, naturally. Politics is war and the American tradition is for the losing side to acknowledge their loss until the next election rolled around but that didn't happen. After Trump won and Hillary lost they went nuts, demonizing anyone who support(ed) Trump and didn't vote as they thought they should. The demonizing will continue as if that expands their tent ...

Old 08-16-2017, 10:45 AM

12,043 posts, read 6,576,479 times
90% of the media and entertainment industry is controlled by liberals.
This is not healthy for a country when so much control is given to one ideology because then they control all the narratives.

And right now the narrative is that Trump is a racist and Nazi supporter and anyone who supports him is also a racist Nazi. Their intent is to scare off debate, scare off hearing information that doesn't fit their narrative -- This is how true facism takes over....

Old 08-16-2017, 10:49 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,567,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainrose View Post
90% of the media and entertainment industry is controlled by liberals.
This is not healthy for a country when so much control is given to one ideology because then they control all the narratives.

And right now the narrative is that Trump is a racist and Nazi supporter and anyone who supports him is also a racist Nazi. Their intent is to scare off debate, scare off hearing information that doesn't fit their narrative -- This is how true facism takes over....
What news outlet has called him racist & a Nazi? For real, what news reporter has said that? I'd like links to legit sources.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies