Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-29-2018, 07:22 AM

73,031 posts, read 62,634,962 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
You all beat me to it (several months ago), I was going to say the same thing.

How many times is a teacher assaulted by a student every single day in the United States? I would say dozens. This is nothing new, I saw a kid get into a fight with my history teacher in 1989, but we didn't have camera phones back then so it wasn't on the internet for the world to see. Troubled kids with problems at home, along with little to no discipline, lash out physically at teachers all the time.

The kid in the OP's video will be expelled and most likely face criminal charges. Justice will be served.
This stuff is nothing new. The thing is, how do we prevent this from happening again??

Yes, that kid will like be prosecuted. However, he will have to come out of prison soon. He didn't commit murder. He might do something like this again. High rates of recidivism for violent criminals.

Old 03-29-2018, 07:59 AM

11,404 posts, read 4,087,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
This stuff is nothing new. The thing is, how do we prevent this from happening again??

Yes, that kid will like be prosecuted. However, he will have to come out of prison soon. He didn't commit murder. He might do something like this again. High rates of recidivism for violent criminals.
You are right. Somebody mentioned earlier in this thread, but young people who resort to violence to resolve conflicts will most likely grow up to be violent adults and engage in more violent conflicts.

I know it's cliché, but I think preventing these kid's issues start at home. Most kids who act out in school are products of their environment. I bet if you analyzed all the kids who attacked teachers over the last six months in the United States, and did a home study on them, you would find many of these children either come from crap situations, or have issues of their own. Father not around, mother on drugs, sexual abuse, emotional abuse, etc. Or they might suffer from depression, self-esteem issues, feeling isolated or not fitting in, on the autism spectrum, etc.

Now by all means I'm not excusing all these kids, personal responsibility still exists and we are all held accountable for our actions. Not every kid that has problems at home or mental issues is going around punching their teachers. But I bet more often than not, kids that resort to violence at a young age have issues that they don't know how to deal with, so they use violence to let out their frustrations.

On the flip side, some people are just mean, and others are plumb-crazy. People are people, and though home environment does play a role in your development as a human being, you're still responsible for your own actions. But I'd bet good money that most kids who get in trouble at school and get into a lot of fights are dealing with issues outside of school that children should never have to.

Old 03-29-2018, 09:39 AM

25,849 posts, read 16,537,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Sadly this is not actually something new.
It used to be damn rare.

Old 03-29-2018, 09:43 AM

25,849 posts, read 16,537,070 times
The truth is, there is an increasing percentage of the population that has no business being free in our society. And you can thank directly liberal pollution in our culture.

Old 03-29-2018, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
The truth is, there is an increasing percentage of the population that has no business being free in our society. And you can thank directly liberal pollution in our culture.
Actually, there have always been alot of people who shiuld never be in free society. You can't blame liberals for that. It's been a problem for at least a centiry. The difference is now social media has caught up. And many people got away with heinous stuff in the 40s and 50s. Plenty of violence during Prohibition. Memphis,Tennessee has been a violent city from day one.

Old 03-29-2018, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
You are right. Somebody mentioned earlier in this thread, but young people who resort to violence to resolve conflicts will most likely grow up to be violent adults and engage in more violent conflicts.

I know it's cliché, but I think preventing these kid's issues start at home. Most kids who act out in school are products of their environment. I bet if you analyzed all the kids who attacked teachers over the last six months in the United States, and did a home study on them, you would find many of these children either come from crap situations, or have issues of their own. Father not around, mother on drugs, sexual abuse, emotional abuse, etc. Or they might suffer from depression, self-esteem issues, feeling isolated or not fitting in, on the autism spectrum, etc.

Now by all means I'm not excusing all these kids, personal responsibility still exists and we are all held accountable for our actions. Not every kid that has problems at home or mental issues is going around punching their teachers. But I bet more often than not, kids that resort to violence at a young age have issues that they don't know how to deal with, so they use violence to let out their frustrations.

On the flip side, some people are just mean, and others are plumb-crazy. People are people, and though home environment does play a role in your development as a human being, you're still responsible for your own actions. But I'd bet good money that most kids who get in trouble at school and get into a lot of fights are dealing with issues outside of school that children should never have to.
Alot of this goes back to another sad reality. Some people should not have children. If a person cannot afford to raise a child, use protection. If you can afford protection, don't have sex.

This is what needs to happen. Better yourself, find a mate with that same mentality, get married, THEN have children. Many men out there are no good. So are many women. We have men impregnating women, and women picking the stupid and trashy men to get pregnant with. In some cases, women have sex with multiple men, and don't know who the father (or fathers) of their children are. Many of those women can't provide for their children. Many never grew up and make lousy parents.

If I was a betting man, I would say alot of kids ahould have been put up for adoption(I'm against abortion). Alot of violent kids are raised by lousy parents, in environments where violence is the norm. Many grow up being abused.

Old 03-30-2018, 08:09 PM

Milwaukee has had problems in their public schools for years, especially in the city's north side.

Old 04-01-2018, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
It used to be damn rare.
Depends on where you went to school. If you didn't go to school in a rough neighborhood, then it would likely be rare.

Old 04-01-2018, 01:14 PM

12,040 posts, read 6,574,734 times
What's just as disturbing as the assault is in one of the videos the other kids in the class are laughing as he beats the teacher.....

Old 04-01-2018, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainrose View Post
What's just as disturbing as the assault is in one of the videos the other kids in the class are laughing as he beats the teacher.....
That is the sign of a sociopath right there. Laughing while watching a teacher getting beaten. Either said student is a sociopath, or violence is so normal to said person that laughing about it is no big deal to said person.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies