Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-12-2023, 01:02 PM

78,339 posts, read 60,527,398 times

Advertisements

If you stop and look around this country you'll see people that are swedish, black, asian, native american....and that's just one person.

A whole lot of people, a disappointing number that are young people, embracing race still like it's 1970.

Old 04-12-2023, 01:13 PM

50,340 posts, read 63,906,560 times
I’m a person of the white color. I think there is nothing wrong with favoring, and helping your own people. Jews do, the Irish do, the Italians do, Indians do, etc. Many other nationalities have done it, and blacks have not done it enough.

Sorry, but I think you have been your own worst enemy sometimes. No other group in America has been oppressed as much as the black people, but that was then, and this is now. No former slave is alive, and no former slave owner is alive.

There are plenty of successful black families who are living the “American dream”, so those who aren’t usually have themselves to blame….same as anybody else.

Old 04-12-2023, 01:38 PM

18,429 posts, read 8,258,982 times
if blacks are so downtrodden....

why are they featured in every commercial?....who are they selling those new cars, TV's, and every other luxury product you can think of.....to then?

Old 04-12-2023, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrie22 View Post
if blacks are so downtrodden....

why are they featured in every commercial?....who are they selling those new cars, TV's, and every other luxury product you can think of.....to then?
Commercials are a whole “nother” subject. We are lead to believe there are no same race couples anymore, or heterosexual sex couples anymore. That’s another thread. They think this means that they’re woke, but it really means that a black man, married to a black woman isn’t good enough. Or an Asian man married to an Asian woman isn’t good enough. Who are the racists? It’s not us white people.

Old 04-13-2023, 08:07 AM

72,977 posts, read 62,554,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
Commercials are a whole “nother” subject. We are lead to believe there are no same race couples anymore, or heterosexual sex couples anymore. That’s another thread. They think this means that they’re woke, but it really means that a black man, married to a black woman isn’t good enough. Or an Asian man married to an Asian woman isn’t good enough. Who are the racists? It’s not us white people.
Just on religious principles, I don't celebrate same-sex couples. However, when it comes to interracial couples, I do not have a problem with that. And I cannot understand anyone who would complain about interracial couples. When I see interracial couples in commercials, I don't think "WOKE". I think "interracial couples are finally getting some acceptance". I do not see why I should have a problem with mixed-race couples in commercials.

Old 04-13-2023, 08:11 AM

116 posts, read 48,060 times
I think all people, regardless of color, should advocate for fairness and equal rights of all people, regardless of color. Anyone who advocates only for a person of a certain race and not for all people is no better than the Nazis or the KKK.

Old 04-13-2023, 08:32 AM

16,555 posts, read 10,607,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Just on religious principles, I don't celebrate same-sex couples. However, when it comes to interracial couples, I do not have a problem with that. And I cannot understand anyone who would complain about interracial couples. When I see interracial couples in commercials, I don't think "WOKE". I think "interracial couples are finally getting some acceptance". I do not see why I should have a problem with mixed-race couples in commercials.
Would you feel the same way if you saw nothing but white people in commercials? The problem isn't that interracial couples are being shown in commercials. The problem is that they're being shown at rates that are vastly disproportionate to their share of the overall population. When that happens, it's not just random chance; there's an agenda at work. An agenda that says that interracial couples are somehow superior to everyone else, and by extension, same-race couples are somehow inferior.

Old 04-13-2023, 08:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
I did not mean that I have a problem with interracial couples. I think in a few generations, we will all be the same mocha color, which is fine. My problem is, now, there are no commercials with white couples or white children. It’s the whole “white people, bad” thing that I have trouble with.

Like I said before, the underlying message is there is something wrong with being married to someone of your own race. Ask black women what they think about black men marrying white of Asian women. They don’t like it.

Old 04-13-2023, 08:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
I did not mean that I have a problem with interracial couples. I think in a few generations, we will all be the same mocha color, which is fine. My problem is, now, there are no commercials with white couples or white children. It’s the whole “white people, bad” thing that I have trouble with.

Like I said before, the underlying message is there is something wrong with being married to someone of your own race. Ask black women what they think about black men marrying white of Asian women. They don’t like it.
Well, I don't see the same thing as you. I know there are plenty of same-race couples all over. I see it everywhere I go. I also understand the rate of interracial couples has grown over the last decade. And for that reason, I don't see this as "we're being inundated with 'white people bad' message". Of course, I haven't watched much television and most of the commercials I see are on Youtube, alot of them featuring White people.

As for what some people think of interracial marriage, well, this is my response. I'm aware of some black women not liking interracial couples. I'm aware of some Black women not liking it when Black men marrying outside of their race. Well, as a Black man, I'll date and marry who I want to marry. Whoever doesn't like it, there isn't a thing they can do. And I'm also seeing more Black women dating and marrying White men these days. I don't have a problem with that.

Old 04-13-2023, 08:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandorafan5687 View Post
Tribal mentalities [to a certain extent] are a part of human nature. It's more of a comfort thing in some cases.
It might be considered part of human nature. But I also think about this. Interracial marriage was banned in alot of America, especially the South. And alot of interracial marriage, or any interracial fraternizing that went beyond the surface, was banned. Such bans were aimed particularly at Black men. If it was a strong part of human nature, there wouldn't be any laws needed. There would be no Jim Crow laws, sundown laws, or the like.

Personally, I don't buy into tribalism. It's good for Black people to advocate for one another. It's good for Black people to want other Black people to do better for themselves. At the same time, I've never been into "stick to your own kind and stay away from everyone else" kind of mentality.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies