Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you vote to forfeit 800,000 American job opportunities?
Sure, why not? We are generous. 46 34.07%
No! Are you crazy? 76 56.30%
I don't care. 13 9.63%
Voters: 135. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2017, 08:13 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,986,419 times

Advertisements

The funny thing is that Congress will not get rid of the program, but they will make it Law with some changes I assume. Maybe if Congress would have done their job while Obama was in office this would not be an issue today. Those of you that think DACA is going to end are fooling yourselves, the reality will set in before those 6 months pass, enjoy.

Old 09-06-2017, 08:13 AM

51,692 posts, read 25,972,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
I don't know, there must be something to it as evidenced by many on here who do the same to Trump. What say you about them?
I say the same thing: Give it a rest.

These are serious times. The soul of our nation at stake.

No time to entertain fools.

Last edited by GotHereQuickAsICould; 09-06-2017 at 08:26 AM..

Old 09-06-2017, 08:15 AM

10,046 posts, read 5,761,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
If this is true, they should have no problem working with Democrats to get a law passed.
I have every confidence this Congress will labor tirelessly at passing nothing.

Old 09-06-2017, 08:20 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,095,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
I say the same thing. Give it a rest.

These are serious times. The soul of our nation at stake.

No time to entertain fools.
Then don't make foolish one sided statements.
Yes, it is serious and yes, our nation is at stake. Will we accept no borders and no need for citizenship or will we demand borders and controlled immigration or will it be "citizens of the world" for the U.S.?

Of course it'll only be one way as the rest of the world demands borders and regulated immigration.

What do people see as our path to the future?

Old 09-06-2017, 08:22 AM

22,923 posts, read 15,556,122 times
Considering the welfare of those who were not of the age of majority when a decision was made on their behalf by their parents to illegally enter another country with them in tow cannot be an easy task.

Considering the amnesties already granted for less moral and ethically imperative reasons cannot add to the "ease" of that task.

Trump has put Congress between the rock and the veritable hard place. It is however, what you're paying them for, is it not?

Old 09-06-2017, 08:22 AM

50,545 posts, read 47,353,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spreadofllknowledge View Post
Yeah he's just a racist. When he mentions legal immigrants he mentions the Irish Italians and Germans. Illegals to him are Mexicans he even had to dress in a sombrero and poncho when he had to represent an undocumented immigrant. Also saying that the things that the daca recipients did are crimes is like saying a poor kid who stole food should be considered a criminal, without understanding why he did it.
That's what you got from that conversation? I don't think you understand what the term racist means. Illegal is a status, not a race.

Old 09-06-2017, 08:24 AM

50,545 posts, read 47,353,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
Considering the welfare of those who were not of the age of majority when a decision was made on their behalf by their parents to illegally enter another country with them in tow cannot be an easy task.

Considering the amnesties already granted for less moral and ethically imperative reasons cannot add to the "ease" of that task.

Trump has put Congress between the rock and the veritable hard place. It is however, what you're paying them for, is it not?
Exactly! This I have a pen crap has to stop, on both sides.

Old 09-06-2017, 08:25 AM

51,692 posts, read 25,972,257 times
We do have borders, visas, paths to citizenship, ... All have been supported by Democrats right along with Republicans.

This open borders BS, make-believe to rile up the base.

We have almost no penalties for employers. This is a mistake that other nations don't make.

We need to fix this.

Old 09-06-2017, 08:25 AM

16,375 posts, read 22,556,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bitey View Post
I have every confidence this Congress will labor tirelessly at passing nothing.
Tax reform legislation likely will result in 'passing nothing'. Tax reform was already questionable. With the hurricanes as well as DACA, congress now has a lot more on their plate. They still have to pass a budget (even if temporary) by end of September to avoid a government shutdown. And they have to deal with a the FEMA Flood Insurance Plan renewal.

New legislation that that likely pass is bi-partison legislation which prevents Trump from firing Mueller. They are working on this now and it has strong bi-partisan support from both houses. It likely will have a veto-proof majority.

But DACA, healthcare and tax reform are likely going to be stalled.

Old 09-06-2017, 08:26 AM

63,267 posts, read 29,364,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sware2cod View Post
Republicans in congress are speaking out against Trump's DACA decision. Don't try to spin this as "only leftist". Even Trump said he might flip on the decision.

“DACA has made sense to me”: Republican lawmakers pledge to support DACA over Trump - Salon.com

Both Republican leaders of Congress, House Speaker Paul Ryan, R-Wisc., and Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell, R-Ky., have also spoken out against ending DACA.

Why don't you just answer the questions that the OP asked instead of going on about the sell out Republicans in congress? He is posing them to lefty liberals and ethnocentric Americans who are upset about Trump's DACA decision.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies