Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-21-2017, 12:03 PM

11,046 posts, read 5,278,126 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
Well at least they're not neo-Nazis .

since when Communist Anarchists had the moral ground over Nazis?

Nazis only lasted 12 years, 1933-1945. Communism has killed more people by far than Nazis and have enslaved over 1 billion people in history and still exist today in multiple countries and it exists today in most American Colleges with the aid of a few college teachers (agitators)

So why do the media reports that 1 side is the problem and is not the communists' Anarchists.........this is what happens when the Jews run the media and Hollywood. They paint that only the Nazis were the evilest people on earth in the world history because what they did to the Jews but ignore the evil of Communism and its history and take it lightly.

You see it in Hollywood, they have the Nazis and the holocaust theme beat to death and it's all 1 sided while the horrors of Communism is rarely touched. Many in Hollywood admire Castro and Chavez and for a while back in the days admired Stalin.

the only great war for them was WW2 against the Nazis....the Cold War against communism wasn't.....most of them protested the wars against communism.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2017, 12:05 PM

34,242 posts, read 18,603,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottomobeale View Post
POS on the other side of the right wing hate POS.

Put them all in a Mad Max Thunderdome cage and have them fight to the death. If they all die its a win win.

^^^^This. The ones that survive go to the "delousing" chamber.

Old 08-21-2017, 12:07 PM

29,513 posts, read 14,679,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
I have been aware of these guys since the Trump rally in San Jose, which is the only reason I went and voted this year against Hillary Clinton. I sat out the primary because I was unwilling to vote for any of the candidates, but San Jose completely changed my mind.

I believe the Democrats have a huge problem on their hands.

I think we as a society, have a huge problem on our hands. We can already see the heard mentality has started to take over. Statues taken down, emblems being changed , people getting attacked because of how they look... yeah the antifa are gaining momentum and whether or not they are Democrats or part of the left, they sure are doing the dirty work for them.

Last edited by scarabchuck; 08-21-2017 at 01:30 PM..

Old 08-21-2017, 12:12 PM

22,974 posts, read 27,030,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
I'm not so sure you do speak for the vast majority of Democrats. Granted, I live in the bluest county in the blue state of NY, so I'm prejudiced. Far to many people here are in complete approval of using violence to shut down not just the white supremacists, but any rally supporting Trump. They also love the idea of Google and ProPublica working to shutdown right-wing web sites. I know a couple who are pleased as can be that their kid and his friends are going to Phoenix to disrupt the Trump rally and bragged their kid is going to punch one of those Trump effer's in the face.
I hope the kid does, he'll enjoy the 4th Ave Jail and if the injuries caused are bad enough the punk will enjoy his/her stay in Florence or Buckeye... AZ is NOT NY where they let everything go...

Old 08-21-2017, 12:19 PM

35,309 posts, read 52,343,415 times
Ive been watching protests for a long time and usually theres a bunch of hooligans that participate in many of them, their MO is to dress in dark clothing,wear masks,back pack and they always create mayhem with their bottle throwing and window breaking shenanigans .
These violent supposedly antifa people are not part of an anti fascist movement but those same hooligans that show up at most demonstrations with an aim to cause trouble,they seem to be using anti fascist protests as an excuse to perpetrate their mayhem.

Old 08-21-2017, 12:21 PM

8,502 posts, read 3,348,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
if figures that the daily kossack would NOT include the next two sentences from the original article in the Phoenix New Times

here they are in red below:
“We have folks that are Libertarian, Republican, communists, anarchists,” she claimed. “It’s a melting pot of ideologies ... I would say the people we have the least of are liberals."
Despite this melange of beliefs, she conceded that most people would regard the group as being on the left of the political spectrum.

Faaaar left, by my reckoning.
"

I went back and checked to make sure that it not was *I* who truncated the quote and, yes, it was the Daily Kos. I've seen them distort information before and I think the prevalence of that kind of stuff on the web and elsewhere is a HUGE problem.

That said, I rather agree with her as would I assume another poster who addressed this a while back. We have a tendency to want to place groups on spectrums in order for easier political categorization.

The CAUSES they espouse do tend to be "liberal" ones even though their methods are not. And sure - if they have to be on the spectrum they *are* "Faaaar out." That was part of her quote? Yes?

This is precisely why Trump got into such hot water with his Charlottesville statements with so much talk of "moral equivalency." Denounce the actions (violence) of both yes. But he ignored the latter issue (the moral).

What the Antifa *says* it is fighting for (although from a psychological and sociology viewpoint many are probably more troubled than not, at least those who take up violence) - antifascism, gay rights, the environment I DO rank as more acceptable and "left" than the Nazism and racism of the AltRight that showed up for the Unite the Right rally.

Apples and oranges.

Old 08-21-2017, 12:22 PM

4,996 posts, read 2,448,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion1999 View Post
since when Communist Anarchists had the moral ground over Nazis?

Nazis only lasted 12 years, 1933-1945. Communism has killed more people by far than Nazis and have enslaved over 1 billion people in history and still exist today in multiple countries and it exists today in most American Colleges with the aid of a few college teachers (agitators)

So why do the media reports that 1 side is the problem and is not the communists' Anarchists.........this is what happens when the Jews run the media and Hollywood. They paint that only the Nazis were the evilest people on earth in the world history because what they did to the Jews but ignore the evil of Communism and its history and take it lightly.

You see it in Hollywood, they have the Nazis and the holocaust theme beat to death and it's all 1 sided while the horrors of Communism is rarely touched. Many in Hollywood admire Castro and Chavez and for a while back in the days admired Stalin.

the only great war for them was WW2 against the Nazis....the Cold War against communism wasn't.....most of them protested the wars against communism.
They don't, of course.

However, trying to link the Democratic party, or the left, with communism, is disingenuous, at best.

Really, the Jews 'run' Hollywood? The media too, eh? I think your premise absurd..but I'll run with it for a moment. Among the millions more that the Communists killed..were were Jewish people--who are still oppressed in Russia. Most of my Jewish friend would spit on a Communist.

Do you really believe the all Jewish people are part of some great conspiracy? I thought that stuff went away 30 years ago?

Old 08-21-2017, 12:27 PM

29,513 posts, read 14,679,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EveryLady View Post
Scarabchuck, I took a look at this - twice - but had trouble deciphering it at first given all the flashing overlays, the speed not the mention the pulsating music. It came across like propaganda so blatant that I'm really surprised FOX had their name on it.

To begin, I *never* found a link to a website calling for violence against Trump supporters? Admittedly, I browsed fairly quickly for there's so much crap on the screen. Did I miss it?

As for the video itself. The supposed "message" was delivered by flashing blocks of commentary (written by FOX? yes?) overlaying scenes of AntiFa actions, some violent. AntiFa was protesting positions that, yes, Trump supporters and "conservatives" may have been espousing. And here NO judgment by me of the actual positions for didn't get into that kind of detail and for some I may well have agreed with the Trump supporters/conservatives!

FOX started off using the blocks to "explain" the background of the AntiFa at first quite accurately but then slipped into (and this was the worst):

The Radical Fringe group is considered the more militant side of the anti-Trump "resistance" movement.

Oh really. Considered by whom? This was not a quote by any authority much less the AntiFa. The only quotes were around "resistance."

Lots of folks resisting Trump these days in various ways. Are they all AntiFa? You can see what they are doing, surely: trying to link the AntiFa into the mainstream politics of anyone who opposes Trump. And conservatives. This is scary stuff.

C'mon. I have a lot of respect for some of your previous posts but if YOU are taken in by this kind of crap this country really is in trouble.

(And, yes, I saw that the video has been splashed all over twitter. Too bad.)

Probably not, but it also works the other way as well. If we see something really bad happen again, this time the culprit being the "anti " protestors , antifa can easily bow out and say they had nothing to do with it, that they are a peaceful organization. This fact , that they can easily cover their tracks makes them pretty dangerous.

And if their only targets where W/S's , I would have no problem with it. Even though I know those dirtbags have the same rights as you and I do under our Constitution.

Okay, I can understand you not buying the link I sent...I do agree it is propaganda like...although which news media outlet isn't these days ? Take a look at these.

Here is an archived link from the website itsgoingdown.org
http://archive.is/vtPZL

Open Letter to ANYONE Saying Antifa Was JUST a "Counter Protest" in Charlottesville!

Left-Wing Agitators Escalate After Charlottes | The Daily Caller

Old 08-21-2017, 12:49 PM

10,659 posts, read 10,735,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKO View Post
The Karl Rove playbook on full display here. If you know you're guilty of being a fascist the first thing you do is accuse your opposition of being a fascist. It's pretty transparent and weak.

What might have happened if the antifa in 1920's and 30's Germany would have had more public support? Worth considering.

It's NOT intolerant to be intolerant of intolerance.
They would have been liquidated........

Old 08-21-2017, 12:53 PM

52,697 posts, read 34,595,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKO View Post
If you know you're guilty of being a fascist the first thing you do is accuse your opposition of being a fascist.
you've described antiFA to a 'T'
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies