Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-14-2017, 06:34 PM

3,841 posts, read 1,979,511 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Correct, it is now Trumps issue to deal with, do you think he will get it right or mess it up?
If there was a right way I think that way would have been taken by one of Trumps last 4 predecessors. That's why we had Trump v Clinton. No sane person wanted the job.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2017, 06:36 PM

3,458 posts, read 1,455,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by J746NEW View Post

Looking at the map, in order for Kim to test the long range capabilities, which direction could they launch without flying over another country?

It looks like the answer is it is not possible.
If they go straight south, it flies over South Korea.

Unlike our country that fired many into the sea with ocean surrounding us

It also looks like the highest point of the missile was when it was over land
This is being blown out of proportion by warmongers
Maybe you are correct. But, NK just announced it would sink Japan and turn us into ashes, then shot off a missile over Japan toward us. Itś a bit hard to just ignore it don't you think?

Old 09-14-2017, 06:44 PM

3,458 posts, read 1,455,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post
"Fault" is not relevant. Was IS relevant is that is it is now TRUMP's responsibility. He's the one wearing the "big boy" pants now. WHAT is HE going to do about it - aside from complaining that it's "somebody else's fault?

Ken
This will most likely just cause an arms race in Asia. NK will be a nuclear power, so then it will domino across Asia. We will end up handling it like we always have. Waiting and waiting and waiting.

Old 09-14-2017, 06:54 PM

8,918 posts, read 4,655,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
Just curious why you specifically picked Reagan as the "start" date for the "problem."
Because he doesn't want to admit that Carter, Clinton, and Obama created this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmilyFoxSeaton View Post
I am pretty worried. I thought the US position is that we would never tolerate someone with nukes - never mind someone with nukes making threats. But here we are... tolerating it.
Except Pakistan and India
Developed under Clinton https://www.armscontrol.org/act/2008_05/lookingback
Saber rattling under Obama India-Pakistan tensions: Do nuclear weapons prevent all-out war? - CNN

Quote:
This is like when I go to my hairdresser and she wants to know what hairstyle I want and how to achieve it. I aint a military person. They know the options but I know that one needs to be used.
(You kinda know me, so I won't bother with credentials.)
Some of my "friends" have been war gaming it.

Best scenario we can come up with is one that no one wants to stomach.
About 1 million casualties.
We would have to make the first strike, and it would be a massive nuclear strike.

Any scenario where we let him make the first move looks like 10million casualties.
Or worse.

Old 09-14-2017, 06:59 PM

20,460 posts, read 26,334,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokinouta View Post
This will most likely just cause an arms race in Asia. NK will be a nuclear power, so then it will domino across Asia. We will end up handling it like we always have. Waiting and waiting and waiting.
Which is kind'a my point.
For all of Trumps harsh criticism of Obama, he's unlikely to resolve the issue any better than Obama did.

Ken

Old 09-14-2017, 07:00 PM

20,834 posts, read 17,106,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sculptor View Post
trump is the reason WHY this is happening.
I predicted months ago, that as soon as this clown took power we would be involved in another war within a year, he has started before election day that he wanted to BOMB Iran, I figured Iran would be first on the "hit list" but sending more troops back to Afghanistan and signing a multi billion dollar additional military spending bill, and signing another to give local police depts "surplus" military hardware to use against civilians like tracked armored vehicles, >.50 cal firearms, grenade launchers etc without the restrictions President Obama wisely put in place, the hand writing is on the wall.

Now N. Korea.

And what ever happened to all that outrage about Russia invading the Ukraine, the thing that the republicans were all angry, riled up, burning torches and demanding President Obama "do something" about (like what? WWlll with nuke armed Russia?), now suddenly isn't even mentioned at all since Nov!!

Somehow THAT was real important when it was President OBAMA in office but now it doesn't matter LOL!
Trump is responsible for NK's actions? Do I have that correct?

Old 09-14-2017, 07:06 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,941,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AADAD View Post
Trump is responsible for NK's actions? Do I have that correct?
Nope, Just his own,

Old 09-14-2017, 07:13 PM

8,104 posts, read 3,961,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokinouta View Post
Maybe you are correct. But, NK just announced it would sink Japan and turn us into ashes, then shot off a missile over Japan toward us. Itś a bit hard to just ignore it don't you think?
I think ignoring it would be the wisest option, don't you?
If North Korea lands one of their nukes on a city, we can fire multiple missiles at them and level them to the ground and it would be defensively justifiable.

If we attack them first, we will be the big bully and I will also be shouting for the heads in our country if they start a nuclear war. We will also now have the potential to not have just ONE missile nuke one of our cities but multiple nukes from China and Russia.

The choice is pretty clear
Wait until we are attacked
Given that North Korea has few missiles unlike us, I would say their actions are defensive in nature.

If they were actually going to attack, do you think they would only launch one missile and also not open up the gates of hell with their artillery since they know what is coming?

Old 09-14-2017, 07:23 PM

8,518 posts, read 3,757,549 times
Quote:
I am pretty worried. I thought the US position is that we would never tolerate someone with nukes - never mind someone with nukes making threats. But here we are... tolerating it.

I guess we just beat up on countries that use goats as transport.
Comment of the day. You are the first person I have seen in a long time that said it like it is........ We have been a paper tiger for a long long time. Grenada , Afghanistan , Vietnam , Iraq , Libya, Syria. It's a shame ....... The NK leadership has learned this lesson and went the way of India, Pakistan and Iran. Iran may or may not have Nukes but they have conventional weapons and militias all over the region.

Old 09-14-2017, 07:29 PM

8,518 posts, read 3,757,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shizzles View Post
The sad, heartbreaking reality is that this about finally taking over SK without the US in it's way. Kim figures once he has enough nukes to basically overwhelm any missile defense capabilites on our part, we won't dare oppose him invading SK. Negotiations won't yield anything, not even removing US troops from SK (which we should do anyway).

The only solution to this is giving the South Koreans and Japanese the bomb.
Yes. Great idea. Nuke your neighbor's house. No way that radiation and fallout travels and renders your own house uninhabitable....... Geeeeez. Does anyone in this forum understand how a nuke works???
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies