Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-20-2017, 05:08 PM

6,732 posts, read 5,179,256 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbcmh81 View Post
So are you all saying that black people are by themselves more prone to crime? Or that they live in circumstances that promote higher levels of crime regardless of race? I'm just curious if people are really suggesting that something like melanin levels in skin cause crime.
Well, to people who aren't smart enough to not take things at face value (skin color) or to people who are bigots, yeah, that's what they think or assume.

I've beaten this topic to death, I'm tired of having to educate the ignorant.

2sleepy and others are doing a good job, anyways.

Old 08-20-2017, 05:16 PM

73,067 posts, read 62,680,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redwood66 View Post
White people cannot fix it. It has to be the community that fixes it. And it sucks that it makes for such a horrible reason to have strife between people.
There was strife between Whites and Black before any kind of issues with the Black murder rate. And you are right, Whites can't solve the murder problem. There is something else. The murder problem affects mostly Black people, as Black people are the ones being murdered the most. For that reason, I don't understand how Black on black murder has anything to do with bad race relations.

Old 08-20-2017, 05:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
We can't force other people to respect us by beating them up or calling them names, either. In fact, I would argue such tactics have the opposite effect.
What does that have to do with anything I've said? I was talking about the people who do obey the law and don't commit crimes.

Old 08-20-2017, 05:20 PM

6,141 posts, read 3,377,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
Let me help you here, the FBI data is for the number of arrests and contains information for crime rates by specific type and total crimes.

in 2015 Blacks were arrested for 51.1% of homicides, When considering all reported crime, whites were arrested for 69.7% of all crimes, while blacks were arrested for 26.6%
https://ucr.fbi.gov/crime-in-the-u.s...ables/table-43

The vast majority of homicides committed by blacks involve a black victim, just as most white homicide victims are killed by a white person. https://ucr.fbi.gov/crime-in-the-u.s...ender_2015.xls

It's always a good idea to fact check stuff like this before you post.
IF anyone cared to look into MASS Killing.. It's overwhelmingly WHITE American's who commit them!!!! Sure a few Muslim or other bark skinned folks.. BUT by comparison.. It's a no brainer just WHO commits murder in MASS numbers!!

WHY do ALT-Right promoters try to paint all those Non-WHite as the folks that have to be purged???

Have no idea ^^ because it's inside your own borders and white folks that are perpetuating horrendous MASS killings!!
http://timelines.latimes.com/deadlie...ting-rampages/

You know, being on the outside, I sure do see the perspective of both sides.. and it's obvious that the OP only listens to ALT-Right Facts and demands non-whites GTE Purged!!! Given the numbers.. Just maybe White that commit such MASS MURDER should be purged... Ohhh yeah, some do end up getting convicted.. BUT infiltrated LE by Extreme White Supremacy types kill... then claim "Fear for Life".. this these same wimps refuse to wear CAMS.. or turn them off!! Juries side with LE... Some day those tables will turn!!

OP's premis is nothing more than a Alt-Right troll thread!! I'm happy to be out of the fold.. as I will never ever travel south of 49th parallel ... and haven't for past 8 years!! Didn't bother renewing my passport.. and have advised all my Canadian friends BE VERY VERY careful..!!!

Old 08-20-2017, 05:23 PM

7,520 posts, read 2,814,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
There was strife between Whites and Black before any kind of issues with the Black murder rate. And you are right, Whites can't solve the murder problem. There is something else. The murder problem affects mostly Black people, as Black people are the ones being murdered the most. For that reason, I don't understand how Black on black murder has anything to do with bad race relations.
My point when I said strife was more to these race/crime discussions on C-D not race relations in the outside world. Anything said by any white person is construed as racist or we don't really know what is going on. The conversation devolved quickly with 2sleepy when he/she responded to the same post you just did. No white people don't know and lots of them will decide to write off any attempt to have a discussion when met with anger and the nasty. I am not being nasty.

Old 08-20-2017, 05:25 PM

15,649 posts, read 10,405,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lepoisson View Post
Skin color has nothing to do with behavior. However, race and ethnicity is more than just skin color. It's culture and language too.

Jamaicans, Haitians, and Africans have black skin, yet their communities don't suffer from the same problem that US born African Americans face.
A Haitian-American women worked for me for a few years when I was very young. She immigrated to the US and had nine children with her Haitian-American husband. She was a wonderful employee. Always pregnant, but never asked for special treatment. Hardworking, kind, prompt. One time she brought all her kids to work because she had no babysitter that day. They were aged three to 15 years old and the best behaved kids I've ever encountered before or since. She was also working on an Associates degree in her spare time while working for me and raising all these children. She earned a LPN nursing certificate and last time I heard from her she was a successful nurse.

Last edited by texan2yankee; 08-20-2017 at 05:43 PM..

Old 08-20-2017, 05:28 PM

41,813 posts, read 51,092,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyndarn View Post
IF anyone cared to look into MASS Killing.. It's overwhelmingly WHITE American's who commit them!!!!
The mass murder statistic is typically where 4 or more people were killed. Blacks have a higher rate than whites. Click the pivot table link.

US Mass Shootings, 1982-2017: Data From Mother Jones’ Investigation – Mother Jones

One thing to note is this particular stat has a very small sample size. I'll alos note I'm not sure how accurate this data is. There is at least one mass murder I'm aware of missing from this data because it happened near me.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_Banks

Old 08-20-2017, 05:31 PM

10,007 posts, read 11,174,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbcmh81 View Post
Also, did someone in this thread suggest "purging" the bottom 10% of the economic structure of the nation? There's really only one way to take that- advocating for mass murder. Is this now acceptable on this forum?
Once again..I was not advocating anything ..it was a statement of simply a small amount of people do a lot of the crime. Geez...Nobody wants to or can purge anybody.

Old 08-20-2017, 05:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwood66 View Post
My point when I said strife was more to these race/crime discussions on C-D not race relations in the outside world. Anything said by any white person is construed as racist or we don't really know what is going on. The conversation devolved quickly with 2sleepy when he/she responded to the same post you just did. No white people don't know and lots of them will decide to write off any attempt to have a discussion when met with anger and the nasty. I am not being nasty.
Well, what I see here on CD, said persons do exist in real life.

This is how I will sum up discussions about race and crime. This is my theory about why they get nasty. There is no trust factor. There is a feeling of "Blacks are looked down on, and some people will look for any excuse to vent their hatred about Blacks".

Old 08-20-2017, 05:33 PM

7,517 posts, read 5,761,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirl64 View Post
How, exactly, do you propose to accomplish this?
Death penalty works pretty well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies