Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-11-2017, 05:35 AM

41,813 posts, read 51,074,696 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
I would suggest you stop claiming a simple bureaucratic mistake is a conspiracy.....
I believe I have said this to you before and I'll say it again. Do not try and put words into my mouth.

What I have said about this and what the facts are is this investigation has lead to Lerner. Without her testimony we will never have the full facts or know what happened. One thing to remember is just because no one is going to be prosecuted does not mean a crime hasn't occurred.

Quote:
and deserving of muliple investigations by congress.
Had the IRS been more cooperative and not stonewalled the investigation perhaps it would not have taken so long. For example waiting an entire year to inform Congress that Lerner's emails were lost after promising them for that year. How does it take an entire year to determine they were deleted?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2017, 05:41 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,231,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
Had the IRS been more cooperative and not stonewalled the investigation perhaps it would not have taken so long. For example waiting an entire year to inform Congress that Lerner's emails were lost after promising them for that year. How does it take an entire year to determine they were deleted?
Lerner got away with it but it was all this corruption that gave us Trump so in the end we all pay for the corruption by her and others.

Old 09-11-2017, 05:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
No. The BOLO list included some terms likely to target conservatives.
Such as "Tea party"..... That's apolitical criteria. There was such terms used for liberal groups. The criteria uses to flag them would have flagged anyone which is the way it's supposed to work.

I'm not sue what part of this not understood but that criteria is specifically targeting a political ideology and the IRS cannot do that even if they had applied the law equally which they did not.

Old 09-11-2017, 05:42 AM

Quote:
It was a ill advised search tool developed by the IRS, s
An ill advised search tool that just happened to flag 100% of groups with the name Tea Party.

Old 09-11-2017, 05:53 AM

57,314 posts, read 26,236,916 times
Quote:
I believe I have said this to you before and I'll say it again. Do not try and put words into my mouth.

What I have said about this and what the facts are is this investigation has lead to Lerner. Without her testimony we will never have the full facts or know what happened. One thing to remember is just because no one is going to be prosecuted does not mean a crime hasn't occurred.

You are claiming this was a premeditated act to single out only conservative groups, if that is true then there would need to be others involved and a paper trail. All this time spent by congress investigating and they were unable to prove that there was an ulterior motive other than expediting the avalanche of applications after Citizens United. Stop blaming Lois Lerner's testimony as an excuse, any good prosecutor could make a case if one existed.

Old 09-11-2017, 05:54 AM

57,314 posts, read 26,236,916 times
Quote:
An ill advised search tool that just happened to flag 100% of groups with the name Tea Party.
Go see post #85.

Old 09-11-2017, 05:58 AM

51,655 posts, read 25,843,388 times
Quote:
You are claiming this was a premeditated act to single out only conservative groups, if that is true then there would need to be others involved and a paper trail. All this time spent by congress investigating and they were unable to prove that there was an ulterior motive other than expediting the avalanche of applications after Citizens United. Stop blaming Lois Lerner's testimony as an excuse, any good prosecutor could make a case if one existed.
Exactly.

If there was any way possible to come up with a crumb of a crime, Trey Gowdy would be all over it.

Old 09-11-2017, 06:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Exactly.

If there was any way possible to come up with a crumb of a crime, Trey Gowdy would be all over it.
Trey Gowdy is a part of the corruption.

Old 09-11-2017, 06:18 AM

51,655 posts, read 25,843,388 times
It's amazing that some still have their hopes pinned on yet another in the stream of bogus "scandals."

Trying to deal with the flood of tax-exempt applications after Citizens United, IRS employees try to sort applications to make some sense of all it. Tea Party groups throw a three yard fit because they get asked what they're up to and why they are applying to be tax-exempt social welfare groups. Turns out these questions are not allowed.

In any case, Obama fired the IRS Director for "inexcusable behavior." He wasn't the only one who lost a job over this. New checks were put it place to make sure the law would be applied in a fair and impartial way.

For years now, Rs have been trying to fan this into a scandal.

DOJs from two administrations have said there will be no criminal prosecution as there is nothing to prosecute.

Seems clear enough.

On the next conspiracy.

Old 09-11-2017, 06:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
It's amazing that some still have their hopes pinned on yet another in the stream of bogus "scandals."

Trying to deal with the flood of tax-exempt applications after Citizens United,
These statuses were in place long before that ruling.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies