Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you vote to forfeit 800,000 American job opportunities?
Sure, why not? We are generous. 46 34.07%
No! Are you crazy? 76 56.30%
I don't care. 13 9.63%
Voters: 135. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2017, 06:51 AM

21,484 posts, read 10,591,140 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
- Obama repeatedly says there are laws in the books that wont allow him to bypass congress and hand out amnesty.

-Obama then uses his executive power to bypass congress and implements DACA ( lol)

- the Supreme Court blocks DACA

- Trump comes along to meet DACA legal deadline to address the issue, and instead of destroying DACA, he hands DACA to congress and gives them 6 months to come up with an actual immigration reform LAW....an actual LAW!
Not an unconstitutional executive order, but an actual LAW!

- liberals have a total meltdown.

What exactly is the problem with giving congress a chance to come up with a legal solution??
Are leftists under the assumption that president Obama had the power to create and pass laws by himself?

So whats the issue?
They're really not smart enough to get beyond "that's racist." They cannot even understand that it was Obama who got them here, not the Republicans. Now see congress finally work together in a bipartisan way, just not for something that benefits US citizens. See where the priorities are. Who knows, maybe it will be catching and they'll start working together again.

But if they attach DACA to Harvey aid, that will be scummy.

Old 09-06-2017, 06:53 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,250,702 times
Why are you unable to read the opinions in one of the many threads on this topic?

Old 09-06-2017, 06:53 AM

26,694 posts, read 14,582,163 times
Trump won and Hillary lost.

Old 09-06-2017, 06:56 AM

16,376 posts, read 22,502,666 times
Republicans in congress are speaking out against Trump's DACA decision. Don't try to spin this as "only leftist". Even Trump said he might flip on the decision.

“DACA has made sense to me”: Republican lawmakers pledge to support DACA over Trump - Salon.com

Both Republican leaders of Congress, House Speaker Paul Ryan, R-Wisc., and Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell, R-Ky., have also spoken out against ending DACA

Old 09-06-2017, 06:57 AM

20,955 posts, read 8,690,507 times
Quote:
What exactly is the problem with giving congress a chance to come up with a legal solution??
Are leftists under the assumption that president Obama had the power to create and pass laws by himself?

So whats the issue?
"Leftists and Moderates" have the same basic opinion as 1/2 of the GOP Senators, so you might be better off asking them.

Old 09-06-2017, 07:02 AM

51,655 posts, read 25,857,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
With everything going on, one must wonder why Trump wants to focus on expelling daca-babies. Strange priorities.
Gets the focus off the Russian-Trump hearings, investigations, grand juries, ...

Old 09-06-2017, 07:04 AM

24,561 posts, read 40,308,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro5 View Post
Well the thing is, if these idiots actually knew that this is about immigration reform and NOT deporting people they wouldn't have to get their frilly panties in a bunch.

Nobody is going anywhere, so calm down.
Right.

Congress tried to amnesty illegals under Bush and it didn't work. Obama kept telling Congress to do something and obviously, they didn't...enter DACA & DAPA, which I thought were the exact opposite of what we should be doing, but hey.

Now SCOTUS has ruled against DAPA and Trump has punted DACA back into Congress's hands, which is exactly where it should have been in the first place.

They'll either amnesty these people, or they won't. Either way, Trump is exactly correct: this is the legislative branch's responsibility, not the executive branch's.

Our do-nothing government has sat on its hands ever since 1986 (when the last "one time only" amnesty occurred) as illegals have continued to pour across the border and have continued to overstay their visas. This is a monster created by 30 years of successive administrations, both Republican and Democrat, and 30 years of successive Congresses, controlled by both Republicans and Democrats at various points.

The responsibility for these kids' predicament ultimately lies with their parents, since they're the ones who really put them in this situation to begin with. But when you're seeing the news in your third-world hellhole and you hear that the US is giving out amnesty, food stamps, housing, free healthcare, free education, etc...why wouldn't you try to get some of that?

We've had way too much carrot and not nearly enough stick.

Unfortunately the people who will pay the price for this are the same people who always pay the price for government screw-ups: US, the US-born taxpayers and jobseekers.

I have little doubt that Congress will suddenly find a way to "come together" and "reach across the aisle" to amnesty these "bright kids". ("Bright", because less than 8% of them have college degrees compared to about a third of Americans.) They'll give these kids amnesty because they have no choice. They have to. They'll get voted out of office if they don't.

Me personally...I oppose giving any illegal immigrant amnesty. But it appears that when it comes to DACA recipients, I'm in the minority.

Old 09-06-2017, 07:05 AM

4,178 posts, read 2,651,580 times
I'm leftist and I don't understand the outrage either. But I think anything Trump does, the media will run with the white nationalist racist card. But legally....the thing should be...I don't know...legal...for it to keep going. And it's not at all, so.....(shrugs shoulders).

Not only that, Trump is even giving them a 2 year extension, which gives time for these people to get their work visas and whatnot legally. So again, not seeing what the issue really is...

Old 09-06-2017, 07:07 AM

57,338 posts, read 26,255,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
With everything going on, one must wonder why Trump wants to focus on expelling daca-babies. Strange priorities.
Absolutely, same as the sheriff Joe emergency pardon, there are more important things to worry about. Congress really has it's hands full with the spending cap, budget, ACA, North Korea and tax reform, I think this could have waited.

Congress wants no part of this as there are no easy answers, if they couldn't come up with immigration reform in 40 years what makes them think they can do this in 6 months. There are 11 million illegal immigrants and they start off getting tough with the children that were brought here by their parents, very impressive.

Old 09-06-2017, 07:10 AM

24,507 posts, read 17,260,237 times
Quote:

So whats the issue?

The issue is simple. Obama GOOD Trump BAD.

Obama was given free reign to do what he wanted with little push back from the Reps. and even less from the media beyond FOX.
Trump of course is the favorite target of the Dems and the mass media to discredit and criticize even when he suggests ending a questionable program like DACA.

Obama was so wrong to give these people hope that somehow in breaking Federal laws they would be given a pass. Okay technically the "kids" some as old as 25 were dragged here by their parents so their parents should be sent packing not them BUT the parents have a choice to take their kids with them whereas if they had broken any other laws they would go to prison and have to leave the kids who could visit on Sunday.

I would like to see all these bleeding hearts adopt/sponsor a few of these DACA kids so they can stay in America. If each Liberal family would take in 2 kids and raise them as their own we wouldn't need the feds to pay their way which would free up billions in tax dollars.

Trump is making good on a campaign promise and it is now in the hands of congress but I don't hold out much hope they will get much done besides giving the DACA kids amnesty.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies